The Movie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    You gotta admit some of that shit was interesting aside from what you just stated. Chris Nolan actually like researched this stuff to try to make it as realistic as possible. Any director who goes through the trouble of learning the equation to a fucking black hole just for a movie needs to be given tons of praise
    Time Horizons and gravitation effects were amazing. Almost everything was great and less head scratching than inception. Talking to people the BS movie physics made less sense and was less interesting than the real stuff.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      You gotta admit some of that shit was interesting aside from what you just stated. Chris Nolan actually like researched this stuff to try to make it as realistic as possible. Any director who goes through the trouble of learning the equation to a fucking black hole just for a movie needs to be given tons of praise
      raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Time Horizons and gravitation effects were amazing. Almost everything was great and less head scratching than inception. Talking to people the BS movie physics made less sense and was less interesting than the real stuff.
      He didn't just research it, he had Kip Thorne, one of the worlds leading theoretical astrophysicists, as an Executive Producer, and oversee it and ensure that everything was as close to what we know to be 'reality' as possible.

Fantastic movie. Loved it.

Comment

• Can't decide whether I'm more excited for new Jurassic Park or Star Wars this year.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Can't decide whether I'm more excited for new Jurassic Park or Star Wars this year.
          Star Wars. I don't know, but I have a bad feeling about Jurassic World .. but maybe thats because I've seen JP2 and 3 ...they were horribad.

Comment

• Same here. The only thing I don't like about the new Star Wars movies is that stupid middle-ages inspired long sword light saber. If such a thing existed then surely you would cut off your own limbs in a matter of minutes of swinging it around. It's stupid and whoever thought it up should have been ridiculed, not encouraged...

Comment

• Looking forward to the next Peter Jackson trilogy between the Hobbit and LOTR where nothing happens for a couple decades

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Looking forward to the next Peter Jackson trilogy between the Hobbit and LOTR where nothing happens for a couple decades
                Lol Well, actually, ALOT happened in between the two; but the Tolkien Estate isn't giving up the rights to the Silmarillion, or his other Histories of Middle Earth ... yet.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Star Wars. I don't know, but I have a bad feeling about Jurassic World .. but maybe thats because I've seen JP2 and 3 ...they were horribad.
                  but dude, dinosaurs!!!

JP2 & 3 were bad, but I still enjoy them in a twisted sort of way because...well...dinosaurs!!

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Same here. The only thing I don't like about the new Star Wars movies is that stupid middle-ages inspired long sword light saber. If such a thing existed then surely you would cut off your own limbs in a matter of minutes of swinging it around. It's stupid and whoever thought it up should have been ridiculed, not encouraged...
                    I didn't notice any longer saber, but I did see the stupid cross-guard added to one.

In the expanded Star Wars universe, there are a few cases of variations to the sabers. Short ones existed in the KOTOR franchise and there was actually a whip like one in Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, which was never used in battle but merely referenced. So I guess it's not complete blasphemy for them to added modifications, but it is still stupid.

Comment

• Longsword

Looks like a longsword to me. A longsword is a double edged sword, with a grip long enough to be used with two hands, a cross guard and a pommel. This lightsaber checks all those boxes... Maybe the grip is too short for two hands, maybe not. Either way, it's a stupid looking thing in my opinion.

Comment

Looks like a longsword to me. A longsword is a double edged sword, with a grib long enough to be used with two hands, a crossguard and a pommel. This lightsaber checks all those boxes... Maybe the grip is too short for two hands, maybe not. Either way, it's a stupid looking thing in my opinion.
                        Ok we are talking about the same thing. I'd have to say the handle looks normal length, but the cross guard is completely stupid. I've always thought that the handle would be long enough for either 1 or 2 handed grips.

Lots of 2 handed fight scenes out there:

Semi-Related, but I want one.

PS - Totally insane the amount of Star Wars/lightsaber stuff on the internet.

PPS - I totally love Star Wars.

Comment

Ok we are talking about the same thing. I'd have to say the handle looks normal length, but the cross guard is completely stupid. I've always thought that the handle would be long enough for either 1 or 2 handed grips.

Lots of 2 handed fight scenes out there:

PS - Totally insane the amount of Star Wars/lightsaber stuff on the internet.

PPS - I totally love Star Wars.
                          Let me burn through these points:
                          • I think it was long enough (leaving myself open to a penis joke there I'd imagine).
                          • Those other handles look longer than this one.
                          • Yeah, the fan following is crazy. I'm no more into these movies than any other movie but I did find swords really cool as a kid. I think it started with Conan (where the hell is my reboot? They reboot everything else) and progressed to Highlander(Ryan Reynolds, don't screw this up) and so on.
                          • Yeah, I like them all as well. I liked the last trilogy despite some loud negative criticism about those three.
                          • Last picture made me laugh

Comment

Let me burn through these points:
                            • I think it was long enough (leaving myself open to a penis joke there I'd imagine).
                            • Those other handles look longer than this one.
                            • Yeah, the fan following is crazy. I'm no more into these movies than any other movie but I did find swords really cool as a kid. I think it started with Conan (where the hell is my reboot? They reboot everything else) and progressed to Highlander(Ryan Reynolds, don't screw this up) and so on.
                            • Yeah, I like them all as well. I liked the last trilogy despite some loud negative criticism about those three.
                            • Last picture made me laugh
                            I'll leave the penis joke hanging.

I have read about a dozen Star Wars books and was very into KOTOR 1 & 2, so very into the expanded universe (highly recommend the Darth Bane trilogy).

I thought they did a Conan remake? I would definitely like a new Highlander too.

My biggest issue with the last trilogy, is that the skimmed over what should have been the entire trilogy (which I guess is a pretty big issue to have with it). The final "betrayal" didn't have any impact because their entire relationship was built off-screen (more or less during the break between Ep 2 and 3 and a bit between 1 & 2). Instead of watching pod races, and the impacts of trade embargoes on galactic policy/relations, the movies should have been:
                            Ep 1 - the awkward relation between Obi Wan and Anakin as they are suddenly thrown together and watch how it builds into a brotherly love
                            Ep 2 - the epicness of their missions in the Clone Wars and further strengthen the brotherly bond, with the first hints of his feelings for Padme
                            Ep 3 - the internal struggle for Anakin as he tries to align his feelings for Padme with the lessons he learned from Obi Wan and ultimately, the path that led to his betrayal.

I have high hopes for the Star Wars future, because their is a ton of great stories out there (in novel or video game) to drawn from.

Comment

• A couple funny spoofs:

Comment

I'll leave the penis joke hanging.

I have read about a dozen Star Wars books and was very into KOTOR 1 & 2, so very into the expanded universe (highly recommend the Darth Bane trilogy).

I thought they did a Conan remake? I would definitely like a new Highlander too.

My biggest issue with the last trilogy, is that the skimmed over what should have been the entire trilogy (which I guess is a pretty big issue to have with it). The final "betrayal" didn't have any impact because their entire relationship was built off-screen (more or less during the break between Ep 2 and 3 and a bit between 1 & 2). Instead of watching pod races, and the impacts of trade embargoes on galactic policy/relations, the movies should have been:
                                Ep 1 - the awkward relation between Obi Wan and Anakin as they are suddenly thrown together and watch how it builds into a brotherly love
                                Ep 2 - the epicness of their missions in the Clone Wars and further strengthen the brotherly bond, with the first hints of his feelings for Padme
                                Ep 3 - the internal struggle for Anakin as he tries to align his feelings for Padme with the lessons he learned from Obi Wan and ultimately, the path that led to his betrayal.

I have high hopes for the Star Wars future, because their is a ton of great stories out there (in novel or video game) to drawn from.
                                KOTOR 1 & 2 were great.

If there was a Conan remake it couldn't have been that good. I missed it completely.

I think my advantage was I entered the second trilogy with no expectations as to what it should be and instead accepted it for what it was. I'm sure it could have been better but I was happy with it overall.

Comment

Working...
                                X