Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iman Shumpert

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Iman Shumpert

looks like he wants out of NY and NY wants to trade him. I think he would be great for this team. it would be very nice to have a Defensive point guard.

/thoughts

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the greatest group of comments I read was a Shumpert for Faried trade rumour

They basically read as follows (paraphrasing):

"this is a very one sided deal, but we have a hole to fill and should take the trade anyways"

- Knicks fans

I almost died laughing

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shumpert isn't a point guard.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

If we could get iman and faried or iman and the guy from Houston. Plus a draft pick in there and go after ender wiggins lol I would be happy

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    If we could get iman and faried or iman and the guy from Houston. Plus a draft pick in there and go after ender wiggins lol I would be happy
    Howard? Harden? Morey?

Post Thanks / Like

Asik lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What do u call a point guard? Is derick fisher a point guard or Marc Jacksonor billups ? Just need a big guard who plays d can bring the ball up the floor and hit the open shot.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry for Shumpert type would be awesome, but no way.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder though, would the Knicks bite on:

Gay
    Lowry

for

Shumpert
    STAT

Melo was more effective at the 4 than the 3 by most metrics last year, this would leave them with a lineup of

Lowry
    JR Smith
    Gay
    Melo
    Chandler

With Felton and Bargnani coming off the bench. It's better than what they have now and they'd also free themselves of STAT's contract.

STAT can hardly play so we'd just sit him all year and run Shumpert at PG. We'd be able to really get the tank revved up with a lineup of

Shumpert
    Ross
    DD
    Amir
    Val

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What do u call a point guard? Is derick fisher a point guard or Marc Jacksonor billups ? Just need a big guard who plays d can bring the ball up the floor and hit the open shot.
    If the goal is to rid ourselves of long-term contracts and lose games in the short-term, then sure, Shumpert's a point guard. Heck, even Fields is a point guard in that sense
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This

why would we want another wing player? isnt 2 high volume shooting iso centric wings, a raw freakish athletic shooter wing and a recovering stand up comic with a bad elbow from NY enough?

Shumpert played point out of necessity one year and he broke his knee or some shit forgot what happened and the Knicks yet again exited in the 1st round We got the best thing from NY besides Chandler in Novak I dont want Masai to do anymore business with them.

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    This

why would we want another wing player? isnt 2 high volume shooting iso centric wings, a raw freakish athletic shooter wing and a recovering stand up comic with a bad elbow from NY enough?

Shumpert played point out of necessity one year and he broke his knee or some shit forgot what happened and the Knicks yet again exited in the 1st round We got the best thing from NY besides Chandler in Novak I dont want Masai to do anymore business with them.
    Masai's number probably got blacklisted by them after the AB trade

13. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Iman reminds me of Alvin williams

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    I wonder though, would the Knicks bite on:
    Gay
    Lowry

for

Shumpert
    STAT
    That might be the most legitimate trade scenario that I've seen involving Rudy Gay. I think, though, that we aren't getting quite enough back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    That might be the most legitimate trade scenario that I've seen involving Rudy Gay. I think, though, that we aren't getting quite enough back.
    Yeah that's actually my qualm with it because Shumpert isn't THAT good of a prospect. The problem is the Knicks can't trade any more of their picks. And their only other prospect of merit is also a 2.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Iman reminds me of Alvin williams
    I get what you're saying. He's a hard nosed defensive minded gaurd that reminds me a bit of Tony Allen. But Tony Allen looks good in a starting lineup if he has 4 really good players around him. Would love Iman on our bench, but I'd pass on him as a starter on this team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Yeah that's actually my qualm with it because Shumpert isn't THAT good of a prospect. The problem is the Knicks can't trade any more of their picks. And their only other prospect of merit is also a 2.
    You have to figure the Knicks would think long and hard at just Gay alone for Shumpert and Stat.

Felton
    Smith
    Gay
    Anthony
    Chandler

It isn't the team I'd want, but it's interesting. They'd have a quickness advantage at the four and a size advantage at the three essentially every night. And by keeping Lowry, it isn't as much of a transparent tank job.

Really, which team would say no to this trade? Are we still not getting enough back?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NY may ask for a lot from any Shumpert trade.. more than he's probably worth. He was really good in his first year but after he tore his ACL I don't know if he's the same guy he once was. So there is risk there.

Because Shumpert has a rookie contract, NY will most likely want to bundle someone like Amare with him in any trade.. That automatically makes any trade really bad also. Amare has the worst contract in the NBA. He can't play and has 2 years of guaranteed money at $21M and $23M. He can opt out like Gay can in his final year, but this may be his last big contract. I don't think he opts out. At least Gay can play. Once you get Amare you are stuck with his contract for at least 2 years. Even when you tank that's throwing your flexibility out the door. No way would I take him just to take Shumpert.

If they consider trading someone like Felton with him then I could get convinced to trade for him. Lowry for Felton/Shumpert works. Felton has a pretty good contract for 3 years at about $3M per. His final year is a player option. He's a good veteran PG that won't really move the dial for Toronto with respect to wins/losses. He should also be easy to move to a contender who might need a PG for insurance. NY might consider that a laugher though but Lowry will have an expiring contract which can help them in the offseason. Toronto could throw in a 2nd round pick.. other than that, there really isn't anything to talk about unless you want to swap Shumpert with Ross.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    You have to figure the Knicks would think long and hard at just Gay alone for Shumpert and Stat.

Felton
    Smith
    Gay
    Anthony
    Chandler

It isn't the team I'd want, but it's interesting. They'd have a quickness advantage at the four and a size advantage at the three essentially every night. And by keeping Lowry, it isn't as much of a transparent tank job.

Really, which team would say no to this trade? Are we still not getting enough back?
    Smith, Gay, and Melo in the starting lineup? if DD and Gay can't work, how would this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Smith, Gay, and Melo in the starting lineup? if DD and Gay can't work, how would this?
    I don't think it would, but it seems like the kind of thing the Knicks would do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information