Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 118

Thread: Stop that tankin sh*t mentality

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Most civil anti-tank thread I've seen!! The only way in my opinion is to create a short term winning team with the cap situation the Raptors are in and the players they currently have is to start trading draft picks.

    Would anti-tankers be willing to trade draft picks from 2014/2015/2016 (assuming they don't violate the Stepien Rule) to get in better talent to help create a winning team sooner than later? If not then what would you like to see MU do? Is organic growth enough?

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I'm on this forum because I want to share my opinion with other real Raptors fans and because I like to see the point of view of other real Raptors fans. Delete this thread if you want but I just wanted to say that I'm really getting tired of always reading these same pessimist things, about tanking, about Casey sucks, DeMar sucks, Rudy sucks, AB sucked then in NY he's good (plus he's not, at all) etc.

    Let's put this all together: THIS TEAM IS NOT TANKING, I CAN TELL YOU THIS.

    Sincerely,

    from a real Raptors fan, who, just like any other true sport fan, would like his team to win.
    Don't take this personally, but this is merely a rant thread. You're entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else's. If they think the Raptors should tank then let think thing that. If you think the Raptors shouldn't tank then that's your opinion and you can think that. It's just completely stupid of you to imply that people who think the Raptors should tank are not true Raptors fans. That's not fair to them. They have their own opinions to how the Raptors should improve themselves. It's immature to belittle others just because we have a different opinion than you. In the end, we are all Raptors fans regardless of how we want the Raptors get better and we should support each other and the team. Not speak poorly of each other just because we have different opinions on them...

  3. Like Eric Akshinthala liked this post
  4. #63
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    180
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We all have our view on what the best 'plan' is for turning the team into a consistent playoff contender. The question is more, what plan yields the best chance of truly contending for a championship.

  5. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Don't take this personally, but this is merely a rant thread. You're entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else's. If they think the Raptors should tank then let think thing that. If you think the Raptors shouldn't tank then that's your opinion and you can think that. It's just completely stupid of you to imply that people who think the Raptors should tank are not true Raptors fans. That's not fair to them. They have their own opinions to how the Raptors should improve themselves. It's immature to belittle others just because we have a different opinion than you. In the end, we are all Raptors fans regardless of how we want the Raptors get better and we should support each other and the team. Not speak poorly of each other just because we have different opinions on them...
    If you would have read other posts than the first one at the top of the first page, you would have seen that I apologized for my words. I didn't expressed myself the good way and I respect people who think Raps should tank. But to me tanking is sort of negative and that's why I said I was tired of all the negative on the forum. If you read all the posts you would also see that you are the only one who answered me by saying I was stupid and immature. But I understand what you mean, I said I liked to know the opinion of others, so in the end I have to respect them.

  6. Like Eric Akshinthala, mcHAPPY liked this post
  7. #65
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    If you would have read other posts than the first one at the top of the first page, you would have seen that I apologized for my words. I didn't expressed myself the good way and I respect people who think Raps should tank. But to me tanking is sort of negative and that's why I said I was tired of all the negative on the forum. If you read all the posts you would also see that you are the only one who answered me by saying I was stupid and immature. But I understand what you mean, I said I liked to know the opinion of others, so in the end I have to respect them.
    I think it is obvious Blacklash2k4 didn't read the other posts.

    I give you a virtual fist pound for taking the high road there.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  8. #66
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Not even close. Casey is just a bad coach; he's not particularly good at developing young players (if anything he tends to favour experienced players with play time). Casey is a terrible coach for rebuilding because he gives you no benefits other than losing a lot of games and improving your draft pick. Better to have another coach who will give rookies lots of burn and really spend the time working to better their game. You'll still lose a lot of games, but you'll come out ahead in the long run.

    Seriously, there is more to rebuilding than just getting a high draft pick, and we've been saying that all along.
    Actually I'm leaning towards anti-tank and my comment was more tongue in cheek. Personally I want the best possible coach here (SVG, please - whatever it takes) and cannot stand Casey. But if the primary objective is to acquire an elite player (so says people like Tim W. & Matt), then the priority has to be getting that high pick. However, bringing in a gifted coach in your tank year, you do run the risk of him taking a team of youngsters and veteran castoffs and seriously overachieving. You can almost see that possibility happening in Orlando, Phoenix, Boston and Philly who were consensus preseason tank favorites. All of them changed their coaches and now some of them might end up out of the top 5 picks, which most people felt was the intention. But the positive is they may have installed the Indiana like winning culture of developing talent. Or it could be a mirage and they end up back on the treadmill. Will be interesting to look back years from now and see how it all played out.

  9. #67
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    the ball movement hasn't gotten any better over the stretch of 7 games so far. the only game where it deviated to a higher stat was vs utah. other than that, we're actually worse than utah in terms of average assists per game, a team that hasn't even won once yet.
    Haha, props for the original avatar. Nicely done!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  10. #68
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    I find myself getting less depressed when things like Gay chucking up a contested 20 foot jumper happen. Why? That's just one step closer to Wiggins. This team is awful to watch if you're hoping for wins, but if you're rooting for ping-pong balls it's incredible. I mean we literally play basketball in all the wrong ways (right ways if you're trying to get a high pick): tons of mid-range shots, don't feed the post, don't move the ball, hold the wrong players (*cough* Val, *cough* Ross) accountable for bad plays, etc.

    It's artistry at its finest.

    Maybe Masai hasn't traded Gay/Lowry because he's worried that if he trades them for actually smart, young players, the team might win more...
    Man, how true it is.

    Here's the scouting report on defending the Raptors: "Don't do anything. Just sit back and watch them shoot themselves out of a game. Oh, and Jonas is not a threat in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarters"
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  11. Like Masai Ujiri, mcHAPPY liked this post
  12. #69
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Most civil anti-tank thread I've seen!! The only way in my opinion is to create a short term winning team with the cap situation the Raptors are in and the players they currently have is to start trading draft picks.

    Would anti-tankers be willing to trade draft picks from 2014/2015/2016 (assuming they don't violate the Stepien Rule) to get in better talent to help create a winning team sooner than later? If not then what would you like to see MU do? Is organic growth enough?
    Bahahahah! Avatars keep getting better and better!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #70
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ahhhh .....I'm surrounded by Tanks!! LOL

    I saw a poll on RR that showed about 75 percent of posters think we should tank....Honestly, i'm not even surprised. I think its more frustration than logic. Shiiiit.... I'm frustrated too! Whatever happens happens

    In Masai we trust!

  14. #71
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Ahhhh .....I'm surrounded by Tanks!! LOL

    I saw a poll on RR that showed about 75 percent of posters think we should tank....Honestly, i'm not even surprised. I think its more frustration than logic. Shiiiit.... I'm frustrated too! Whatever happens happens

    In Masai we trust!

  15. #72
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Ahhhh .....I'm surrounded by Tanks!! LOL

    I saw a poll on RR that showed about 75 percent of posters think we should tank....Honestly, i'm not even surprised. I think its more frustration than logic. Shiiiit.... I'm frustrated too! Whatever happens happens

    In Masai we trust!
    Frankly, I don't see the logic of sticking with the current group. We're consistently bombarded with evidence of this team not being a threat in the Eastern Conference.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. Like isaacthompson, Fully liked this post
  17. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Frankly, I don't see the logic of sticking with the current group. We're consistently bombarded with evidence of this team not being a threat in the Eastern Conference.
    If there was a "consolation" bracket for non-playoff teams, I'm not convinced the Raptors would win. Sure, they'd win a round or two, but would they even reach the finals of the lottery teams?
    Last edited by Axel; Tue Nov 12th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

  18. #74
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    If there was a "consolation" bracket for non-playoff teams, I'm not convinced the Raptors would win. Sure, they'd win a round of two, but would they even reach the finals of the lottery teams?
    A grueling 7-game series vs. the Pelicans for the title of 17th best team in the NBA, would be friggin' epic!!!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  19. Like Edgar, Axel liked this post
  20. #75
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Frankly, I don't see the logic of sticking with the current group. We're consistently bombarded with evidence of this team not being a threat in the Eastern Conference.
    I still think its too early to write this group off...However, i'm not advocating extending Rudy and Kyle either.....Still on a wait and see. I'd be fine if we trade Rudy and/or Kyle (both could leave at the end of the season anyways). I was one of the few that argued against them coming here in the first place.

  21. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    A grueling 7-game series vs. the Pelicans for the title of 17th best team in the NBA, would be friggin' epic!!!
    Maybe we can petition the league to add this. It might be the fastest way for the Raps to actually make the play-offs.

  22. #77
    Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Maybe we can petition the league to add this. It might be the fastest way for the Raps to actually make the play-offs.
    I have a better idea, use this to determine the draft order for the first 14 picks.

  23. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,460
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    I have a better idea, use this to determine the draft order for the first 14 picks.
    How would that make any sense? The team that "wins" would get the number 1 pick? Then the truely worst teams are forever stuck without much hope. Otherwise, you'd just have teams openly tanking games to lose to get the pick, which would be more obvious than it is now.

  24. #79
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    I have a better idea, use this to determine the draft order for the first 14 picks.
    That doesn't help the truly terrible teams get better, which is the purpose of the current draft process.

    EDIT: Axel beat me to it.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  25. #80
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did anyone here know that we're actually the 6th youngest team in the entire NBA? Sorry this link is the only one i could find without doing an extensive search.....

    http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •