Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teams that might have an interest in Gay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IROR wrote: View Post
    Think Minny is the best fit/has the best pieces to return. They are in "keep K-Love" mode starting now--apparently D Williams and Svhed on the block, and would probably be willing to part with a draft pick.

Derozan might be the more realistic player to go to Minny in this hypothetical...considering salary
    Reportedly they are also after Turner.

Minny has no pick to offer though... not saying Gay would return one but Williams and Svhed don't get me excited moving forward.

Comment

Could we somehow snatch Harrison Barnes off of GS for Gay or DeRozan?

Warriors are using Barnes as a 6th man right now and is not really getting much playing time. Iggy is playing lights out for them playing point forward.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Warriors are using Barnes as a 6th man right now and is not really getting much playing time. Iggy is playing lights out for them playing point forward.
        If you're not playing a $3M Harrison Barnes in your starting lineup, you're sure as shit not playing a $15M Rudy Gay in your starting lineup. (Besides, all the pieces that would have made a Rudy trade work for GSW last year went to Utah to make space for Iggy.)

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I've been critical of Davis, and even I would make that trade without hesitation.
          that solidifies the front court rotation nicely..

JV/Hansborough
          Amir/Davis

anything that completely eliminates Gray from the rosters minutes played and brings less small ball.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Wow, you are the optimist.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I know that Gay is a prime target to trade because of his contract, but I see Derozan as being someone who we can probably get more value for...

The reason is that Derozan will be traded based on being a 2 guard with potential who is averaging close to 20 ppg. His contract is not great, but it's not bad either when you compare it to the rest of the 2 guards in the league.

At the end of the day, Gay is MUCH BETTER and has already proven that he can be useful on a playoff team. Derozan would be no more than a role player on any other team

What I'm saying is...trade them both...but if I had to pick, I would choose Gay in a heartbeat

Comment

I saw this earlier in the thread but I think Houston would be a good partner for a Gay deal. Something like Gay+Novak for Lin+Asik

Then move Lowry to a contender for a future pick.

Asik/Howard does not work. Beverley/Harden run the point anyway. They get another scorer at SF that could expire freeing up some cap space early or at worst would expire when Lin/Asik expire anyway. Novak would be that deadly 3 point threat that works with Howard in the paint.

Asik would hamper JV's development though so I'd prefer to flip him to another team. Perhaps a 3 way that includes Lowry?
                http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ms7wwsf

Milwaukee getting Lowry/Asik (Asik to replace Sanders while he's out)
                Toronto getting Lin/Butler/Ridnour+picks
                Houston getting Gay/Novak

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  Fun and true: I visited a couple Grizz forums and they're floating the idea of Steve Novak for Ed Davis.

I want to use mind-rays to make that trade happen RIGHT NOW.
                  Really thought Novak would have a bigger role. Hasn't happened for some reason.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    Bad back hasn't helped.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      Hasn't he been dealing with back issues since opening day?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I saw this earlier in the thread but I think Houston would be a good partner for a Gay deal. Something like Gay+Novak for Lin+Asik

Then move Lowry to a contender for a future pick.

Asik/Howard does not work. Beverley/Harden run the point anyway. They get another scorer at SF that could expire freeing up some cap space early or at worst would expire when Lin/Asik expire anyway. Novak would be that deadly 3 point threat that works with Howard in the paint.

Asik would hamper JV's development though so I'd prefer to flip him to another team. Perhaps a 3 way that includes Lowry?
                        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ms7wwsf

Milwaukee getting Lowry/Asik (Asik to replace Sanders while he's out)
                        Toronto getting Lin/Butler/Ridnour+picks
                        Houston getting Gay/Novak
                        I like the idea of this 3 team deal. I was thinking Houston makes sense in some ways.

Minor changes to the deal that I would prefer:

-Toronto gets Lin/Butler/....and instead of Ridnour, get Ekpe Udoh from Milwaukee. Think the Raps need a big to backup Jonas more than they need Ridnour.

-For Houston's end, not sure they want Novak that much. I mean, I'm sure they'd like a shooter added to the roster, but I don't see their preference being for a forward, given they would have Gay and Parsons, as well as Motiejunas and Jones to develop. If they still want a shooter, why not send them Ridnour, especially if they're giving up Lin? It means that Houston would have to send another piece out, but it could be any spare part, like Greg Smith or Aaron Brooks.

Comment

so sad that I have yet to see Novak do a "discount Double check" belt after a 3 wearing Toronto uniform....

Comment

If Bennett keeps playing terrible in Cleveland they may decide to cut their losses and make him available.

Bennett, Gee, and Clark for Gay works.

Cleveland doesn't give up any player that gets minutes except Gee, and Gay will eat up all of Gee's minutes and then some. They also don't have to give up any draft picks. I'm fairly certain Gay's presence could push them over the hump and get them into the playoffs, which is clearly their goal this year ($12+M to Bynum!).

Toronto gets back a young Canadian player with tons of potential, and gets significantly worse to aid in the tank job. Basically it's trading Gay for a #1 pick and seems exactly like the clever kind of move Masai could pull.

Comment

Semi-related to the topic at hand, I think Milwaukee is a good suitor for Lowry. Knight isn't ready to handle full on starting duty, and Lowry would be a huge upgrade. They don't owe any of their future picks, and have a plethora of second round picks (including our 2014 2nd rounder).

Something like Lowry for Udoh, our 2014 2nd round pick, and Phoenix's 2015 2nd round pick, both of which should be very early 2nd round draft picks.

Comment

Detroit: Read today that Josh Smith was benched for the second half in last night's game against GSW with 2 points.

Looks like the Raps will have opportunities as the season progresses. All that is needed is that Gay cooperate some by being a teensy bit more efficient.

Comment

Working...
                                X