Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's the best Center in the game right now??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tucas wrote: View Post
    Drummond is a big body that can throw the ball down hard. No talent. Cousins can post up and is adding a face up game to his offense. Thats somethig yyou will never see from Drummond
    He can't shoot; doesn't mean he doesn't have talent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVDtx1NtwvY
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Drummond can't shoot, and so he doesn't. He's taken 2 shots outside the key all year. Cousins will probably never catch up to Spencer Hawes 3pt shooting. Does that mean DC has "no talent" bc he's missing something that another player at his position has added "to his offense"?? Cousins does excel at missing shots though, but I'm not sure haw Drummond would be better if he added a similar "skill".

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        He can't shoot; doesn't mean he doesn't have talent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVDtx1NtwvY
        I was talking about offense. I have nothing against his defence.

Comment

MrBlack wrote: View Post
          Drummond can't shoot, and so he doesn't. He's taken 2 shots outside the key all year. Cousins will probably never catch up to Spencer Hawes 3pt shooting. Does that mean DC has "no talent" bc he's missing something that another player at his position has added "to his offense"?? Cousins does excel at missing shots though, but I'm not sure haw Drummond would be better if he added a similar "skill".
          Hawes will never be able to post up as well as Cousins does. They have different games but both involve talent. Jumping high with the ball 1 foot from the basket and dunking it does not involve talent. Just a big body on offense. Very Ben Wallace-esque.

Comment

I'm gonna go with Hibbert, if we leave A. Davis out of the equation. I like Hibbert's game, and having the best rim protector in the league is a huge asset.

Comment

Problem with Cousins is he's a headcase. He's a guy that has all the talent in the world to be a top 5 player in the game. He's that good. But his character is a major issue. He needs to mature plain and simple.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Problem with Cousins is he's a headcase. He's a guy that has all the talent in the world to be a top 5 player in the game. He's that good. But his character is a major issue. He needs to mature plain and simple.
                Agree with all the above.

Comment

I was talking about offense. I have nothing against his defence.
                  In that clip he showed that at the very least, he can handle the ball, and he has good feetwork. I'd say 90% of NBA centres, trying to do what he did on the break, A) lose the ball dribbling five times over, and B) if they somehow manage to get down the court, travel when they make their move.

Does this make up for the fact that he shoots 30% from the line?

No.
                  Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Dec 3, 2013, 07:21 PM.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    I'm gonna go with Hibbert, if we leave A. Davis out of the equation. I like Hibbert's game, and having the best rim protector in the league is a huge asset.
                    We shouldn't leave Davis out of the equation though.

I'll say Davis. Then Hibbert or Dwight so far.

But the field is very open. If you ask to predict who will look the best at the end of the season, there are at least 9 centers where I would think "Ok, I could see that happening."

Comment

Davis is a PF.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

10 pts and 18 rbs in 23 mins for Drummond tonight against the Heat. And oh the Pistons won. 107-97.

He's a beast.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Davis is a PF.
                          He's both. Although I guess Ryan Anderson injury made him spend more time at PF early this season.

Comment

24 and 19 for Drummond tonight.

Absolute monster.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

If it doesn't involve talent to score at the rim like Drummond, then shouldn't all "big bodies" be really good at it? You might be giving cousins some degree of difficulty bonus points bc he posts up, or takes (and very frequently misses) outside shots, but his baskets still count for 2 points just like Drummond's.

Comment

Drummond is a big body that can throw the ball down hard. No talent. Cousins can post up and is adding a face up game to his offense. Thats somethig yyou will never see from Drummond
                                Shaq was a big body too that can throw the ball down hard. And oh he can't shoot. I guess he has no talent too.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X