Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Game #8: Toronto Raptors 104 - Houston Rockets 110 (F/OT2)

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    anyways, how great was Ross' D tonight?

Ross, JV and Amir were the only players worth their salt tonight, and coincidentally the 3 guys you could build the team with. Ross and Amir as important roll players, and JV a cornerstone.
    I'd add Fields to that list, that guy is a smart player.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone can relax!

If it can happen to Jordan, it can happen to Rudy!

Who am I kidding? Awful.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone check Jamal Crawfords beyond half court bomb?

Clips won by 2.

Good thing he wasn't worried about his own stats.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

4. Like Axel, KazanTheMan, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

On the sunny side of life, it was nice to read the review from the Houston side and see that they were a bit perplexed as to why the rockets couldn't foul with six seconds left when they were up by three. Normally that's our job.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    The problem with raps is they keep building unconventional teams. We have a center take Rudy take demar take Amir and who ever else and go get a power forward. Dominate the paint , get a big point guard that can play d pass the rock to the bigs and hit the 3 billups, mark Jackson , fisher type players. Ross plays go enough d that u can make him into a role player on the wing same with fields. This team needs to be destroyed and rebuilt. I am tried of watching tunnel vision here in toronto.
    I've been saying this since we got JV and passed up on Drummond for Ross. We need to create an area of the game where we can dominate every single game. With JV already here we just need an upgrade at power forward in order for that to happen.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That was far and away the most pathetic shooting display I have ever seen.....on any level (which includes the kindergarteners balling on a 2-foot Playskool Nerf net on my street).

So many "WTF are you thinking moments???", my head just might explode.

For all the talk of discipline and accountability on the defensive end, what about the other end? Why isn't there any punishment for poor shots? Why don't the coaching staff understand that each heavily-defended long two is just as harmful as a turnover? How does a player reach 15+ misses on the night, and still continue to take low-percentage shots....in a tight game no less?

I can't wait for the next gen of interactive smart TVs which allow me to stick my leg through the screen and shove my foot so far up Casey, DeMar and Rudy's ass, that the water in my knee will quench their thirst.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

8. Like KeonClark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    For all the talk of discipline and accountability on the defensive end, what about the other end? Why isn't there any punishment for poor shots? Why don't the coaching staff understand that each heavily-defended long two is just as harmful as a turnover? How does a player reach 15+ misses on the night, and still continue to take low-percentage shots....in a tight game no less?
    And don't think the other players don't notice this, too. It's so typical of the way this team has played for years now with most every guy looking out for himself first and foremost. What is so frustrating to me is that Gay and Derozan only pass as the last option and, even then, it's done grudgingly. It's also why no one else wants to pass the ball, you will never see it again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    I wonder how the ball game would have played out had T-Ross and Laundry Folds gotten the Gay/Derozan minutes instead of the latter?
    We probably would've pulled away in regulation
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

that doesnt support the tank

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by rocwell; Tue Nov 12th, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

13. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

The saddest part is a feeling of indifference that has come over me when seeing yet another milestone of futility recorded by the Raptors.

Honestly, I don't even bat an eye anymore.

15. Like ceez, Fully, CalgaryRapsFan, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its also sad that pretty much any other team would have easily beat the rockets in that game, even utah. houston were incredibly sloppy all over the place and somehow still managed to win over the raptors. just embarrassing. fun game to watch near the end, but still horribly embarrassing.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

haha, Gay attempted more shots than Howard and Harden combined (and yet hit less than them combined). Basketball is often simple, the team with the best player usually wins. We simply don't have a very good "best" player right now.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    And don't think the other players don't notice this, too. It's so typical of the way this team has played for years now with most every guy looking out for himself first and foremost. What is so frustrating to me is that Gay and Derozan only pass as the last option and, even then, it's done grudgingly. It's also why no one else wants to pass the ball, you will never see it again...
    Bolded is why DD and Gay need to go asap...they are creating a negative learning environment from which our young players are learning. It happened with DD learning from Bargnani.

If the roster rebuild is to be successful we need to have an extremely strong personality that the other players will follow. I think JV is up to this because he plays the right way, even if we still lose, if we play hard every night and play as a team, then by adding talent into that system, the talent will learn how to be a pro, rather than get theirs...like the Raps are perpetually stuck in

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that's really irking me right now... Quincy Acy's block on Howard wasn't uploaded as one of the top plays on NBA's channel.

20. Like Beagle, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar's post game comment.

"It sucks that we're missing a lot of easy shots but we're going to continue to fight it out no matter what. We could be out there playing with a bowling ball and we're (still) going to continue to shoot it."

WOW.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    DeMar's post game comment.

"It sucks that we're missing a lot of easy shots but we're going to continue to fight it out no matter what. We could be out there playing with a bowling ball and we're (still) going to continue to shoot it."

WOW.
    He's probably just echoing what's been said by the coaches too. That's the scary part.

What is it that they say about doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results???

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He's probably just echoing what's been said by the coaches too. That's the scary part.

What is it that they say about doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results???
    Insanity. Combined with Linsanity = Loss in Houston

24. Like OldSkoolCool, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

... Is he pro? I just can't process it.....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Video seems to be missing the made 3 at the end of OT?

But wow, that's depressing to watch... glad I missed the first 45 minutes of this one. So many open teammates ignored. So many times he gets the ball in reasonable shooting position, and takes a couple dribbles, waits till the defender gets up on him, and then tries a much more difficult shot than he originally had.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information