Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Grange: Drowing in 3-feet of Water

Raptors Republic Rookie Black_jack71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote vino wrote: View Post
    Just to add, I don't support the notion that we need to change the coach after we blow it up and that Casey is suited well for the tank. We need a good coach ASAP. Yesterday. I realize it may not be possible and that Ujiri wouldn't look good firing Casey right now... but a good coach maximizes the sum of the team parts (players) and produces results. Look at Blatt with the Russian team - beating Spain in Euro finals in Spain, then taking Olympic bronze with a shitty team. Look at Mike Fratello with the Ukranian team in London. We see this all the time in different sports - good coaches build a team/culture and produce wins when most don't expect them to succeed. We need a good coach here is Toronto, regardless of the tank no-tank.

Oh, and just for the record - blow this up ASAP!
    Agreed on the Casey out now notion. I think the current team is a perfect example of why you don't want Casey around a young impressionable team. IMO he is largely to blame for the chuck show that is Rudy and Demar. With his "those are our guys, and were gonna stick with our guys" attitude. He has instilled the thought in Rudy and Demar's heads that they are superstars and should be putting up all those shots because that's what needs to happen for the team to win. I for one don't want that to be the message to the young pieces we may be bringing in should we tank. That it is okay to put up 30 shots and make 10 because your our scorer. We need a coach who preaches ball movement and has some sort of clue how to draw up a damn play. Also, don't even get me started on Casey's treatment/handling of the young players. Rookie=one mistake and your riding the pine, Vet=do whatever the hell you want.

In summary, get this goof out of here.

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The Raptors eventually break all their fans..... all of them. On the bright side for young fans, all the disappointment you experience with the Raps will prepare you for all the disappointment you will experience later in life by making you a little deader inside. So, even there, silver lining.
    Oh my goodness, I'm dying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    the not too different future.
    Craiger! This is the title of your great novel.

Just picture it, a cocky young futurist gives speech to a crowded hall, he makes a few bold prediction about the radical changes the future will bring. Wild applause!

He sneaks out the back exit to escape the press and crowds, but a shadowy figure emerges from the shadowy shadows.

"You! I told you I wasn't interested!" the futurist scowls. "You think I'm crazy! I'll show you" the man yells. Zap! He pulls out some crazy contraption and it's Buzz! Crack! all over the place.

Fade to black.

Fade in again, the futurist is waking up, still laying on the sidewalk. He brushes himself off, and heads to the street. It's morning now. He passes a newsstand and goes to buy a paper. "Funny" he says as he's paying. "There's a typo, the date on today's post says 2113." "What do you mean?" asks the vendor? "Hey, where did you get these coins, the museum?" The futurist looks at all the papers and magazines, they all say 2113.

The futurist starts to look at everything around him, the people, the signs, the clothes, the shops, everything.

Nothing has changed in 100 years. IT'S ALL EXACTLY THE SAME!
    Last edited by Quirk; Wed Nov 20th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.

4. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quirk wrote: View Post
    Craiger! This is the title of your great novel.

Just picture it, a cocky young futurist gives speech to a crowded hall, he makes a few bold prediction about the radical changes the future will bring. Wild applause!

He sneaks out the back exit to escape the press and crowds, but a shadowy figure emerges from the shadowy shadows.

"You! I told you I wasn't interested!" the futurist scowls. "You think I'm crazy! I'll show you" the man yells. Zap! He pulls out some crazy contraption and it's Buzz! Crack! all over the place.

Fade to black.

Fade in again, the futurist is waking up, still laying on the sidewalk. He brushes himself off, and heads to the street. It's morning now. He passes a newsstand and goes to buy a paper. "Funny" he says as he's paying. "There's a typo, the date on today's post says 2113." "What do you mean?" as the vendor? Hey, "where did you get these coins, the museum?" the vendor asks? The futurist looks at all the papers and magazines, they all say 2113.

The futurist starts to look at everything around him, the people, the signs, the clothes, the shops, everything.

Nothing has changed in 100 years. IT'S ALL EXACTLY THE SAME!
    Rob Ford, ladies and gentlemen!

(jk)
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Too girly?

Seems perfect.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just want ujiri to do something so we know what the hell he has on his mind in terms of our team . We dont even know if he wants to make the play offs or not this year
    ya dun noe

Thread Information