Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Iman reminds me of Alvin williams
    I get what you're saying. He's a hard nosed defensive minded gaurd that reminds me a bit of Tony Allen. But Tony Allen looks good in a starting lineup if he has 4 really good players around him. Would love Iman on our bench, but I'd pass on him as a starter on this team.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
      Yeah that's actually my qualm with it because Shumpert isn't THAT good of a prospect. The problem is the Knicks can't trade any more of their picks. And their only other prospect of merit is also a 2.
      You have to figure the Knicks would think long and hard at just Gay alone for Shumpert and Stat.

Felton
      Smith
      Gay
      Anthony
      Chandler

It isn't the team I'd want, but it's interesting. They'd have a quickness advantage at the four and a size advantage at the three essentially every night. And by keeping Lowry, it isn't as much of a transparent tank job.

Really, which team would say no to this trade? Are we still not getting enough back?
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

NY may ask for a lot from any Shumpert trade.. more than he's probably worth. He was really good in his first year but after he tore his ACL I don't know if he's the same guy he once was. So there is risk there.

Because Shumpert has a rookie contract, NY will most likely want to bundle someone like Amare with him in any trade.. That automatically makes any trade really bad also. Amare has the worst contract in the NBA. He can't play and has 2 years of guaranteed money at $21M and $23M. He can opt out like Gay can in his final year, but this may be his last big contract. I don't think he opts out. At least Gay can play. Once you get Amare you are stuck with his contract for at least 2 years. Even when you tank that's throwing your flexibility out the door. No way would I take him just to take Shumpert.

If they consider trading someone like Felton with him then I could get convinced to trade for him. Lowry for Felton/Shumpert works. Felton has a pretty good contract for 3 years at about $3M per. His final year is a player option. He's a good veteran PG that won't really move the dial for Toronto with respect to wins/losses. He should also be easy to move to a contender who might need a PG for insurance. NY might consider that a laugher though but Lowry will have an expiring contract which can help them in the offseason. Toronto could throw in a 2nd round pick.. other than that, there really isn't anything to talk about unless you want to swap Shumpert with Ross.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          You have to figure the Knicks would think long and hard at just Gay alone for Shumpert and Stat.

Felton
          Smith
          Gay
          Anthony
          Chandler

It isn't the team I'd want, but it's interesting. They'd have a quickness advantage at the four and a size advantage at the three essentially every night. And by keeping Lowry, it isn't as much of a transparent tank job.

Really, which team would say no to this trade? Are we still not getting enough back?
          Smith, Gay, and Melo in the starting lineup? if DD and Gay can't work, how would this?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
            Smith, Gay, and Melo in the starting lineup? if DD and Gay can't work, how would this?
            I don't think it would, but it seems like the kind of thing the Knicks would do.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If I'm New York, I'm never taking a call from Masai Ujiri again.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                I wonder though, would the Knicks bite on:

Gay
                Lowry

for

Shumpert
                STAT

Melo was more effective at the 4 than the 3 by most metrics last year, this would leave them with a lineup of

Lowry
                JR Smith
                Gay
                Melo
                Chandler

With Felton and Bargnani coming off the bench. It's better than what they have now and they'd also free themselves of STAT's contract.

STAT can hardly play so we'd just sit him all year and run Shumpert at PG. We'd be able to really get the tank revved up with a lineup of

Shumpert
                Ross
                DD
                Amir
                Val
                I can't really think of a worse deal for Toronto
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                  Masai's number probably got blacklisted by them after the AB trade
                  heh, the one that brought um the guy whos second in team scoring and has a FG% higher than anyone on Tooronto?

Im certain they would listen

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    heh, the one that brought um the guy whos second in team scoring and has a FG% higher than anyone on Tooronto?

Im certain they would listen
                    Yup also the one who plays the worst help D in the entire league. Every point he scores he gives up on the other end

Comment

Rudy + Fields for Amare and Shumpert.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        That's actually interesting.. we get to dump Fields early, get a reasonable asset in Shumpert and be closer to tanking. I just don't see MU being able to explain this trade to the media/fans without using the word tank.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          That's actually interesting.. we get to dump Fields early, get a reasonable asset in Shumpert and be closer to tanking. I just don't see MU being able to explain this trade to the media/fans without using the word tank.
                          I don't see how this is putting us in a position of tanking. If Amare can maintain a good level of play, I mean he's Amare Stoudemire afterall. This would give us a pretty good frontcourt. Shumpert can be a really good defender and I could see him start alongside DeMar on the wings.

Valanciunas/Johnson/Gray
                          Stoudemire/Hansbrough/Acy
                          Shumpert/Novak/Daye
                          DeRozan/Ross/Stone
                          Lowry/Buycks/Augustin

Maybe we could get picks out of this trade too?

Comment

Guys, the Amare/Rudy trade where we get Shumpert is a terrible idea on so many levels.

1.) We have to take Amar'e, who should really just retire already
                            2.) Shumpert is not playing like he did in his rookie year - like, at all - and we should learn our lesson about hoping players reclaim their rookie form already
                            3.) New York has no picks to give, like, at all

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Why do we want Amar'e again?
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

He's a proven all star

Comment

Working...
                                X