Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible trade with Cleveland after tempers flare and bad start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino4life wrote: View Post
    If the raptors had a realistic chances of getting Lebron James in free agency, would any of you pass on that chance in order to acquire Rudy Gay ?

The honest answer is NO.
    No way Lebron would ever come to the raps tho.

Comment

Brandon wrote:
      Cleveland won't take on any contract or player that will jeopardize their chances of getting Lebron back next summer. That's their bottom line, and it should be. Both sides want a reunion.
      That understood: trading Bynum+Bennett for Rudy would leave Cleveland with $42 million in guaranteed salary next year. In other words, more than enough room to sign LeBron - who then becomes Cleveland's starting power forward with Thompson moving to a Bosh-style small centre. Assuming Rudy stays.

And I think LeBron's desire for a reunion is deeply, deeply overblown. LeBron wants to win championships and be recognized, at least for a time, as the GOAT. Cleveland spent the better part of a decade demonstrating that they simply don't know how to build a goddamn championship team around a superstar talent, and frankly the last three years have shown they're not really that good at drafting either - not terrible, but not great. LeBron might go back when he has five or six rings, maybe, but now? I am dubious.

Comment

I think we should go all out to get Anthony Bennett. I know some don't/won't agree but I would be willing to trade Rudy + our first round draft pick of this year's draft top 5 protected.

Comment

Re: Lebron to Cleveland - Lebron is signing his next contract to cover the final years of his prime. He will NOT go to a sh*t roster like Cleveland. He'll want multiple more championships and he'll be looking for a ready-to-win roster. The Cleveland talk is mostly hype, although Lebron undoubtedly can see the benefit, from a PR standpoint, of going back to Cleveland and repairing some of the damage to his rep. caused by The Decision.

Cleveland could offer as good a package for Gay as any team - an expiring, a prospect, and a pick. Ujiri would have to take that.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Gay to Cleveland thing is simply machinated by Raps fans. We want to see a trade to a team with players we like or want to like. Truth is, Rudy is here to stay. Yes, all contracts can be moved. But right now, with teams eyeing this draft class, the last thing they'd want is to touch that albatross of a contract.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

It's hard to know what Cleveland wants to do this year. Tanking for one final pick in a heralded draft class makes so much sense.

Trading for Gay looks like it makes no sense as he's having a bad start to his year and has an opt out clause. But some small market teams don't always make smart basketball decisions.. some want to fill seats and get playoff revenue. They also want to keep their franchise player happy.

That's why the ideal teams for Gay would be the same ones most come up with... Milwaukee, Charlotte, Detroit and Cleveland. Small market teams that want to win now and sell tickets. Rudy Gay brought a lot of excitement to Toronto last season.. I think he could do the same for a lot of teams when they aren't making basketball decisions.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                It's hard to know what Cleveland wants to do this year. Tanking for one final pick in a heralded draft class makes so much sense.

Trading for Gay looks like it makes no sense as he's having a bad start to his year and has an opt out clause. But some small market teams don't always make smart basketball decisions.. some want to fill seats and get playoff revenue. They also want to keep their franchise player happy.

That's why the ideal teams for Gay would be the same ones most come up with... Milwaukee, Charlotte, Detroit and Cleveland. Small market teams that want to win now and sell tickets. Rudy Gay brought a lot of excitement to Toronto last season.. I think he could do the same for a lot of teams when they aren't making basketball decisions.
                Forgot about Detroit. Problem is who do we want from them???

"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a non-conforming minority." - Martin Luther King
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  The Gay to Cleveland thing is simply machinated by Raps fans. We want to see a trade to a team with players we like or want to like. Truth is, Rudy is here to stay. Yes, all contracts can be moved. But right now, with teams eyeing this draft class, the last thing they'd want is to touch that albatross of a contract.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                  I'd agree with that.

Only thing I would add is there were a lot of rumours about Cleveland wanting Gay in the last 2-3 years. Can we call this educated speculation? lol

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Forgot about Detroit. Problem is who do we want from them???

"The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a non-conforming minority." - Martin Luther King
                    Tony Mitchell and KCP and their 2nd round pick?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      2nd Round Picks don't have the same "Value" around these parts as they should. I guess we've never really made a good 2nd Round Pick, but with the right Scouting minds (which Masai and Weltman offer), 2nd Round Picks should be highly sought after I think. Especially in a draft as deep as 2014. There will be Gems to be found.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        I think we should go all out to get Anthony Bennett. I know some don't/won't agree but I would be willing to trade Rudy + our first round draft pick of this year's draft top 5 protected.
                        And that's probably why you are not an NBA GM. ***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Heck yeah
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

"You're completely right but it doesn't change anything, i said a realistic chance, and that they do. "I personally think he stays in miami, but Cleveland is definitely #2.
                            Banking on Rudy Gay turning away his 19 million option is much more of a long shot, possible but not realistic unless he hates cleveland in which case why would you get him in the first place if you hope he doesn't fit in ?"

I agree with you, Lebron is a big shit talker though so I don't even think he would even consider playing for Cleveland just giving them false hope. He thinks out of his ass sometimes. (Big fan of his game, not his character) Anyway, I think taking a chance on bennett and getting another pick in return would be ideal. But I don't know what to expect especially after todays game, I think its just this losing culture we have. Its like theres a curse with this team man. Heart breaking

Comment

Working...
                            X