Hard to Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    I know well most likely never see demar coming off the bench consistently, I could imagine DC becoming curious enough to try shuffling the lineup to spice things up at one point.
    you can almost guarantee none of Lowry, Demar or Gay would come off the bench (aside from injury or doing something seriousy stupid off court).

A team that is either rebuilding, tanking, or evaluating or whatever else one thinks its doing, is not going to bench experienced core players (whether its core to the team's future or key peice in a trade). The only way thats happening is if there is a stud player that is just to valuable to ignore, to replace them.... and that guy does not exist on this team.

Comment

Luckily, it's still early. but 2-4 can quickly become 2-5, 2-6...at which point, does Masai go into full tank mode?

...I say this, because I think only at that point will we finally see some change. I'm not a fan of tanking, but this offence is awful to watch, it's burning my rods and cones.
      Last edited by 10 000 Hours; Sat Nov 9, 2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: adding some thoughts.
      Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
        Luckily, it's still early. but 2-4 can quickly become 2-5, 2-6...at which point, does Masai go into full tank mode?

...I say this, because I think only at that point will we finally see some change. I'm not a fan of tanking, but this offence is awful to watch, it's burning my rods and cones.
        I think if I remember hearing correctly, 6 weeks to 2 months was what they said during the broadcast.

and by the way, it can easily become 3-4, and then 4-4 too.

and people also bring up the loss to the Bobcats, well, the Knicks lost to them too, does that mean they're going to go into full tank mode?

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
          I think if I remember hearing correctly, 6 weeks to 2 months was what they said during the broadcast.

and by the way, it can easily become 3-4, and then 4-4 too.

and people also bring up the loss to the Bobcats, well, the Knicks lost to them too, does that mean they're going to go into full tank mode?
          We had a chance to win, but this chance was ruined by Dwayne Casey.

Knicks... they just lost. stuff happens.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
            you can almost guarantee none of Lowry, Demar or Gay would come off the bench (aside from injury or doing something seriousy stupid off court).

A team that is either rebuilding, tanking, or evaluating or whatever else one thinks its doing, is not going to bench experienced core players (whether its core to the team's future or key peice in a trade). The only way thats happening is if there is a stud player that is just to valuable to ignore, to replace them.... and that guy does not exist on this team.
            I don't think you can guarantee that any player will or will not start. That is completely up to the coaches discretion. Also, I know that Kyle Lowry came off the bench for Calderon after he got injured, but Calderon was still able to maintain the starting role. That shows how a situation like that can be a positive. Giving others a chance might make your team better.
            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Under "normal" circumstances any "normal" coach might consider the possibility to have one of DD or Gay come off the bench. Well, Gay is definitely not going to be the one. Their games are a duplication...iso, dont pass and inefficient.

Comment

Right. Time to rant.
                Seems like the right thread for it.

Anyone else feel like - regardless of everything else, and not even dealing with the on-court product - this team is just dreadfully boring? I look at every other team, and it seems to me that most of them have some sort of intrigue, or something that makes me want to watch a recap of last night's game.
                You think anyone outside of Toronto is doing that for us?
                Almost all of the other "bad" teams have something going for them.
                We don't even have a rookie to watch. Man, Colangelo really needs a statue built in the sewer.

Orlando have tons of interesting young players to watch (I really like this team).
                Sacramento have McLemore and Boogie.
                The 76ers are an enigma and that's interesting enough.
                The Sun can see what Bledsoe is capable of.
                Utah has 3 guys that could break out, and 1 really solid player who hasn't reached his ceiling.

Milwaukee is more boring than us, admittedly.

But we don't even play our most interesting player!

Ugh.
                It seems no matter how I look at this team, I don't like it.

I may just watch good basketball until Masai makes his next move.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  has anyone considered bringing demar off the bench????
                  I've mentioned that a few times.

Only way I want to see him on the Raptors moving forward to be 100% honest.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    This idea was bounced around a lot during the summer here.. I personally like the idea as well.
                    To a lot of opposition I might add.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post

If they don't get the game versus Utah tonight, 4-19 is going to have a challenge.

Philly is not the pushover many thought.

Washington is better than the 0-3 start and have now won 2 straight.

The Denver game (Dec. 1st) might realistically be the only 'easy win' between now and December 15th.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                        Right. Time to rant.
                        Seems like the right thread for it.

Anyone else feel like - regardless of everything else, and not even dealing with the on-court product - this team is just dreadfully boring? I look at every other team, and it seems to me that most of them have some sort of intrigue, or something that makes me want to watch a recap of last night's game.
                        You think anyone outside of Toronto is doing that for us?
                        Almost all of the other "bad" teams have something going for them.
                        We don't even have a rookie to watch. Man, Colangelo really needs a statue built in the sewer.

Orlando have tons of interesting young players to watch (I really like this team).
                        Sacramento have McLemore and Boogie.
                        The 76ers are an enigma and that's interesting enough.
                        The Sun can see what Bledsoe is capable of.
                        Utah has 3 guys that could break out, and 1 really solid player who hasn't reached his ceiling.

Milwaukee is more boring than us, admittedly.

But we don't even play our most interesting player!

Ugh.
                        It seems no matter how I look at this team, I don't like it.

I may just watch good basketball until Masai makes his next move.
                        I would argue Milwaukee has Sanders (he'll return to form soon), Henson, and Giannis 'Po (especially 'Po). That intrigues me a lot more than just JV and maybe Ross.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          I would argue Milwaukee has Sanders (he'll return to form soon), Henson, and Giannis 'Po (especially 'Po). That intrigues me a lot more than just JV and maybe Ross.
                          You're right.
                          Sob

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            If they don't get the game versus Utah tonight, 4-19 is going to have a challenge.

Philly is not the pushover many thought.

Washington is better than the 0-3 start and have now won 2 straight.

The Denver game (Dec. 1st) might realistically be the only 'easy win' between now and December 15th.
                            Seems Toronto may be tanking without even trying to tank. Your wish just might be granted! lol
                            Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                              I have mentioned this before, as a guy who prefers a defense-first approach, I have been impressed that they have been able to hold their opponents below 100 (with the exception of 2 games), so that to me is fun to watch. To me, the only one that has to gtfo (besides Casey) is DeMar, flame me if you want, but his defense is terrible. I'd be much more content with Ross at this point.
                              Yes, they are trying hard on defence....really?

Think about this, do you really believe they are getting full value from their opponents right now? I don't, I think teams have come in and played soft on them, leading to periods where hard work has help Toronto limit teams for stretches. After that, in the crunch, when it counted, Toronto was annihilated.

I'm old, and I like defense too, but I ain't giving this squad shit until they can do it when is counts.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                                Yes, they are trying hard on defence....really?

Think about this, do you really believe they are getting full value from their opponents right now? I don't, I think teams have come in and played soft on them, leading to periods where hard work has help Toronto limit teams for stretches. After that, in the crunch, when it counted, Toronto was annihilated.

I'm old, and I like defense too, but I ain't giving this squad shit until they can do it when is counts.
                                I would agree if our opponents had broken 100 every night, that has only happened twice, so to me, that means the defense is doing well. I don't expect them to hold their opponents below 80 (even 90 is a stretch), but the fact that they have held their opponents below 100 4 out of 6 games to me looks like a good sign that they're doing something right.

Comment

Working...
                                X