No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Thor: The Dark World ... really enjoyed it. Funnier than I thought it would be, and the effects are mind blowing. Marvel really does have the perfect formula down for these things.
    Next up: Captain America! Which just got a new trailer..

Comment

Really like the Thor movies.. I found the first Captain America movie quite boring. Maybe because it was an origin story and his story is rather blah and too "US of A" for my liking.

Also looking forward to that Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Love Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec.

I still have to see Iron Man 3. Will check that out some weekend when I have nothing else to do.

Comment

Watched the original Korean "Oldboy" ... my goodness, that movie is messed up. But amazing.

Curious now to see how Josh Brolin pulls off the role in Spike Lee's remake.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Really like the Thor movies.. I found the first Captain America movie quite boring. Maybe because it was an origin story and his story is rather blah and too "US of A" for my liking.

Also looking forward to that Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Love Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec.

I still have to see Iron Man 3. Will check that out some weekend when I have nothing else to do.
          Iron man 3 is pretty bad in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Comment

Hmmmmm... I loved the first one so much I watched it 3 times in the theatre. Maybe Marky Mark can bring it back?! Is it Dinobots?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Hmmmmm... I loved the first one so much I watched it 3 times in the theatre. Maybe Marky Mark can bring it back?! Is it Dinobots?

Did you see the next few?

I only ever saw the first one ... was alright from what I remember.
                This looks ... I don't know ... could be cool? I like Mark, so there's that.

The tone for these is too serious from what I can gather. The cartoons weren't nearly this dark. Even "Transformers: The Movie" wasns't, and that had a robot that ATE planets!

Comment

I saw the wolf of wallstreet yesterday and liked it. I recommend it

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Did you see the next few?

I only ever saw the first one ... was alright from what I remember.
                    This looks ... I don't know ... could be cool? I like Mark, so there's that.

The tone for these is too serious from what I can gather. The cartoons weren't nearly this dark. Even "Transformers: The Movie" wasns't, and that had a robot that ATE planets!
                    Bigger is better these days. My nephew was like 4 when the first one came out, and his parents let him see it. He was infatuated with it for about 4 years, it was ridiculous!

I'll prob watch it once I can DL in HD, other than that, not too many movies are catching my eye. Though I am disappointed I didn't see The Avengers in theatre, so I'll prob go see Cap'n 'Merica and Avengers Two.

Comment

drake20 wrote: View Post
                      I saw the wolf of wallstreet yesterday and liked it. I recommend it
                      Cerebral Palsy Face! Nuff said

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Cerebral Palsy Face! Nuff said
                        Margot Robbie.

Nuff said.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Sooo this is going to be a movie:

And it looks amazing.

Calling it now - Surprise hit of the Summer ala Hangover 1.

Comment

Most recent Godzilla trailer:

Looks pretty damn epic

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                              Most recent Godzilla trailer:

Looks pretty damn epic
                              Nice. About time they got that right.

Imagine that 'scream' in IMAX ... guarantee they'll use every bit of sound they've got for it.

Comment

So Major League turned 25 this week. Yahoo Sports did a 15 facts you didn't know about the film. This is one of my favourite sports movies. From the list of 15 linked, I think I was more surprised to realize that the "Allstate" guy is Pedro Cerrano than Charlie Sheen taking steroids to help prepare for the role (which makes sense since 1989 roids weren't a big deal and let's be honest, it's Charlie Sheen, he'd probably take them today).

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...091540571.html

Anyways, even those this pic is from the 2nd movie, I always loved Kamikaze Tanaka's line to Cerrano, "you've got no...(quickly checks translation dictionary) marbles!!!"

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X