Potential trade partners for DeMar DeRozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential trade partners for DeMar DeRozen

There has been a lot of talk on this forum about trading Rudy Gay but I think the more prudent thing would be to trade DD.

Reasoning:

1) DeMar's contract lasts until 2016. This would be the biggest reason to trade him -- it opens up a world of flexibility come 2015 (assuming we don't take on equally long contracts). There is a lot of talk about the 2014 FAs but the Miami trio will probably all opt-in, Kobe/Dirk probably aren't going anywhere and big desperation money will be thrown at Luol Deng. 2015 is what the raps should target with Gay coming off the books and Rondo/Alridge/Danny Green would look great next too JV.

2) Gay has a albatross contract --- but it would look wayyyyy more attractive next year as an expiring contract. Whereas this year DD has a much more trade-able contract. It would be much easier to match a couple low end salaries for DD.

3) Gay is a better Tank commander. Sure RG is a better defender but he is shooting a worst percentage, disrupts the offensive flow and turns the ball over much more.

4) There was a report earlier in the year of DD drawing interest around the league. This was probably leaked by MUs camp -- hopefully as a precursor to build competition for Demar's services.

5) From analysts/American media's point of view it seems like DD is viewed as a commodity around the league. Strike while the iron is hot... DeMar has slightly improved this year (he's actually hitting 3s). I think we could get more for DeRozan than Gay at his point.

Get rid of his contract, let Ross get some burn -- Fields should see more action.

We've looked at every angle of trading RG but if we traded DD who would be our trade partners and what do you think we could get in return?

Bobcats (could use him more than Gay with MKG there), Bulls have needed an SG for a long time, Indiana (DD could be effective with George playing beside him), Timberwolves (they have made williams, shved available in trade talks for a more veteran player [realgm] DeMar falls under that category)

Good question.

Bobcats have Gerald Henderson
    Bulls have Jimmy Buckets
    Pacers have Lance Stephenson

All better than DD

Twolves were interested in DD before weren't they? Was that the Khan years?

We're screwed.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Teams potentially interested in DeRozan:

Minnesota (would combo him with K-Mart/play him as an undersized SF)
      Milwaukee (combo with Mayo/as Minnesota)
      Denver (DeMar is an upgrade from Randy Foye)
      Cleveland (Dion Waiters is getting demoted to bench)
      Sacramento (he upgrades over Thornton and MacLemore needs some development to be ready)

Comment

I think T-Wolves would be a good fit, just because of the uncertainty going on with Williams.

The Luol Deng situation is also uncertain over in Chicago.. DeMar/Butler could form a dynamic wing duo.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Id rather move Gay first...

Comment

Take whatever we can get. Move DD first, move Gay first, they should both be gone, along with Lowry.

Comment

Who are we supposed to trade him for? Think about it...

What's funny is that on the defensive side of the ball, we are actually above average to good. We also rebound the ball really well, and these are two things you to do well to win games.

That being said, our offense is completely pathetic, and is the reason why we lose games. Our effective field goal percentage is 4th last in the league only above Utah, Cleveland and Charlotte (I am making a point... bear with me)

The person we trade for has to be a more efficient offensive player (someone who can shoot the 3 and PASS for god's sake), but at the same time, able to stay the course defensively.

Make no mistake, I hate Derozan and cringe almost every time he touches the ball, but we are not better off with guys like Jimmy Butler and Gerald henderson. I believe that they'll just make us worse offensively if that's even possible. Not to mention the fact that our management almost definitely believes that Derozan should yield more than one of those guys. If those are the options let's just stay the course.

Believe it or not, I think that we should be looking at the guys we already have on the team and just utilizing them differently. Get JV some more touches. Get Ross playing 20+ minutes a game.

Let's stop riding derozan for 38+ minutes and 20+ shot attempts and see what happens. Let's give Steve Novak a few of those shot attempts and our offense will become that much more efficient.

Do I want to move Derozan? Hell Ya! but if the move makes us worse defensively, we will be a worse team.

Unless this is a tanking thread......then who cares

Comment

It's a little bit silly to say Henderson is better than DeRozan.

Have a look at Gerald's numbers this year, just because he outplayed him in one game doesn't mean he's better.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                  It's a little bit silly to say Henderson is better than DeRozan.

Have a look at Gerald's numbers this year, just because he outplayed him in one game doesn't mean he's better.
                  I agree

not that MU will do this, but I just don't want to fall in love with the idea of trading a guy at all costs

Does no one think it's a good idea just make him the 6th man ala Ginobli? I would love to see how that would work

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                    I agree

not that MU will do this, but I just don't want to fall in love with the idea of trading a guy at all costs

Does no one think it's a good idea just make him the 6th man ala Ginobli? I would love to see how that would work
                    Demar isn't really a great fit in the Ginobli mold because Demar can't create his own shot. A lot of the 6th man microwave types are guys who can get their own. Jamal Crawford is a perfect example, he isn't a good enough of a playmaker for him to be your starter, but he can get his own enough to make him the 6th man. Demar would still need someone to get him his shots.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                      I agree

I like this idea (but preferably as a starter in a 3rd/4th option role). DD is still young enough to be a part of the rebuild, and his salary is more in line with someone of a lesser-but-key role anyway.

DD doesn't really restrict this team in the same way that Gay does, it's not a necessity to deal him. Do you move him if you get a great offer? Of course. But I don't think it would be wise to trade him just for the sake of trading him.

Comment

You can't trade both. I say this all the time, EVERY team in the NBA needs a wing guy that can create his own shots. You're just not going to win in today's NBA without those type of players.

In the playoffs last year i thought the Grizzlies missed Rudy Gay specially in the Spurs series.

But the Raps definitely needs to trade one of Rudy or DeMar. There's just no chemistry. And the team plays a lot better, moves the ball better when one is on the bench.

Rudy and DeMar are pretty much the same players. But if i'm Masai the one that id move is Gay. But if they get a GREAT offer for DeMar then i wouldn't hesistate moving him.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Minnesota would be pretty scary if they added DD to their roster.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            I like this idea (but preferably as a starter in a 3rd/4th option role). DD is still young enough to be a part of the rebuild, and his salary is more in line with someone of a lesser-but-key role anyway.

DD doesn't really restrict this team in the same way that Gay does, it's not a necessity to deal him. Do you move him if you get a great offer? Of course. But I don't think it would be wise to trade him just for the sake of trading him.
                            One question. Why do you think DD is a good player?

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              One question. Why do you think DD is a good player?
                              That's what's getting on my nerves, precisely.

Comment

Working...
                              X