Colangelo's last 3 moves as Raptors GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    That Slam Dunk Trophy has really been huge for the Raptors so far this season.
    IT has man we got 4 Ws because of it.

Comment

The problem really is the "one and done". No one (except very few and they probably have fathers who have played the game at a high level) learn many of the fundamentals. What GMs then are left with re a definitive skill is athleticism. Really want fundamentals in a player in the 20 age group one needs to go to Europe but you may have to give up on the eye popping athleticism. The irony with the Ross selection is that BC had a eye popper athletic big man in Drummond and passed because of "need" it seems....like the team was a piece away or that we did not already have a SG.

Comment

Wasn't Colangelo's last move trading a 2nd round pick for Sebastian "Fucking" Telfair. That's when I had enough. I have no interest in reexamining BC's every move. I'm just waiting on Dec 15th and keeping my fingers crossed that MU can work his magic.

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
          Wasn't Colangelo's last move trading a 2nd round pick for Sebastian "Fucking" Telfair. That's when I had enough. I have no interest in reexamining BC's every move. I'm just waiting on Dec 15th and keeping my fingers crossed that MU can work his magic.
          Very true. Ohhhh Haddadi, we hardly knew you!

Technically speaking, BC's last 3 moves were:

1. Feb.21/13 - Haddadi & 2nd round pick for Telfair

2. Jan.30/13 - Calderon & Davis & 2nd round pick for Gay & Haddadi

3. Dec.10/12 - signed Mickael Pietrus

Comment

I wish we still had Telfair. Given a chance, he would have been a better backup pg than Augustin and Byuckalucks
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hindsight's 20/20

Biggest mistake Colangelo made was signing DeMar for 9.5 over 4 years before letting the market set his value. Realistically though Tyreke got hwat 11? Hayward's in conversation for like 12.5? So maybe he made the right call, but would we of been upset letting someone else pay a ridiculous amount for DeMar? I Don't think so.

Just gotta sit back and see what Massai nets us.

Comment

C-Low wrote: View Post
                Hindsight's 20/20

Biggest mistake Colangelo made was signing DeMar for 9.5 over 4 years before letting the market set his value. Realistically though Tyreke got hwat 11? Hayward's in conversation for like 12.5? So maybe he made the right call, but would we of been upset letting someone else pay a ridiculous amount for DeMar? I Don't think so.

Just gotta sit back and see what Massai nets us.
                This is not an original thought on my part, I forget who said it first but....

Is it possible that bc set the market?

Evans and Hayward agents are like,"DeRozan got $9.5 mo'fo'. Gimme $11/12.5 Gdammit!"

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  This is not an original thought on my part, I forget who said it first but....

Is it possible that bc set the market?

Evans and Hayward agents are like,"DeRozan got $9.5 mo'fo'. Gimme $11/12.5 Gdammit!"
                  Go back further. Landry Fields offer sheet probably helped set Demar's extension.

This team's success will come from the block; low post, high post and trade.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I hate that this thread has 3 pages. Colangelo isn't in charge anymore or even affiliated with the team. Masai can get rid of whoever he wants.

Everyone is complaining about Ross over Drummond. Well, Detroit has Drummond and they're still just as shit as us. And to be upset about him getting rid of a 2nd round pick is hyperbole.

Everything else is a valid complaint....if Colangelo were still in charge. But, he's not. Masai Ujiri is and so if he keeps these guys that he's inhereted, it's on him. That's the way I see it.

In other words;

BLOW IT THE FUCK UP!
                    Last edited by LBF; Tue Nov 19, 2013, 08:19 PM.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                      - Trading own 1st round pick for Kyle Lowry
                      - Drafting Terrence Ross 8th overall. Passing up on the best player available(Drummond).
                      - Trading Ed Davis and Jose Calderon for Rudy Gay
                      Trades

1) 1st Round for Lowry - a 12th round pick in a doubtful draft. Then again, Raps would've been 1 pick away from Michael Carter-Williams.

2) Drafting Terrence Ross (over Drummond) - it's still too early. Drummond has been a great pick, however, how would that play out with Jonas in the fold. Can't play both guys 30 minutes. One player would not have elevated his game, or his stature in any sort of trade.

3) Ed Davis's career was best suited as a Bench PF. Leaving T.O. was a curse for him, as he now toils in abscurity for Memphis. Replacing AB with Ed (at one point in the season) created a false expectation, as it gave Davis the belief he was a Starter. As to Jose Calderon, his days with the Raps were done. His defensive weaknesses in his last days with the Raptors, was exasperated by a rookie Centre (BC's star moment in Toronto history), a booed-out of town PF (with very limited help defense ability), a Bench quality SF (name escapes me), and a SG who wasn't much better on Defense then the rest of the Starters - if at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X