No announcement yet.

Offseason Needs - Amir Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for my curt tone. But basically, if MLSE is unwilling to go above the tax, or only go slightly above it, then there is no real chance of heading to the ECF unless someone other than Bosh suddenly massively outperforms their contract (e.g., Demar morphing into Kobe next season, Bargs into the C version of Dirk.)

Dallas is spending 90 mil on their roster. Celtics 85 mil. Cavs 83 mil. Lakers 91 mil. Raptors spending 68 mil. So if MLSE is serious about competing, they will need to step their game up substantially. And Toronto is a far richer market than several of the above teams, so there is limited excuse for cheapness.

If they are unwilling to go above the tax, then it means they do not truly want to compete, so it doesn't really matter whether Bosh stays or not.

Comment

I think MLSE will be willing to pay the luxury tax for a team that is expected to make a long playoff run.

But for a first round exit? I doubt it ... and I don't think they should either.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
        I think MLSE will be willing to pay the luxury tax for a team that is expected to make a long playoff run.

But for a first round exit? I doubt it ... and I don't think they should either.
        I agree 100%. MLSE had no problem paying luxury tax after the Raptors lost game seven of round two.

Comment

Without Shaq tonight Hickson will get some decent burn.

The Cavs will be playing three pretty good PF's all night, Jamison, Varejao and Hickson tonight.

Hopefully Johnson doesn't get himself into foul trouble. If he stays on the court this game will be a good indication of where he is at versus some good Power Forwards.

I like Hickson's game a lot . He is younger than Johnson and right now has a far more varied game on offense.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            I like Hickson's game a lot . He is younger than Johnson and right now has a far more varied game on offense.
            Buddahfan, could explain this a little more? From appearances and from numbers their offense is similar. They both get points at the rim and are both just awful shooters; Hickson jumpers = .284 eFG%. Amir's are marginally worse (.257 eFG%).

Comment

Working...
            X