No announcement yet.

The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I take it the lead jedi protagonist will be Luke's daughter?

It's going to be weird to watch a Star Wars movie with no Yoda.

Comment

• A JJ Abrams trailer without any lens flare?! That must be the other 99% of the movie....

Honestly, I have no expectations. I remember when the Phantom Menace trailer came out and it looked amazing even though everyone thought the name was stupid. I remember walking into the theatre for one of the later showings on the first day and passing people hearing, "It wasn't that bad. I mean it wasn't terrible. It sorta made sense," and I knew we were in trouble. Then you sit down, the crowd is buzzing, the excitement builds, the classic music starts and........ I have to read about a trade dispute over taxes (or something or other that made no sense) and watch two British guys drink tea? Fuck that.

So, I will just continue to believe this new movie will be awful and then if it doesn't suck it will be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

• I liked the new trilogy of movies. I thought they had nice special effects, average acting and lots of action. People get their panties too much in a bunch over these Star Wars movies, come on. The original trilogy was not perfect either, it was just so revolutionary at the time because nobody had seen anything like it before.

I thought Abrams did an excellent job on the Star Trek reboot and I think he'll nail this too. Whether people are receptive to it, who knows, because the expectations seem unrealistic in my opinion.

I was almost hoping they would have turned KOTR and KOTR2 into movies, those two were classics and great stories. In movie form they would be amazing, albeit condensed and trimmed of course.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          Miley Cyrus... WTF? *gasp* It has begun...

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Furious 7 was ridiculous. Non stop action for over two hours.
            It was certainly fun, but I have to admit that when I watched Furious 7 last weekend, I couldn't stop laughing...

Comment

• Not sure how necessary this movie is, considering they just had 2 Fantastic Four movies not that long ago, which no body saw .. but this does seem to be better..ish.

Comment

• I watched Interstellar a couple nights back. It's a good thing I knew what the 4th and 5th dimensions were before I went into the movie.

Comment

I watched Interstellar a couple nights back. It's a good thing I knew what the 4th and 5th dimensions were before I went into the movie.
                  Funny cause I watched that just last night. Its an amazing movie, definitely the best space film I've ever seen. Gravity is a joke compared to it haha

Comment

• The ending sort of reminded me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Comment

The ending sort of reminded me of 2001: A Space Odyssey.
                      It did?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Funny cause I watched that just last night. Its an amazing movie, definitely the best space film I've ever seen. Gravity is a joke compared to it haha
                        You clearly have not seen Space Station 76, bro.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                          You clearly have not seen Space Station 76, bro.
                          Realistic space film I meant LOL

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            It did?
                            It was touching on many of the same concepts.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Realistic space film I meant LOL
                              Any director that solves complex mathematical problems using love needs to be beaten to death

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Any director that solves complex mathematical problems using love needs to be beaten to death
                                You gotta admit some of that shit was interesting aside from what you just stated. Chris Nolan actually like researched this stuff to try to make it as realistic as possible. Any director who goes through the trouble of learning the equation to a fucking black hole just for a movie needs to be given tons of praise

Comment

Working...
                                X