Zone D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zone D

so Raps dont have a lot of good one on One defenders.... Fields, Buycks, Ross, Stone Amir and Hansborough are probably the best one on one defenders the team has. Casey wantsthe team to play solid one on ones and not go Zone as much....

Honestly I think Raps should go Zone a whole lot more during games so much goddam penetration, yes it kills us beyond the arc but that isn't what's making Raps lose games...I mean thats all teams use against the Raps we should do it too.

Casey doesnt try new things. He is not an innovator. He just wants to slide under the radar and live by "nba coaching for dummies"

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Casey said, when he first came from Dallas, that he wasn't going to incorporate a lot of the Dallas zones until the team learned to defend in man. I don't see any reason for him to have changed his mind other than running out of options.

The problem with zone is that so many teams (except the Raps of course) have very good play-makers. A zone defence is too easily beat with either elite shooters or elite passers. The NBA is full of both. I don't see zone as a great option but really more of a desperation move.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

the raps did go zone a handful of times already and it was absolutely fucking terrible

Comment

The Raps did go zone in the OT and Batum killed them with 2 WIDE OPEN 3's.

Can't go zone against a GREAT 3pt shooting team. Dont know what Casey is thinking.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
            the raps did go zone a handful of times already and it was absolutely fucking terrible
            In the houston game went zone put them back in the game to go to OT, Went Zone against Memphis for extended periods and played better ball, went zone against Boston during the third to get some stops to get the opening night W.

Raps play better disguising the bad defenders in Zone D copy Syracuse and go Zone more often. (not all game like they do lol obv not) But when you need some good D dont be afraid to switch to it for extended periods. Dont have good defenders stopping Penetration and JV is nowhere near the level to be consistent big man defender down low, also it should keep him out of foul trouble so he doesnt have to deal with Lowry and DeRozans blow bys.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
              Agreed. I can't say that I have watched every second of every game but the Raps have gone zone on a few occassions and it didn't seem particularly successful. I recall watching JV trying to cover baseline threes at one point....

Comment

Yeah, the zone has been used in stretches. It seems like Casey was using it to simply confuse the opposition (or catch them off guard).....but alas, it's OUR guys who look confused.

Comment

Lack of communication should be adressed as well, just proves that fact that this is not a "real" team.

It was explained and shown visually during NBA Gametime, in OT after a missed shot 4 of our guys were under the basket, while three Blazers were behind them, defenders had to find their matchups and Gay failed with finding his and communicating, that he should be switching with Amir, he went to defend big man instead of Batum, thats how Batum nailed a wide open three pointer, which was pretty much game winning shot.

see 2:37s mark
                  And I do see that quite often...
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                  X