Is 4-19 so far fetched yet again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    If they continue poor percentage as per Houston game they have no chance of reaching those percentages.
    a team who cant get the ball in the basket won't win? no way.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I think the confidence stems from a blowout over Utah. This thread stayed dormant for 2 days.

Now with the win over Utah, 4-19 is unlikely. They'll have to go 1-15 over the next 16.

However, looking at the schedule, how many games do you consider winnable? I bold the ones I think should be gimmes.

That would leave the Raptors 8-27 before heading in to the cushy part of their schedule. At this point the season is long lost.

So while 4-19 might not happen, I still don't think the .500 is realistic if you are looking at their record after 23 games or 35 games.
      You have the Raps over Charlotte as a gimme, yet in 33 games vs the Bobcats, the Raps are 17-16. The Bobcats have been historically inept against the entire NBA yet have always seemed to hold their own against the Raps. At this point, no games are gimmes for this team.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
        You have the Raps over Charlotte as a gimme, yet in 33 games vs the Bobcats, the Raps are 17-16. The Bobcats have been historically inept against the entire NBA yet have always seemed to hold their own against the Raps. At this point, no games are gimmes for this team.
        That's because the Raptors have been historically inept against the entire NBA.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          That's because the Raptors have been historically inept against the entire NBA.
          lol also true. So maybe there are no gimmes for this team until further notice?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

lol also true. So maybe there are no gimmes for this team until further notice?
            All the gimmes for the Raps will be obvious once the games have been played, and not before.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
              All the gimmes for the Raps will be obvious once the games have been played, and not before.
              Bad teams get up to play Toronto because they think they have a shot to actually win.

It is the same with Charlotte, Sacramento, etc.

I think the problem Toronto runs in to is they have not thought of themselves as a bad team and therefore expect a gimme versus a bottom feeder. They aren't good enough to have a gimme any night.... well except maybe versus Utah lol. Although I expect the rematch with Utah will be met with a team looking for redemption.

Comment

...I expect the rematch with Utah will be met with a team looking for redemption.
                And THAT game will be interesting to watch to see how TO reacts.

Comment

Bad teams get up to play Toronto because they think they have a shot to actually win.

I think the problem Toronto runs in to is they have not thought of themselves as a bad team and therefore expect a gimme versus a bottom feeder. They aren't good enough to have a gimme any night.... well except maybe versus Utah lol. Although I expect the rematch with Utah will be met with a team looking for redemption.
                  We play Utah again on Feb 3rd. Trey Burke should be back and healthy for Utah, so no more JL3 sightings at PG. Utah with Burke and Haywood have 2 players to run the offence and with Favors and Kanter on the blocks, the size to battle for boards and score through the post. Utah will win the next game, regardless of whether the Raps have sold off everything or not. Utah has a bright future with a good pick coming in (Glenn Robinson 3 would fit nicely on that team) and a young talented nucleus.

Comment

We play Utah again on Feb 3rd. Trey Burke should be back and healthy for Utah, so no more JL3 sightings at PG. Utah with Burke and Haywood have 2 players to run the offence and with Favors and Kanter on the blocks, the size to battle for boards and score through the post. Utah will win the next game, regardless of whether the Raps have sold off everything or not. Utah has a bright future with a good pick coming in (Glenn Robinson 3 would fit nicely on that team) and a young talented nucleus.
                    Like most teams, they are going to need a legit all-star to make the next jump.

They have good pieces but they don't appear to have that elite talent - yet.

I think Parker would be awesome in Utah.

Comment

Like most teams, they are going to need a legit all-star to make the next jump.

They have good pieces but they don't appear to have that elite talent - yet.

I think Parker would be awesome in Utah.
                      Exactly. They have young players at every position, but with their PG out for a long stretch, are basically guaranteed a good pick. Burke, Burks, Haywood, Favors, Kanter is pretty good as-is, but add in a top 8 2014 draft pick to be the "star" and they are in a really nice place. If Wiggins lands there (they are still winless), watch-out. 2-3 years they'd be legit contenders.

Comment

Utah was on the tail end of a long road trip. Most fans know not to read too much into that gamebased on what we have seen in most other games.

Comment

Utah was on the tail end of a long road trip. Most fans know not to read too much into that gamebased on what we have seen in most other games.
                          True but they then returned home and lost to Denver (2nd worst team in league it appears) by 19 after being up 1 at half.

They are baaaaaad.

Comment

True but they then returned home and lost to Denver (2nd worst team in league it appears) by 19 after being up 1 at half.

They are baaaaaad.
                            They are bad. But just because we trounced them does not mean we are good.

Comment

They are baaaaaad.
                              We're bad. We're just not baaaaaad.

Comment

C'mon. Who you talking to?

I know we're bad.

#BlowItUpAlreadyMasai

Comment

Working...
                                X