Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Game #8: Toronto Raptors 104 - Houston Rockets 110 (F/OT2)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy getting absolutely hammered with the mockery on Twitter right now. Nobody is going to remember the Raptors' decent defense from this game. It's all going to be about "Brick City."

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing and i said this before. I really question Gay and DeRozan's basketball IQ. The shots that they take are just ridiculous. For instance:

86-84 Rockets up by two. Chance for the Raps to tie the game. DeRozan took a long contested 2 - Missed.

Tied at 86. Chance for the Raps to take the lead. Gay took a tough long fadeaway shot - Missed.

20+ secs to go. Chance for the Raps to take the lead and win the game. Gay took a long 2 in front of Terrence Jones - Missed.

Like what the fuck are these guys doing??
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

3. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather Terrence Ross have the ball in crunch time. At least he finds a way to slither his way to the basket, dude played the best defense i've seen a raptor wing player play all season. Start that man till Demar gets his shit together

5. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, here's the philosophical question. Does it matter more that Gay missed 26 shots (gulp!) or that he made a contested three with his team down three and 1 second left on the clock? You can count the number of Raptors who have made a shot like that in team history on your hands. I know the easy answer is that if he made two of the other shots, the last one wouldn't be needed, but you know it's not as easy as that.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Another thing and i said this before. I really question Gay and DeRozan's basketball IQ. The shots that they take are just ridiculous. For instance:

86-84 Rockets up by two. Chance for the Raps to tie the game. DeRozan took a long contested 2 - Missed.

Tied at 86. Chance for the Raps to take the lead. Gay took a tough long fadeaway shot - Missed.

20+ secs to go. Chance for the Raps to take the lead and win the game. Gay took a long 2 in front of Terrence Jones - Missed.

Like what the fuck are these guys doing??
    Yea it is CLEAR their bball IQ is HORRENDOUS. It's next level bad. You CANNOT have two guys on the team take such bad shots. One of them HAVE to go for sure. It is just not in their nature to pass the ball. The real reason for their bad shooting percentages is the type of shots they take. If they were just missing shots I could live with that but that's not the case at all. Maybe they are more the problem than Casey. If Casey is telling them to move the ball and take better shots and they aren't doing it their is only so much he can do.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I'm curious as to what Masai is thinking while watching this game.
    I have no f'n idea but I would love to know. So many intertwined variables

Post Thanks / Like

This team really reminds me a lot of the Kevin O'Neill Raps team. Just give the ball to Vince and get out of the way. Problem here is, Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan are no Vince Carter. Not even close.

The fact that Casey is allowing these 2 to just chuck shots after shots is embarassing. Where's the accountability?

I feel like, Gay and DD are just padding up their stats sheet.

10. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

This team really reminds me a lot of the Kevin O'Neill Raps team. Just give the ball to Vince and get out of the way. Problem here is, Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan are no Vince Carter. Not even close.

The fact that Casey is allowing these 2 to just chuck shots after shots is embarassing. Where's the accountability?

I feel like, Gay and DD are just padding up their stats sheet.
    But I think in this day and age people aren't dumb anymore. No one is falling for the whole he scored 29 points when he shot 29%. Advanced stats have taken over and Rudy and Demar look horrible in that. If we get anything decent for these two guys I would be SHOCKED. Casey is a horrendous coach. He clearly doesn't want to save his job because if he did he would stop what Rudy and Demar are doing right away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I have no f'n idea but I would love to know. So many intertwined variables
    "How am I going to trade these idiots?"

Post Thanks / Like

As usual, our game offense is about who chucks more bricks by the end of the night between our two wings.

I don't really care which one gets traded, I hope they are both shipped out of Toronto soon, but Derozan has much more of a trade value than Gay.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, this game also shows how bad the Rockets are. They're overrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway, this game also shows how bad the Rockets are. They're overrated.
    eh i don't really agree with that, i think they're still integrating Howard. i think they're a player away from being elite.

Howard's a total ditz but production is production and having a guy like him finishing around the rim is going to be huge, especially in the playoffs.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

anyways, how great was Ross' D tonight?

Ross, JV and Amir were the only players worth their salt tonight, and coincidentally the 3 guys you could build the team with. Ross and Amir as important roll players, and JV a cornerstone.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    anyways, how great was Ross' D tonight?

Ross, JV and Amir were the only players worth their salt tonight, and coincidentally the 3 guys you could build the team with. Ross and Amir as important roll players, and JV a cornerstone.
    I'd love for Ross to be in the starting lineup. If he keeps up this level of play (and hustle!!!!) he could be great for us.

Post Thanks / Like

One last thing. Everyone's talking about the Raps needing a backup PG. They already have one, problem is, he's also their starting PG.

Starting PG - One of the MAIN area they need to address going into next season.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

One last thing. Everyone's talking about the Raps needing a backup PG. They already have one, problem is, he's also their starting PG.

Starting PG - One of the MAIN area they need to address going into next season.
    how can you say something like that when lowry single handedly kept us in this game. s m h.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with raps is they keep building unconventional teams. We have a center take Rudy take demar take Amir and who ever else and go get a power forward. Dominate the paint , get a big point guard that can play d pass the rock to the bigs and hit the 3 billups, mark Jackson , fisher type players. Ross plays go enough d that u can make him into a role player on the wing same with fields. This team needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. I am tried of watching tunnel vision here in toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    how can you say something like that when lowry single handedly kept us in this game. s m h.
    Lowry singlehandedly kept the Raps in this game? huh?

What kept the Raps in this game was their DEFENSE.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry singlehandedly kept the Raps in this game? huh?

What kept the Raps in this game was their DEFENSE.
    The fact that we played them close despite shooting only 33% (to Houston 44%) is amazing. As a result we were outrebounded (defensive board) by 31-46. Our bad shooting reflected in low number of assists 10-21. Now how did we stay in the game?

We did better on the offensive board, but that is only normal because we had much more opportunities 76-47. We also did well in turnover department 13-23.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wish Terrence Ross wasn't stuck behind both these two brick layers. Gay is terrible, DeRozan may be slightly more tolerable if Gay wasn't around, but combined with Gay it's just a brick and iso factory, especially with the offense the Raptors are playing, so ugly to watch.
    UGH!!!

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information