Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #8: Toronto Raptors 104 - Houston Rockets 110 (F/OT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy getting absolutely hammered with the mockery on Twitter right now. Nobody is going to remember the Raptors' decent defense from this game. It's all going to be about "Brick City."

Comment

• Another thing and i said this before. I really question Gay and DeRozan's basketball IQ. The shots that they take are just ridiculous. For instance:

86-84 Rockets up by two. Chance for the Raps to tie the game. DeRozan took a long contested 2 - Missed.

Tied at 86. Chance for the Raps to take the lead. Gay took a tough long fadeaway shot - Missed.

20+ secs to go. Chance for the Raps to take the lead and win the game. Gay took a long 2 in front of Terrence Jones - Missed.

Like what the fuck are these guys doing??
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'd rather Terrence Ross have the ball in crunch time. At least he finds a way to slither his way to the basket, dude played the best defense i've seen a raptor wing player play all season. Start that man till Demar gets his shit together

Comment

• So, here's the philosophical question. Does it matter more that Gay missed 26 shots (gulp!) or that he made a contested three with his team down three and 1 second left on the clock? You can count the number of Raptors who have made a shot like that in team history on your hands. I know the easy answer is that if he made two of the other shots, the last one wouldn't be needed, but you know it's not as easy as that.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Another thing and i said this before. I really question Gay and DeRozan's basketball IQ. The shots that they take are just ridiculous. For instance:

86-84 Rockets up by two. Chance for the Raps to tie the game. DeRozan took a long contested 2 - Missed.

Tied at 86. Chance for the Raps to take the lead. Gay took a tough long fadeaway shot - Missed.

20+ secs to go. Chance for the Raps to take the lead and win the game. Gay took a long 2 in front of Terrence Jones - Missed.

Like what the fuck are these guys doing??
            Yea it is CLEAR their bball IQ is HORRENDOUS. It's next level bad. You CANNOT have two guys on the team take such bad shots. One of them HAVE to go for sure. It is just not in their nature to pass the ball. The real reason for their bad shooting percentages is the type of shots they take. If they were just missing shots I could live with that but that's not the case at all. Maybe they are more the problem than Casey. If Casey is telling them to move the ball and take better shots and they aren't doing it their is only so much he can do.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
              I'm curious as to what Masai is thinking while watching this game.
              I have no f'n idea but I would love to know. So many intertwined variables

Comment

• This team really reminds me a lot of the Kevin O'Neill Raps team. Just give the ball to Vince and get out of the way. Problem here is, Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan are no Vince Carter. Not even close.

The fact that Casey is allowing these 2 to just chuck shots after shots is embarassing. Where's the accountability?

I feel like, Gay and DD are just padding up their stats sheet.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

This team really reminds me a lot of the Kevin O'Neill Raps team. Just give the ball to Vince and get out of the way. Problem here is, Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan are no Vince Carter. Not even close.

The fact that Casey is allowing these 2 to just chuck shots after shots is embarassing. Where's the accountability?

I feel like, Gay and DD are just padding up their stats sheet.
                  But I think in this day and age people aren't dumb anymore. No one is falling for the whole he scored 29 points when he shot 29%. Advanced stats have taken over and Rudy and Demar look horrible in that. If we get anything decent for these two guys I would be SHOCKED. Casey is a horrendous coach. He clearly doesn't want to save his job because if he did he would stop what Rudy and Demar are doing right away.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I have no f'n idea but I would love to know. So many intertwined variables
                    "How am I going to trade these idiots?"
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• As usual, our game offense is about who chucks more bricks by the end of the night between our two wings.

I don't really care which one gets traded, I hope they are both shipped out of Toronto soon, but Derozan has much more of a trade value than Gay.

Comment

• Anyway, this game also shows how bad the Rockets are. They're overrated.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Anyway, this game also shows how bad the Rockets are. They're overrated.
                          eh i don't really agree with that, i think they're still integrating Howard. i think they're a player away from being elite.

Howard's a total ditz but production is production and having a guy like him finishing around the rim is going to be huge, especially in the playoffs.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• anyways, how great was Ross' D tonight?

Ross, JV and Amir were the only players worth their salt tonight, and coincidentally the 3 guys you could build the team with. Ross and Amir as important roll players, and JV a cornerstone.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              anyways, how great was Ross' D tonight?

Ross, JV and Amir were the only players worth their salt tonight, and coincidentally the 3 guys you could build the team with. Ross and Amir as important roll players, and JV a cornerstone.
                              I'd love for Ross to be in the starting lineup. If he keeps up this level of play (and hustle!!!!) he could be great for us.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• One last thing. Everyone's talking about the Raps needing a backup PG. They already have one, problem is, he's also their starting PG.

Starting PG - One of the MAIN area they need to address going into next season.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X