Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy to Houston

Rudy Gay for Omer Asik AND Jeremy Lin.

I mean if Houston can't find anything better in return of Asik... I'm sure Masai can found a way! For this kind of players, I would certainly be ready to give up picks... Maybe even Ross, but let's do this without having to give up on him!

Imagine the core of that team. A 9 player rotation that would be Valanciunas, Asik, Johnson, Hansbrough, DeRozan, Fields, Ross, Lowry and Lin, with Acy, Novak and Buycks being the 3 other players rounding up our 12 men.

I really like that. Let's do it Masai!

Though I'm fine with it, I still have a hard time seeing why Houston would want Rudy. It's possible. It would give them an interesting dynamic for small ball having Gay and Parsons on the floor together. They'd still lack a PF though, and still have general depth questions.

Cleveland seems to be imploding. They're looking like a mighty tempting trade partner. It's been thrown around the forums already, but something like Bynum and Bennett for Gay might be very doable. Bennett was a #1 pick, but it was also a non-consensus draft, and they don't need him at PF, his more natural position, and desperately lack decent wing play. They might even get desperate enough that you can even fleece another asset out of them. I would hope for Karasev if possible.

Comment

I suspect they'd even cut Omer Asik before they'd resort to that sort of trade. Not only is Houston's SF much better than Gay, but he makes about 1/20 of his money. in one swoop Houston manage to downgrade itself in 3 position while taking on extra money, I suspect that won't happen

Comment

Stats man Dork Elvis would never take Rudy Gay.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
        X