The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    Might see Mad Max tomorrow night. I saw all the originals and so this one has my interests. It's too bad they excluded Gibson completely though.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Give me Charlize over Mel anytime.

Comment

• Both is better than one or the other.

Comment

Both is better than one or the other.

On a serious note...Mel has really screwed his rep/brand/box office gravitas with all of his personal issues/thinking. The Hollywood honchos are probably not going to risk a big budget movie on his resume.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          On a serious note...Mel has really screwed his rep/brand/box office gravitas with all of his personal issues/thinking. The Hollywood honchos are probably not going to risk a big budget movie on his resume.
          Mel made a crap load of money off of the Passion of the Christ.. and even though he got divorced (and lost over $400M) he's still got half a billion to his name. I'm sure he could finance his own movie if he wanted to.

Comment

• Mel did really well in the Expendables. He'll be back. I think when it happens he'll be in a similar place as Tom Cruise: making good movies that get overlooked or under appreciated.

I don't really care if he acted like an asshole at times to his ex. I don't care if I don't share his personal views, all I want to concern myself is with Mel the entertainer. He's not the only person with baggage in the entertainment industry. I mean look at the music industry. It's now cool to use to use Satanic imagery in performers fashion and in their music videos.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I'm saying people were saying it is the best movie overall, not just best action movie. It's at 25 of the all-time top 250 on imdb. Not that imdb matters, just referring to the overall hype.

Personally in terms of pure action movies I actually enjoyed Kingsman more as a pure popcorn movie. There just wasn't enough character stuff in Mad Max for me to get invested in it.

That said, it did have some great action and a killer score.
              I just watched Kingsman tonight. I liked it overall but it got a little weird towards the end. I didn't care for Samuel L's "lithp" either... He could have played a much, MUCH better role/character.

Comment

• Just watched Jurrasic World in IMAX 3D. Really glad I saw it in theatre. Raptors represented! Haha Not sure why people dont like the name for our franchise, they're portrayed as some lethal beasts. I really wish our logo incorporated the dinosaurs head, they could have done something grimey looking. Bah well, maybe next rebrand.

Comment

• Jurassic World was sort of "meh". Didn't dislike it, but didn't like it too much either.

Don't know if any of you guys like animated movies, but I saw Inside Out the other day, and absolutely loved it.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                    Jurassic World was sort of "meh". Didn't dislike it, but didn't like it too much either.

Don't know if any of you guys like animated movies, but I saw Inside Out the other day, and absolutely loved it.
                    Don't get me wrong, the movie itself was not great, but it was OK. What I liked is all the scenery and action in IMAX 3D.

And yea, I started out watching the animated movies with my niece & nephew years back and I found that I was laughing a lot more than they were. I guess sometimes some of the joke references can go right over the kids heads. I've gotta say, I'm looking forward to watching the Minions movie, those guys are hysterical. Who knows, maybe I'll even bring the kids to this one haha

Comment

• Anyone else notice that Minions speak the same language as Jawas? I bet under their hoods, all Jawas are minions.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• My daughter has a couple of those Minions toys from McDonalds. I swear it almost sounds like they're saying cuss words. LOL

I think I'm going to rent it when it comes to On Demand. Are there any scenes that you think would be scary for a four year old?

Comment

My daughter has a couple of those Minions toys from McDonalds. I swear on almost sounds like they're saying cuss words. LOL

I think I'm going to rent it when it comes to On Demand. Are there any scenes that you think would be scary for a four year old?
                          Haven't actually watched the new one yet. Hard to get out to the theatre with a toddler.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Yeah, we tried taking her to Cinderella not too long ago because it had a Frozen skit at the beginning before the movie started. She lasted about 30 min through Cinderella and that was it (previews are way too long these days). I think she might be ready now though.

Comment

My daughter has a couple of those Minions toys from McDonalds. I swear it almost sounds like they're saying cuss words. LOL

My 3 year old nephew saw it. I don't think theres any scary parts for kids in the minion movies.

Comment

• Animated stuff, eh guys?

I'm the king of animated movies.... I try to go to as many as possible... however, I haven't in a while.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X