No announcement yet.

Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't people know yet that they just say the Raptors are interested in ALL available players.
    It gets them an instant 1,000,000 hits.

I can't see why we'd go after Asik.
    Unless they specifically want Novak and Stone for him, I doubt we'll get him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Say good bye to JV's development if its true.

I still think a 3 way with Milwaukee makes the most sense:

Milwaukee gets Asik/Lowry
      Houston gets Gay/Novak
      Toronto gets Lin/Butler/Udoh (or Ridnour) and picks from Houston and Milwaukee

... this would start the Tank movement.
      3 team trade is what I immediately thought of.

Asik is a starting C. A highly desirable commodity in the NBA.

The Raptors could facilitate or take Asik on and flip later.

Comment

If we get Asik doesnt it actually mean

JV//Johnson
        Asik/Hansborough

you dont get Asik and not start him..

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          If we get Asik doesnt it actually mean

JV//Johnson
          Asik/Hansborough

you dont get Asik and not start him..
          That's what Houston thought ... until they started Terrence Jones at PF over him.

Comment

I could live with big man rotation of JV, Asik and Hansbrough. Love Amir, but if moving him to acquire a guy like Asik is what needs to be done, then do it.

For years we've listen to our peers here and elsewhere about lack of consistent interior presence. Both offensively and defensively. And while JV is certainly this team's future in the frontcourt, having another presence like Asik will only help Jonas' development in my opinion. Not to mention feed off one another. Sure we wouldn't have that C or PF to stretch defense's, but to have two beasts in the paint to contest, block or deflect shots is terrifying for opposing teams. And don't forget offensively both have nice touches around the hoop. Having that interior presence would create less pressure on our wings, so overall I see it as a win-win for us. Not much to lose here.

If that means losing Amir to acquire a guy like Asik, then sign me up. I'm on board.

Comment

Forget about Asik, he will hamper on JV's development. I say go for an established PF and move Amir + Lowry (when his stock is high)

Comment

Asik would help this team win this year, so I'm not in favour of acquiring him unless it's to flip him elsewhere. He has to be one of the better trade assets this year, so I can't see Morey giving him up for anything less than top dollar returns. Amir would be a great fit for Houston, I just don't see how this trade could work unless it is a 3-way deal from the get go.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  That's what Houston thought ... until they started Terrence Jones at PF over him.
                  That and he absolutely hates Dwight Howard but I think the reason has more to do with Houston's playstyle than anything else.

Comment

Am I the only one who has zero interest in Asik?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Am I the only one who has zero interest in Asik?
                      I have 0 interest from a basketball stand-point. But if you could somehow move Gay then flip Asik for something, then I'm all-in. Asik for a pick from Charlotte for example.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        can someone plz explain to me why asik and JV can not play on the floor at the same time? we already have hanborugh and JV on the floor together.

draft picks, JV, and ross are the only things I wouldnt put in a deal for this guy he has serious game.
                        My guess would be that neither are effective defenders outside of the paint. Who would guard Melo, Garnett, Thadeus Young, or Brandon Bass (PF in our conference)? If it was a more athletic big like Drummond I would say you could pair them with JV, but Asik...don't know if that works. I'd say if Raptors are indeed interested then it's part of a bigger deal. Can't see Houston wanting anything from us. What they want/need are a upgrade at PG, PF or the cap space to trade or sign a free agent.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          I have 0 interest from a basketball stand-point. But if you could somehow move Gay then flip Asik for something, then I'm all-in. Asik for a pick from Charlotte for example.
                          I'm just not convinced Houston wants anything to do with Rudy.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                            I could live with big man rotation of JV, Asik and Hansbrough. Love Amir, but if moving him to acquire a guy like Asik is what needs to be done, then do it.

For years we've listen to our peers here and elsewhere about lack of consistent interior presence. Both offensively and defensively. And while JV is certainly this team's future in the frontcourt, having another presence like Asik will only help Jonas' development in my opinion. Not to mention feed off one another. Sure we wouldn't have that C or PF to stretch defense's, but to have two beasts in the paint to contest, block or deflect shots is terrifying for opposing teams. And don't forget offensively both have nice touches around the hoop. Having that interior presence would create less pressure on our wings, so overall I see it as a win-win for us. Not much to lose here.

If that means losing Amir to acquire a guy like Asik, then sign me up. I'm on board.
                            All you need to do is watch Houston play with Asik/Howard on the floor to realize that Asik/JV would not work. Houston's offense is clogged up entirely when they are on the floor together and Houston actually has guys that can shoot threes. On defense, Asik/JV would not be quick enough to rotate and defend from range. Houston is getting killed from distance this year on defense when Howard/Asik are out there.

In any case, the Raps have nothing the Rockets need. It would have to be part of a three-way deal and those are difficult to pull off.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I'm just not convinced Houston wants anything to do with Rudy.
                              Oh I agree. Morey trading for Gay is about as likely as Bargnani replacing Rob Ford, but if we are discussing pipe-dreams (haha, get it, Rob Ford, pipe-dreams) then I'm fine with it. Only way it happens is a 3-way with Houston not getting Gay and us not getting Asik, which begs the question, are we even necessary for this equation? Possibly just to make the money work but unlikely. Houston could just trade Asik to Charlotte for a pick and be done with it.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Oh I agree. Morey trading for Gay is about as likely as Bargnani replacing Rob Ford, but if we are discussing pipe-dreams (haha, get it, Rob Ford, pipe-dreams) then I'm fine with it. Only way it happens is a 3-way with Houston not getting Gay and us not getting Asik, which begs the question, are we even necessary for this equation? Possibly just to make the money work but unlikely. Houston could just trade Asik to Charlotte for a pick and be done with it.
                                Exactly.

The Raptors "interest" in Asik could simply be Masai being, "Hey Morey, who do you want for Omer?", and hearing nothing but silence in return.

Comment

Working...
                                X