• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    5 wins in 12 tries.

Plan the mutha-flippin' parade!!!!
    WINS
    - Boston (tanker, missing Rondo)
    - Milwaukee (bubble team, missing multiple players)
    - Utah (tanker, missing Burke)
    - Memphis (bubble team, in complete disarray)
    - Philly (tanker, missing Young)

LOSSES
    - Atlanta
    - Miami
    - Charlotte
    - Indiana
    - Houston
    - Chicago
    - Portland
    --> every playoff team (6) & a playoff hopeful (Charlotte, without Jefferson)

Umm.. tank parade, perhaps.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Please do....dig them all up!! Did i say Bargnani was going to be some star??? I said MAYBE we could make it work if we tried a different role (a la 6th man type). You sir keep bringing this silly shit up about me thinking Bargnani was going to be an all-star. OBVIOUSLY i hoped he would turn out to be a good player and as a fan i gave him time. However, you and i both know that there were MANY fans who thought the guy was going to be an all-star. Did you ever read me say something like that??

I'm really flad you responded though, because my post was actually for people like you. As you were, HATER.
      Enough of the personal attacks. Just because a poster disagrees with your opinion about DeRozan, does not mean they hate the player or yourself.

Show a little respect to your fellow posters.

Comment

• Craiger wrote: View Post
        Umm haven't the tankers been predicting this team would be mediocre? Aren't they playing slightly less than mediocre ball? So far many of the 'tankers' have been spot on with their assessment of this team.
        Hahaha. Did you tankers predit New York OR Brooklyn to be worse?? You do realize we're currently in 4th (nice to be able to say that)......Aren't we supposed to be a 7th or 8th seed??? LOL You guys just won't let up. I would love it if you just wished for us to lose and tank in your own minds. Right now our team is scratching and clawing trying to be a good team and all you tankers (not all of you) do is HATE.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          Enough of the personal attacks. Just because a poster disagrees with your opinion about DeRozan, does not mean they hate the player or yourself.

Show a little respect to your fellow posters.
          I apologize. I don't take kindly to threats. Also, we both know that he hates Demar.... who are we kidding here? It probably kills him inside knowing that he was wrong AGAIN. I'm sorry but i feel compelled to point it out.

Comment

Hahaha. Did you tankers predit New York OR Brooklyn to be worse?? You do realize we're currently in 4th (nice to be able to say that)......Aren't we supposed to be a 7th or 8th seed??? LOL You guys just won't let up. I would love it if you just wished for us to lose and tank in your own minds. Right now our team is scratching and clawing trying to be a good team and all you tankers (not all of you) do is HATE.
            I know I didn't predict NY or Brooklyn being worse so far, but I'm not sure thats at all relative to how 'good' Toronto is.

Its also early in the season, and their record and net rating point precisely to them being a mediocre ball club.

If you think the standings after a dozen or so games somehow explains the season away, all the more power to you.

Comment

I know I didn't predict NY or Brooklyn being worse so far, but I'm not sure thats at all relative to how 'good' Toronto is.

Its also early in the season, and their record and net rating point precisely to them being a mediocre ball club.

If you think the standings after a dozen or so games somehow explains the season away, all the more power to you.
              So many psychics on this forum....its sooo awesome! (i'm being sarcastic). I'll leave it at that.....would you argue with someone who doesn't really give a shit about your team?

Comment

So many psychics on this forum....its sooo awesome! (i'm being sarcastic). I'll leave it at that.....would you argue with someone who doesn't really give a shit about your team?
                Clearly I have been.

Comment

Actually, since the entire entity of the Toronto Raptors wouldnt exist without the rest of the league, any 'objective' attribute describing the Raptors would only be relative to the league. This means that in order for the word 'good' to make any sense in the statement 'The Raptors are good', you would have to define 'good' as in relation to other teams now or in the past.

If, the East is really shitty, then relative to the East, the Raptors are Good. You can argue that the Raptors are not Good relative to past Teams, but I would counter-argue that the entire league is different and that changes to the league have worsened the quality of league as a whole, therefor MJ's Bulls cannot be compared to the Raptors due to existing in vastly different contexts (comparing apples to oranges). This means, even if the Raptors talent in your mind is 'bad', yet the Raptors have home court advantage leading into the playoffs, by the only definition worth noting, the Raptors should be considered 'good'.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Actually, since the entire entity of the Toronto Raptors wouldnt exist without the rest of the league, any 'objective' attribute describing the Raptors would only be relative to the league. This means that in order for the word 'good' to make any sense in the statement 'The Raptors are good', you would have to define 'good' as in relation to other teams now or in the past.

If, the East is really shitty, then relative to the East, the Raptors are Good. You can argue that the Raptors are not Good relative to past Teams, but I would counter-argue that the entire league is different and that changes to the league have worsened the quality of league as a whole, therefor MJ's Bulls cannot be compared to the Raptors due to existing in vastly different contexts (comparing apples to oranges). This means, even if the Raptors talent in your mind is 'bad', yet the Raptors have home court advantage leading into the playoffs, by the only definition worth noting, the Raptors should be considered 'good'.
                    The Raptors record and net rating, against the league right now is mediocre.

The Raptors record against the east as a whole is marginally better, but still easily defined as mediocre (6th of 15 - where 7.5 would be exactly average).

And the Raptors record against its division is even better than against the league and east, but its still only 2 wins above last.

None of those should require a definition of 'good'.

Comment

The Raptors record against the east as a whole is marginally better, but still easily defined as mediocre (6th of 15 - where 7.5 would be exactly average).

And the Raptors record against its division is even better than against the league and east, but its still only 2 wins above last.

oh dont get me wrong, im not saying that the Raptors are good (Though they can be if they end up at the 4th seed with above .500 record).

I was just making a point about how 'good' HAS to be relative to the rest of the league. And so you would be correct to use record comparisons between the East and the Raptors to define them as one way or the other.
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Some people just go out of their way to shit on their "team"..... We understand your a Pro-tanker, but you can also like your team and support your current players. All your doing is pointing out what we can all see with our own eyes (with only 12 games played so far). Would you like an award for it? There comes a time where you just have to support your team.

This site has too many people who come on here thinking its cool to shit on our team and our players. If you don't like this team why not take a break until the team resembles the team you want? Why come on here with your constant negativity?

Comment

I apologize. I don't take kindly to threats. Also, we both know that he hates Demar.... who are we kidding here? It probably kills him inside knowing that he was wrong AGAIN. I'm sorry but i feel compelled to point it out.
                          You don't know one bloody thing.

You have preconceived notions about what and who I hate.

I'll tell you what I hate: people who don't read my posts and attempt to create false statements as to what I hate.

Find me a post where I said I hate DeRozan. You won't. In fact, you'll find a lot of the opposite for his qualities outside the basketball court and training habits.

Find me posts where I hope he succeeds. You will because its true. Whether he stays or goes it is in the Raptors best interests.

Find me posts where I'm critical of his game because he is an inefficient volume scorer who is average at best and provides little else to the team. You will find boat loads.

So please get your facts straight and quite copping out on discussion by labeling some a "HATER" because they do not share your opinion.

Comment

If you don't like this team why not take a break until the team resembles the team you want?
                            You accused people of not being "real fans", and now you're proposing people become bandwagon jumpers?

Comment

This site has too many people who come on here thinking its cool to shit on our team and our players. If you don't like this team why not take a break until the team resembles the team you want?
                              I understand how it can sound like that at times, but I think most of us like the team and the players. Yes, some people get emotional and overly critical at times, but it's frustration with the team's construction. I mean, what if you had 2 right shoes? You might like them both, but you're like "WTF Colangelo? Why did you think 2 right shoes was a good idea?"

Comment

Please do....dig them all up!! Did i say Bargnani was going to be some star??? I said MAYBE we could make it work if we tried a different role (a la 6th man type). You sir keep bringing this silly shit up about me thinking Bargnani was going to be an all-star. OBVIOUSLY i hoped he would turn out to be a good player and as a fan i gave him time. However, you and i both know that there were MANY fans who thought the guy was going to be an all-star. Did you ever read me say something like that??

I'm really glad you responded though, because my post was actually for people like you. As you were, HATER.
                                Dude will you chill out? You're making the non tankers look bad. I remember when i used to lash out at people who used to bash the team wanting to tank. Just ignore it and watch the team play, you can't argue on opinion based matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X