Is anthony bennett even worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrub wrote: View Post
    Nobody is anything when they are less than 20 games into their career.
    Sometimes they. And with a first overall pick, at minimum you want to see some flashes. But 13.5% fg! Good lord! What's the opposite of a flash? Whatever it is, Bennet's been showing that.

And one thing that you can't argue:

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    he's fat
    Not a good sign. Doesn't mean he can't be a good player, but it's definitely not a good sign.

I'd be kinda pissed if I were a Cavs fan.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      Sometimes they are. And with a first overall pick, at minimum you want to see some flashes. But 13.5% fg! Good lord! What's the opposite of a flash? Whatever it is, Bennet's been showing that.

And one thing that you can't argue:

He's fat.

Not a good sign. Doesn't mean he can't be a good player, but it's definitely not a good sign.

I'd be kinda pissed if I were a Cavs fan.
      Well, those are two seperate issues.
      I would be disappointed too, doesn't mean he won't work out.

Players get out of shape when they are injured.
      Out of rhythm.
      Face it, the kid is in more or less the worst-case scenario:

Making his NBA debut injured? Check
      Lofty expectations of #1 pick? Check
      Logjam at his position? Check
      New (and seemingly quite bad) coach? Check
      Poor organization? Check
      Issues in the locker room? Check

He could be bad.
      Don't get me wrong.
      But assessing him based on what we've seen, considering what we know, could be a big mistake.

Comment

Get rid of Rudy, acquire Bennett/Bynum/Filler (Salary Reasons)

Waive Bynum.

I'm failing to see where we're not getting the better long-term out of this, truthfully.

And then we move Lowry, since he'd likely walk anyways, might as well pick up something for him.

Comment

Face it, the kid is in more or less the worst-case scenario
          Totally agree.

And this...

Lofty expectations of #1 pick?
          ...could even be expanded: he was the #1 pick in a year with no blue chipper, which is never fun for anyone, as we all know first-hand. Plus, he wasn't even really in the conversation as the #1 pick leading up to the draft, which partially sets the fan base against you from moment one. Plus, there's the weight of being the first Canadian #1 pick.

And, his historically low fg% is coming from a lot of 3pta. Anyone who shoots knows that your shot can go out the window if your head isn't right.

Hopefully, we've just seen the worst start that he possible could have had.
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              Wow. That was like watching a snuff film.

Godawful shot selection, and he gets blocked ALOT. But, nice form on his jumper.
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                Wow. That was like watching a snuff film.

Godawful shot selection, and he gets blocked ALOT. But, nice form on his jumper.
                Excellent form on his jumper.
                It might the smoothest I've ever seen in such a bulky frame.
                That's the biggest reason I think it would be foolish to give up on him, despite everything else.

Comment

he's hilariously out of shape. it's been said, but the cavs should have worked him into the rotation a lot slower.

add to that his confidence is clearly at an all time low what with the stupid cleveland fans booing him and you've got yourself a player having a really rough go.

bring him in, Masai.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he needs to stop taking so many long 2's though. attack the basket more. get your confidence up.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oh dear. I knew he had a bad start to to the season, but I had no idea it was THAT bad. You can see the first few 3-point attempts, he's just a little long which is normal for guys trying to find their NBA range, and you think it'll just take some time to work through, but then they just get worse and worse. The lack of finish around the basket is really bad though. He just looks like he has no hops, which wasn't a problem in college. Get him in shape and I think he'll be fine.

And yeah, I'd be in favour of the Raptors getting him. It's the sort of low risk, high reward pick-up that a team needs to make a few of.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                        Why do you say this in every post? Can't you just put it in your sig?
                        It is my sig when I use the app, or would you prefer I use this generic "from the TappaTak app"?

Why do you even care?
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          It is my sig when I use the app, or would you prefer I use this generic "from the TappaTak app"?

Why do you even care?
                          Idk it's just annoying, carry on though.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                            Idk it's just annoying, carry on though.
                            Not as annoying as someone who nitpicks every post for no tangible reason.

This team's success will come from the block; low post, high post and trade.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Not as annoying as someone who nitpicks every post for no tangible reason.

This team's success will come from the block; low post, high post and trade.
                              Don't speak about yourself in the 3rd person please

Comment

LOOL Nosike's been getting hate since day one. cant blame you guys tho
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X