Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Asik has asked for a trade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Asik has asked for a trade

Sam Amico reports Raptors are HIGHLY interested.

Interesting.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Asik clearly said he wants 30+ mins p/g. How he'll get those minutes here?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

So he would play backup center? The Raptors certainly need one. What would Houston want in return? I am trying to imagine Rudy Gay on this team. It could work.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Say good bye to JV's development if its true.

I still think a 3 way with Milwaukee makes the most sense:

Milwaukee gets Asik/Lowry
    Houston gets Gay/Novak
    Toronto gets Lin/Butler/Udoh (or Ridnour) and picks from Houston and Milwaukee

... this would start the Tank movement.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    So he would play backup center? The Raptors certainly need one. What would Houston want in return? I am trying to imagine Rudy Gay on this team. It could work.
    Asik doesn't want to play backup. Look at the picture (2nd post) and past 5-6 months rumors.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if they'd move JV to PF? He certainly has the athleticism and motor to play it. That'd be a bruising front court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I wonder if they'd move JV to PF? He certainly has the athleticism and motor to play it. That'd be a bruising front court.
    I think the PF is Amir's to lose. JV would get no minutes with a big rotation of Asik/JV/Amir/Tyler. Plus you have Gay when Casey goes small ball. I really like Asik.. just don't like him enough to hamper JV's development.

Raptors Republic Starter peanutwoozle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone post a link to where it says the raps are interested, I can't find anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    Can someone post a link to where it says the raps are interested, I can't find anything.
    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/story/n...43&feedID=3725

Rockets center Omer Asik has requested a trade, according to a report in the Houston Chronicle. Asik played just four minutes in the team's loss to the 76ers on Wednesday. While the Rockets aren't looking to deal Asik at the moment, multiple sources said the Raptors are one team that's already highly interested.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

Houston gets Gay/Novak

Don't know about specific scenario, but this is the likeliest type of reason I can see the Raptors being that interested. Maybe they've already had talks with teams where a C like Asik would help push a deal through.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors are interested because it gives them leverage to get Houston's first-round pick this year, and then they get Asik, who other teams covet because he's a top-tier defensive centre. If we're trading for Asik it's most likely because we're going to immediately flip him to another team, a la Memphis flipping Jose Calderon to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye, which got Memphis the piece they wanted.

I can definitely see Cleveland being VERY interested in Asik. They need defense, and Asik is basically a team's worth of D all by himself when he's on the floor.

12. Like Dino4life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

More important than whether the Raps are interested is what they have to send back that Houston might want. Only way I can see a deal working is if it's a 3-team trade, because all Houston should be looking for is a PF. If they don't just make a trade for Ryan Anderson and be done with it then I dunno what the hell they're thinking.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I don't like the idea of JV at the 4. So overall I'm just not interested in Asik if he doesn't want to be a backup C.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'd want out of Houston too. With one minute to go and a three point lead, Houston's last two possessions have been shot clock violations. Very raptor-esque

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason Asik asked for a trade was because he didn't want to play back up center after breaking out his first season in houston, he kept quiet because they wanted to share the floor with another center but turns out it doesn't work.

How is this interesting for anyone ? Our offensive genius Casey is gonna find a way to make JV and Asik work on the floor together ? We're gonna trust casey who benches JV when the only other center on the team is AAron Gray to not screw up JV's season ?
    Or is he finally that "one" piece we've been missing for 5+ years to get to the next level. Plus Who cares who do we have for center we don't have an inside game anyways. we're gonna pay him 15+ for 1-2-3 to NOT pass him the ball.

He better get flipped right away because if he ever wears a raptors jersey, I'm done after 18 years, i barely survived the Rudy Gay trade this will just kill whatever i have left.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post

Houston gets Gay/Novak

Trust me, this isn't really a tank move. We would actually play a lot better with Butler and Lin. Butler is a vet. He's not gonna jack up poor shots like Rudy gay but will still give you 15ppg. Lin is much better than Lowry at running the offense and the PNR. This would be same as if Calderon was still here. Casey wants a pass-first PG on his team, so Lin would actually make Casey's offense seem somewhat decent. We would have more ball movement rather than iso. More PNR with JV. We would actually be much better. Frankly, I see no point of Houston getting Gay. Why would they want an overpaid inefficient shot jacker when they have Parsons who is on a cheap-ass contract and almost same amount of scoring? Even if everyone agrees, no picks will be involved and they especially won't be coming to us...
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Thu Nov 14th, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how funny would it be if Houston was in fact trading for Rudy Gay just days after he shot 11 for 37 IN HOUSTON

19. Like Blacklash2k4 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    how funny would it be if Houston was in fact trading for Rudy Gay just days after he shot 11 for 37 IN HOUSTON
    I don't really care if he shot 11 of 20. Houston has no incentive to take on Gay's contract. Parsons is a sufficient SF for their team on a dirt-cheap contract. Why waste 15 million worth of cap space on Gay?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Casey wants a pass-first PG on his team, so Lin would actually make Casey's offense seem somewhat decent.
    Let's be clear: Lin is a ball-dominant player. He's a scoring point guard who can also run the offense (unlike Lowry who isn't really comfortable running an offense on his own) but he's a touch-hungry player in a lot of ways. Not a selfish one, but he operates best when he gets a fair number of shots.

He'd improve Toronto's offense but he's not a natural fit with Casey.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I don't really care if he shot 11 of 20. Houston has no incentive to take on Gay's contract. Parsons is a sufficient SF for their team on a dirt-cheap contract. Why waste 15 million worth of cap space on Gay?
    I totally agree, just the thought of it is laughable on houstons part any way you look at it

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information