Bring Kevin Love to T-Dot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Kevin Love to T-Dot?

Amir Johnson, Landry Fields, Terrence Ross and multiple draft picks (including this year's first round pick) for Kevin Love.

Valanciunas
    Love
    Gay
    DeRozan
    Lowry

Damn!

that would be 5 starters that need the ball regularly to be effective...not gonna work! Plus, we lose our bench and have no cap space to bring in guys. If we were to acquire Love I'd like to see one of these lineups:

JV
    Love
    Derozan
    Ross
    Lowry

JV
    Love
    Fields
    Derozan
    LOwry

JV
    Love
    Fields
    Ross
    Lowry

No Gay, in other words.
    Last edited by JawsGT; Tue Nov 19, 2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Clear cap space for 2015 and sign him when he leaves MIN at first opportunity.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        It's not the players...it's the way we play
        That's your signature, buddy! I mean, I'm not even sure that quoting your signature helps my point, but what I'm saying is that if some players, any kind of players they are, really want to win, they will share the ball. I don't think it's a thing of needing the ball in your hands to perform.

IMO, if you have any kind of chance to put this starting 5 on the floor for your team, you do it. You give it a try.

Comment

Fire Flip Saunders!

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            Fire Flip Saunders!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Well, he's blowing up a good team and trading a top 5 superstar for some mediocre players and some likely non-lottery picks. Must fire, hehe.

Comment

Follow this up by sending Lowry to Charlotte for Sessions+Biyombo

Gay-Love-Sessions

Championship

Comment

I hope Gay and Love play on the same team one day, just to see all the hilarious pictures their jerseys will generate

Comment

Old thread but here's B/R article:

Anonymous NBA General Manager: Kevin Love to Lakers Is '100 Percent Certainty'

Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...cent-certainty

EDIT: eh shit it's trade forum. my bad
                    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I have been an advocate of tanking, but if we are going the retool route, I think Love is the kind of guy you have to aim at bringing to town. Unfortunately he needs to be paired with a strong defensive C, and while Val should get there eventually, he's still a couple years away. With Sanders on the block, I think if you can form a Love-Sanders front court it would be lethal. Each complements the other.

Sanders should be fairly cheap in terms of trade value given his contract. If we can get him for cap relief, great, if not throw in the Knicks pick.

Love is the tricky piece. What to give up without completely hamstringing ourselves is a tricky question. Not sure what Minny's asking would be but we might be able to use the LA rumors to try and get in a little cheaper. Problem is if Minny puts him up for auction we don't really stand a chance.

A lot of moving pieces, but I really do think we need some low post offense if we are going to get to the next level (via retooling, anyway).

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Problem is if Minny puts him up for auction we don't really stand a chance.
                        Yep. Unless of course Love makes a short "list" like Dwight and includes Toronto in his list.

The thing is that Toronto doesn't have many assets that they don't need. They could offer Jonas, but they need him themselves, besides Minnesota has a better center. Ross, DeMar, Jonas, that's the best assets and they are all important parts of the team. If you trade half the team for Love, he would probably leave.

Comment

Bring Kevin Love to T-Dot?

Haven't worked out the contracts/salaries and such yet but just spitballing:

To Milwaukee:
                          - Sacramento's 2nd
                          - 2015 and 16 seconds
                          - Novak (becomes an expiring/helps their tank [not that they even need it]/ or throw in a contract and player they'd want that we don't)

To Toronto
                          -sanders
                          - Gary Neal (terrible contract they want to get rid of)

To minny:
                          - Amir
                          - Neal
                          - derozan
                          - NY first
                          To Toronto
                          - k love
                          - k mart.

Writing it out, I actually feel there's a lot that needs to be worked on but with a couple tweaks could be done. Ideas?
                          Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Mon Feb 3, 2014, 01:27 PM.
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            Haven't worked out the contracts/salaries and such yet but just spitballing:

To Milwaukee:
                            - Sacramento's 2nd
                            - 2015 and 16 seconds
                            - Novak (becomes an expiring/helps their tank [not that they even need it]/ or throw in a contract and player they'd want that we don't)

To Toronto
                            -sanders
                            - Gary Neal (terrible contract they want to get rid of)
                            If available, take it. I wouldn't even ask them to take on a bad contract (Novak). I'd be ok with offering Salmons + Hansbrough + those picks. Since the team isn't tanking, it has to collect talent / assets. Sanders had problems this year but IMO he is way too young and too good to be written off because of that. His 11 mil a year contract is very nice if he returns to last year's level of play.

That said, if I was making decisions for Dallas or Minnesota, Denver, Atlanta, Cleveland or some other non-tanking team that needs a great shot blocker / defender, I would offer more than just expirings + some 2nds. I would offer a 1st at least.

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post

To minny:
                            - Amir
                            - Neal
                            - derozan
                            - NY first
                            To Toronto
                            - k love
                            - k mart.

Writing it out, I actually feel there's a lot that needs to be worked on but with a couple tweaks could be done. Ideas?
                            Maybe they get attracted by DeMar's "all star" status, in which case hurry up and do it. Lowry/Martin/Ross/Love/Valanciunas with still lots of picks and flexibility to build a bench... that would be great.

However, I think someone would offer more. In my opinion, which is just a guess at this point since I haven't seen any rumors, the Bulls might be a strong suitor. Look at their assets -- Mirotic (who's probably worth as much as a good lottery pick in 2014), Charlotte's pick, Sacramento pick, Cavs pick (although that one's not guaranteed), their own picks. That's without even touching any of their current players. They could definitely pull off a big deal, and Love makes perfect sense as a super-replacement to Boozer. It's also a big market team that shouldn't have trouble convincing him to stay.

The Rockets would also have to consider it. A big 3 or Harden, Love and Dwight... If I was in their place, I'd give up Terrence Jones, Chandler Parsons, multiple picks, and let them choose one of Asik or Lin as a salary filler.

I'd love for Toronto to get him, but I think it would take dismantling the team, which I don't think would be a good idea since he'd just leave in that case.
                            Last edited by BobLoblaw; Mon Feb 3, 2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X