Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandez Wants Out?

Got this from hoopsworld:

"Real Madrid wants to sign Rudy Fernandez for next season. The Spanish player is not comfortable in Portland and would be amenable to a return. Real Madrid would welcome him with open arms.

The player's camp has let it be known that he's willing to return. Florentino Perez (Real Madrid's president) knows about this and is interested.

Do you rule out a return to Spain? Rudy Fernandez: Right now, in this situation, I don't rule out anything. Why? Rudy Fernandez: Because I just want to play. I don't mind where.

Rudy Fernandez: Last year we had a different team and at least I had Sergio (Rodriguez), who understood my game. I have noticed a change this year. I don't get the ball as much and the system is different.

Rudy Fernadez: I try to play the way (Nate McMillan) wants. But I don't feel the trust that he had in me the first year."
    Thoughts on Fernandez in TO?

My thoughts are that:

A.) He shouldn't be complaining to the media, especially after the trade deadline.
    B.) It's pointless because he's certainly not going anywhere now until after the season ends, best case scenario. If talking to the coaches didn't work then talking to the media certainly won't work. In fact, all it's going to do is alienate himself further from the team, especially the coaches and the players who have been getting more PT. I think the big difference between last year and this year is Martell Webster. The guy was out all last season. He was a starter there and a key piece to the plan before he got injured. Webster is back in the mix now, that's the difference.

I think Fernandez to Toronto would make some sense but we're all going to have to wait and see what happens in the off-season. He would have to be willing to come off the bench in Toronto and what happens should the Raptors move Calderon, would Rudy publicly bitch and moan about it like he's doing about Sergio? Give me a break. This isn't "sex in the city", its "NBA basketball". It's reality and a business. Let's leave the feeling behind closed doors please...

I just took a closer look at his stat line. he's getting three less minutes a game and one less shot. His shooting percentages have all dropped. Time to take a look in the mirror Rudy.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 24, 2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing Rudy in Toronto. His defense has improved a lot from when he first came into the league. I think that area of his game is underrated. What makes it even better is his reference to Sergio Rodriguez. I wanted the Raptors to make a run at "Spanish Chocolate" at the trade deadline, but that didn't happen. Now he is in New York, and although he is a free agent at the end of the year, it looks like his price tag may increase.
      I Am Shutup

Comment

I'd rather get back to some more "Americanized" ball. Nothing against International players, I just don't want anymore on this team.

Comment

We already have 1 euro on our team that is complaining he isn't getting enought "ball" do we really need another one?

Beside's we already have the Italian version of him in Toronto.

Comment

i rather have rudy than marco......

Comment

Rudy Fernandez would be a very good starting two guard for the Raptors.

Unfortunately, the Raps have very little to offer Portland. DeRozan is the only young player good enough to tempt the Blazers into giving up Fernandez and that's a hefty price. Don't think I'd be willing to do that. A Calderon based trade package possibly ... Portland would be interested in that but again, that's a very high price.

Finding a suitable trade between the Raps and Blazers looks difficult.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Fernandez and Przybilla for Calderon might be doable.

Comment

When you used to hear rumours of NBA players turning down contracts to play in Europe, you usually laughed, but now that European clubs can offer big money (I don't know how), it's not a joke anymore.

As Dave said, there's not much we can offer. I'd say Calderon but I think they're fairly happy with Miller.

Comment

Working...
                  X