Thread: Do you think Masai picked 2016 as the Knicks first rounder for a reason?

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you think Masai picked 2016 as the Knicks first rounder for a reason?

The man is very smart. I have a feeling that he's got a feeling that the Black Eyed Peas have a feeling that tonight's..whoops I mean the Knicks are going to suck in 2015-16. Carmelo is likely leaving and I bet Masai forecasts an ugly rebuilding period, lining us up with a top 5 pick along with our first. I am convinced that 2016 is the start of the new era and Valanciunas will hopefully be the oldest(and 3rd best) of a new big 3 by then. By the year 2020 (fuck thats a long time) we are title contenders!

Looking way ahead, the Knicks pick could turn out to be our actual franchise player that Bargnani never was. Oh the irony.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe. Or maybe it's just because the Knicks had traded away their 2014 pick already. Therefore the next earliest future pick they could trade was 2016. It does seem to work out pretty well, given that it's hard to see the Knicks being very good at that point, so I hear you on that, but I mean, it was either 2016 or even later...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I'm not sure it was scheming on Masai's part. Probably just a case of the Knicks being "this is all we have to offer".
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Still I think the timing is going to be perfect. I'd rather have their 2016 then their 2014.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Still I think the timing is going to be perfect. I'd rather have their 2016 then their 2014.
    Why? Right now they're as bad as they're ever going to be. Carmelo is most likely going to resign, in 2015 they'll be able to get some more quality free agents - they're not going to be a championship team, most likely, but they'll be reasonably good.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Knicks are terrible in 2015 and their 2016 pick is top 5, we wont get it, Denver will swap and we'll get Denver's pick. We need both Denver and NYK to suck equally to get a Top 5 pick.
    Whatever you do, do it the best you can

7. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Why? Right now they're as bad as they're ever going to be. Carmelo is most likely going to resign, in 2015 they'll be able to get some more quality free agents - they're not going to be a championship team, most likely, but they'll be reasonably good.
    What makes you so sure? The Knicks sucked every year between Patrick Ewing and Carmelo Anthony.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    If the Knicks are terrible in 2015 and their 2016 pick is top 5, we wont get it, Denver will swap and we'll get Denver's pick. We need both Denver and NYK to suck equally to get a Top 5 pick.
    Denver is looking like that is a possibility too.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Denver is looking like that is a possibility too.
    Possibly, but it does discount the theory that MU targeted that year for a specific reason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly, but it does discount the theory that MU targeted that year for a specific reason.
    No it doesn't. He could've been assuming that BOTH the Nuggets and Knicks will be bad in 2015-16 so it doesn't matter if they swap.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I think 2016 will work out for us, I think it was more of a case of it being the first available pick as opposed to a year that was targeted specifically. That's not a bad thing though.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

So far both sucking this year lol.

14. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    So far both sucking this year lol.
    Which is bad. We need them to be mediocre this year and trend downwards. A high 2014 pick will ruin the 2016 pick for us.

16. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks are likely going to suck by then so ya its a good deal

Thread Information