Kings Waive Hughes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Waive Hughes

SACRAMENTO, CA, February 23, 2010 ---- The Sacramento Kings today waived guard Larry Hughes. Hughes was acquired from the New York Knicks as part of a three-team trade on February 18, 2010, and did not appear in any contests with Sacramento.

The Kings roster now stands at 14.
    NBA.com

A lot of playoff teams are probably going to take a look at this guy once he clears waivers.

I wonder if he could fit in here or if they'd be willing to try him out? I think he'd be a decent addition for the remainder of the season.

Comment

I don't think Hughes would want to come to Toronto.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

JYD18, I think you're right. He wouldn't get a chance to start and he might even have trouble getting consistent minutes. I think a good place for him would be the Utah Jazz. They do not have great depth at the wing and I could see him getting some good minutes there on a good playoff team.

Comment

Last Call

I wouldnt mind picking him up "if" I was getting the Washington Wizards Larry Hughes. But, that was many miles ago. He is 31 but he came in the league as a 19 year old so his body is 35 or 36 (see Tracy McGrady). However, you never know what you can get. He has been sitting so long he might have something to prove and we are going to need a boost come playoff time it wouldnt hurt.

Comment

LOL, "Washington Wizards' Larry Hughes" wouldn't be getting waived.

Comment

He is like the biggest chucker there is.

Comment

Crawford is amoung the biggest chuckers in the league and he's helping Atlanta this season, just saying... There may be a place for a chucker on the right team, just not one with so many good shooters already.

Comment

He used to be a pretty good defender, I haven't seen him play much the last couple years though. He'd be worth a look anyways, in my opinion.

Comment

Hughes wants to be a Bobcat

Hughes would like to sign with the Bobcats. Hughes played in Philadelphia for Bobcats coach Larry Brown and worked with Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins when Higgins was in management roles in Washington and Golden State.

Higgins and Brown both declined comment on Hughes, who would clear waivers late today.

Signing Hughes to a veteran-minimum contract in time to be playoff-eligible would cost the Bobcats about $240,000 the rest of the season, a number that would still keep them below the threshold to pay the NBA's luxury tax. Jordan and Higgins have said the team has no intention of being a tax-paying franchise this season.
                    Charlotte Observer

Comment

Working...
                    X