Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Teams that might have an interest in Gay?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Fun and true: I visited a couple Grizz forums and they're floating the idea of Steve Novak for Ed Davis.

I want to use mind-rays to make that trade happen RIGHT NOW.
    Would love to get Ed Davis back...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MKG broke his hand.

Charlotte already thin on wing.

Charlotte currently 8th seed.

Hmmmmmmmm
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    MKG broke his hand.

Hmmmmmmmm
    First of all i dont think Chaelotte would have any intrest in gay. Secondly even if they do what are you looking for in return from them

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    MKG broke his hand.

Hmmmmmmmm
    MKG would have been a nice piece of the return though. Guess Charlotte will just have to use picks instead

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even sure anyone in the RR 3-on-3 tourney would take Gay....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The MKG injury has brought a slight glimmer of hope that a deal might be possible with the Bobcats.

Maybe something like MKG/Gordon/Haywood + the lowest of their three first rounders for Lowry & Gay?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    First of all i dont think Chaelotte would have any intrest in gay. Secondly even if they do what are you looking for in return from them
    Expiring contract, prospects and picks.

Expiring contract = Ben Gordon
    Prospect = Biyombo, MKG or Zeller
    Draft Picks = Portland's or Detroit's first round pick (would rather have Detroit's for obvious reasons)

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gay is brutal. He is a black hole. Each game now I just pray he is on the bench longer and longer and when he comes in I pray we can still do enough IN SPITE of him and his misses and turnovers to keep up. Like literally I'm just hoping the ball doesn't reach him enough to screw us completely. How sad is that.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, at this point I would take Ben Gordon and any one of MKG, the Portland pick, the Detroit pick or Biyombo and a second-rounder for Rudy. His trade value is negligible now; Masai will have to create a bidding war out of basically nowhere to get anything better than just expirings, and while I think Masai is good I don't know if he's THAT good.

Post Thanks / Like

Related to MKG, what's up with the broken hand trend? MKG, Reddick, Davis, Pierce... I hope MU is somewhere reading tea leaves and gazing into his crystal ball, waiting for unexpected opportunities to present themselves for the Raptors assets as the season rolls on...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd do Gordon/a good prospect/Portland first, or Gordon/lesser prospect/Detroit first. That's keeping in mind that their 'good' prospects are Zeller and Biyombo, and their bad prospects are Taylor and Adrien. That's assuming MKG is off the table. If they were willing to part with MKG, I wouldn't even need a first, I'd be fine with a 2nd-rounder.

12. Like torch19 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Related to MKG, what's up with the broken hand trend? MKG, Reddick, Davis, Pierce... I hope MU is somewhere reading tea leaves and gazing into his crystal ball, waiting for unexpected opportunities to present themselves for the Raptors assets as the season rolls on...
    I was thinking the same thing this morning (re: hand injuries). It seemed like a relatively uncommon basketball injury up until now, but then multiple bigger name guys all go down within a week with a broken mitt.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    I was thinking the same thing this morning (re: hand injuries). It seemed like a relatively uncommon basketball injury up until now, but then multiple bigger name guys all go down within a week with a broken mitt.
    This is the year of the hand.

Last year was the year of the ACL.

Crazy.

I'm sure Love would argue he was the pioneer of the hand injury. He was doing it when no one thought it was cool. Then Boozer would step up and say, "O-H-B*, yeah you know me."

*Original Hand Breaker
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

15. Like octothorp, rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fully wrote: View Post
    JV 2013 (or was it still 2012?)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Deng might be a more efficient player, but Gay might actually be a better fit. Jimmy Butler can defend the other team's best wing (which used to be Deng's job), Gay gives Chicago another scorer which is what they need more than a catch and shoot guy like Deng.
    I'd rather have Deng (so would Thibs) BUT:
    The only way (IMO) this might work is if we expend the deal:
    Deng and Boozer (whom Bulls GM desperately wants to unload, BUT do not want to amnesty) for Rudy, Kyle (someone Bulls could desperately use now that Rose is out) and perhaps Amir. To balance it (our way) -EITHER Mirotic (whom Bulls will likely never sign being over the cap and he is not coming for 2 plus mil per) OR Charlotte first.
    Then we try to resign Deng for 4 yrs and 13-15 mil.
    Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have Deng (so would Thibs) BUT:
    The only way (IMO) this might work is if we expend the deal:
    Deng and Boozer (whom Bulls GM desperately wants to unload, BUT do not want to amnesty) for Rudy, Kyle (someone Bulls could desperately use now that Rose is out) and perhaps Amir. To balance it (our way) -EITHER Mirotic (whom Bulls will likely never sign being over the cap and he is not coming for 2 plus mil per) OR Charlotte first.
    Then we try to resign Deng for 4 yrs and 13-15 mil.
    Thoughts?
    No ways bulls are letting go of deng he can fetch alot more then RUDY shooting star GAY

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    We've done this before, but:

Teams that would potentially be interested in Rudy Gay and conceivably can take him on (players needed to make up money in parentheses):

Cleveland: no true starting SF (Andrew Bynum or Anderson Varajao + Alonzo Gee)
    Charlotte: MKG might not pan out as hoped (Ben Gordon)
    Milwaukee: no true starting SF, Delfino out for the season (Caron Butler + Ekpe Udoh or Carlos Delfino + Ekpe Udoh + pieces)
    Detroit: if they decide to bite the bullet and trade Greg Monroe to move Josh Smith to PF (Charlie Villanueva + Rodney Stuckey)
    Washington: no true starting SF (Nene)
    Houston: badly needs to move out Lin and Asik, could move Rudy or Chandler Parsons to PF (Jeremy Lin + Omer Asik)
    Minnesota: major upgrade at SF, Rudy can actually play some D (Chase Budlinger + spare parts)
    Denver: desperate for scoring (Javale McGee + spare parts)

Teams that have assets Toronto would potentially be interested in:

Cleveland: Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Sergei Karasev, their own 2014 first-rounder, Sacramento's 2014 first-rounder on protected basis, Memphis, Miami and their own 2015 first-rounders, lots more picks

Charlotte: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Portland's 2014 first-rounder (protected), Detroit's 2014 first-rounder (protected), their own pick (although this might be tricky to manage)

Milwaukee: Giannis Antekokounmpo, Brandon Knight, their 2014 first-rounder, some second-round picks

Houston: Lin, Asik, their 2014 first-rounder

Denver: Kenneth Faried, Evan Fournier, the better of theirs and New York's 2014 first-rounders (as the worse is committed to Orlando)

Long story short: some teams we can deal with. Others really have to be part of a three-team deal.
    I will put teams in order of:
    a. Likely-hood of need &
    b. Assets that would appeal to us:

1. Cleveland -Desperate to make playoffs, have assets (Varejao or Bynum -no chance if he plays like the other night plus Bennett or 1 of 1st rounders);

2. Charlotte -Again desperate to make playoffs, have assets (Gordon & an asset -MKG would be nice or Byombo or 1 of 1st rounders);

3. Bulls: Deng HAS to go because they will not resign him (unless it is under 10 mil). Let me explain: Iff bulls amnesty Boozer (no chance IMO, because owner too cheep to cut a cheque for 16 mil), resign Deng for same as this year -14 mil -they will have 62 mil to 8 players. Mirotic at mid-level & 5 guys at 1 mil they would be at around 72 mil. Would that be a championship team? I don't think so (very competitive yes).
    Deal: Deng, Boozer & either their (or Cha) 1st or Mirotic for Gay, Amir & Kyle. IMO more competitive this year & still over the cap next.

4. Detroit -Next 3-4 weeks will decide if they stay the course or decide to move Monroe. Clearly we will not get Monroe plus expiring (Charlie V & Stuckey) for Rudy. What do we add that would keep Detroit happy? T Ross? Demar (maybe too much)?

5. Houston -At the moment appear to be unreasonable (they can dream about getting an unprotected lottery pick for Asik). If the price drops -as you said Asik & Lin. What do we do with them? With Val no need for a 15 mil backup next year (Asik). Asik would probably be easy to flip.

6. Bucks -I don't see it. Lottery written all over. I don't think Durant would help them get in playoffs never mind Gay.

7. Washington. What the hell do we want Nene -injury prone?

8. Denver - McGee might be an interesting project (If anybody knows him, it would be Masai). Faried & small parts -not enough $$ going our way. Galinari?

9. Minnesota -Not enough $$ our way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information