Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th seed in the East? Atlantic Division Leaders? Check and Check!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    raps are looking better day by day. nobody said this team is perfect. The one thing they've shown is that they have a lot of room for improvement. so to all you tankers remember, slow progress is still progress.
    Love your avatar.

Comment

• The miserable years that followed 2006-07 happened because of the terrible trades and free agent signings by the front office, not because Raps won the Atlantic. Winning a division is never a bad thing, even a truly awful one as the 2013-14 Atlantic.
      I think it's safe to say MU will not sign Turkoglu, trade Hibbert for O'Neill or any of the other terrible moves that led to our demise.
      I will agree with all you tankers that the easiest way of securing All-Star talent is through the draft, but one slight problem. There is NO way in hell you have a worse record than Utah, Milwaukee, Sacramento, Boston or Philly whatever you do. And that's even if you unload Gay, Lowry and Derozen for 10 cents on the dollar. So realistically you are looking at the 6th worst record (at best). Sorry, but that would be a big gamble that the 6th pick in 2014 draft is our savior.
      I'd much rather let MU do his magic, and make only the moves he feels make the team better, make the playoffs and take my shot at the draft with the 15-20th pick.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Nobody wants a repeat of 2006-07, and the truly miserable years that followed

Comment

• I really feel like Tim/Massai only really want Wiggins. So why not make the playoffs for couple years and than sign him? By us being competitive for a couple chances would make us even more attractive as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          "It's early, but the Blazers, Spurs and the rest of the West are dominating the East 42-17 in the first month and 18-1 in the past eight days"
          yadda yadda its early but i'm keeping my eye on the trailblazers. they've been beating teams they've historically never been able to (kings twice already, suns once, etc) while have always been really good against actual good teams ala bulls and the spurs.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Not much point on playoff experience for JVal if he has to wait another 5-6 years to get back there... when he is 27.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
            Matt no disrespect intended but I could not disagree more. Once young players get that taste they want more . One reason (not the only one) that CB left was that he got that taste and wanted more. BC is no longer the GM and I suspect we will have more calculated moves and less puff....puff I would call BC offering Steve Nash $36N guaranteed or HT $50M. Perhaps we can even win the Atlantic and have two first round picks this year? I would call that a win for all tankers and non-tankers.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I really feel like Tim/Massai only really want Wiggins. So why not make the playoffs for couple years and than sign him? By us being competitive for a couple chances would make us even more attractive as well.

I have had the same thought. He might not be a stud for 3 -4 years and for all you tankers we could be up to 9 years without playoffs. That is simply unacceptable.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Bryan Colangelo just called from 2007.
                MU is no BC.

Comment

I really feel like Tim/Massai only really want Wiggins. So why not make the playoffs for couple years and than sign him? By us being competitive for a couple chances would make us even more attractive as well.

How do you make the playoffs when as soon as Boston, Philly, NY, or BKN get it together you are automatically out of the playoffs?

How do you make the playoffs if/when Lowry or Gay walk?

How do you improve beyond this season with no flexibility assuming Lowry and Gay return?

Keep rooting for the team BC built.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    MU is no BC.
                    Yet people praising a sub .500 4th seed are cheering the very roster BC built and that got him fired.

Strange days in RaptorLand.

Comment

I have had the same thought. He might not be a stud for 3 -4 years and for all you tankers we could be up to 9 years without playoffs. That is simply unacceptable.
                      During which time the Raptors keep acquiring more talent/assets via the draft and MU can continue rounding out the roster with value contracts.

If your goal is only the playoffs every year you might as well cheer for the Bucks or the Hawks. *I think that is fair considering the number of people who have questioned me as a fan of Toronto*

By the way the earliest Toronto could sign Wiggins will be 5 years and the more likely is 8-9.

Comment

Matt no disrespect intended but I could not disagree more. Once young players get that taste they want more . One reason (not the only one) that CB left was that he got that taste and wanted more. BC is no longer the GM and I suspect we will have more calculated moves and less puff....puff I would call BC offering Steve Nash $36N guaranteed or HT $50M. Perhaps we can even win the Atlantic and have two first round picks this year? I would call that a win for all tankers and non-tankers.
                        No worries - disagree away.

I think Bosh knew he wasn't going to do anything on his own with a roster that was capped out and after BC made two colossal mistakes (JO and Hedon't). Plus he had the chance to be third wheel to LBJ and Wade after planning it for years. Funny how all 3 had 3rd year opt outs in a time when that was not the norm.

Where is the 2nd 1st round pick coming this season?

Comment

How do you make the playoffs when as soon as Boston, Philly, NY, or BKN get it together you are automatically out of the playoffs?

How do you make the playoffs if/when Lowry or Gay walk?

How do you improve beyond this season with no flexibility assuming Lowry and Gay return?

Keep rooting for the team BC built.
                          Did really say when Philly gets it together? Lol

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Did really say when Philly gets it together? Lol

Lets see what assets they get from Turner, Hawes, and Young.

Never mind they likely drafted the rookie of the year plus they have their other lottery pick on the shelf for the year with 2 likely lottery picks coming this season.

Oh yes, you laugh.

I'll remember this in 2015 when the Raps are still stuck in the mud or, more likely, starting a rebuild while Philly is building a contender that lasts for a decade.

Funny enough they actually have as many wins as Toronto. Too funny.

Comment

Lets see what assets they get from Turner, Hawes, and Young.

Never mind they likely drafted the rookie of the year plus they have their other lottery pick on the shelf for the year with 2 likely lottery picks coming this season.

Oh yes, you laugh.

I'll remember this in 2015 when the Raps are still stuck in the mud or, more likely, starting a rebuild while Philly is building a contender that lasts for a decade.

Funny enough they actually have as many wins as Toronto. Too funny.
                              Oh your talking about 2 years down. I thought you meant this year. Looking ahead is Massai's job I could care less.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Oh your talking about 2 years down. I thought you meant this year. Looking ahead is Massai's job I could care less.

That is kind of the point.

Most people upset with the current standings are looking 2 years down the road.
                                Most people upset still vividly remember winning a banner in a weak division with no where to go but down.

This glee about being a 4th seed with a 6-7 record in the top draft of the last 11 years is like buying a new PS4 or XBox when the power bill is past due and power is going to be disconnected tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X