The case for Josh Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case for Josh Smith

As you all know I'm a huge supporter of Rudy Gay on this team. Even I can notice that he just doesn't fit well on this team. Even though his tried but a zebra can not simply change his stripes after 8 seasons.

Rudy Gay isn't the only player from the 04' American High School class that's struggling so far. Josh Smith the big time signing of the Detroit Pistons this past summer is having a hard time in the motor city. For some reason Joe Dumars though that J Smoove could play the 3. Well he was wrong. Extremely wrong! Detroit has started 4-8. The combination of Smith/Monroe/Drummond has been so bad that tonight they brought their prized free agent off the bench.

Can you smell the blood in the water Massai? I sure can. I say trade up trade for Gay and Smith. I don't if it will works under the books but those two have to be headliners in the trade. Both these guys don't fit on their teams. Its time for a change of location for both. December 15th is when it's possible. Hopefully Rudy catches on to the new team concept and this won't be necessary but right now it seems necessary. Discuss....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

If you don't know if it works why not look it up before posting?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      If you don't know if it works why not look it up before posting?
      It's midnight? lol night.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I want nothing to do with josh smith. Get me Monroe instead.

Comment

We all saw this coming with Josh Smith. If they play him at 3, he'll do nothing but jack up 3's. And that's exactly what he's doing.

Even if I wanted to do this trade, I don't think it's possible. I think the Pistons have finally realized that Smith is not a 3, hence bringing him off the bench.

Monroe is definitely the odd one out.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            We all saw this coming with Josh Smith. If they play him at 3, he'll do nothing but jack up 3's. And that's exactly what he's doing.

Even if I wanted to do this trade, I don't think it's possible. I think the Pistons have finally realized that Smith is not a 3, hence bringing him off the bench.

Monroe is definitely the odd one out.
            Yep, and he will require an extension before next season. Why would Detroit extend him if they have already signed Smith to a long term contract? They certainly aren't gonna roll with the status quo, so Monroe seems most likely to be moved. Gay for Charlie V, Stuckey and Monroe works in the trade machine, but not sure Detroit does this trade now. I'm not sure swapping Gay for Monroe solves anything for Detroit, other than get Smith to the 4.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              Yep, and he will require an extension before next season. Why would Detroit extend him if they have already signed Smith to a long term contract? They certainly aren't gonna roll with the status quo, so Monroe seems most likely to be moved. Gay for Charlie V, Stuckey and Monroe works in the trade machine, but not sure Detroit does this trade now. I'm not sure swapping Gay for Monroe solves anything for Detroit, other than get Smith to the 4.
              Throw in Gray and give them a backup C? Works in the trade machine.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                Throw in Gray and give them a backup C? Works in the trade machine.
                even better, and maybe even throw in Daye or Stone, so we don't have to cut a guy. The trade does seem like it could be beneficial for both teams. Stuckey and CV are expendable of course, and could be used in another package to further up grade the roster. I don't think we have to tank in order to get better. A core of JV, Monroe, DD, and Ross is pretty good going forward...

Comment

Why does everyone think Monroe whose the odd man out? His not the one who got demoted and has his minutes cut.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Why does everyone think Monroe whose the odd man out? His not the one who got demoted and has his minutes cut.

You don't trash the value of the guy you're hoping to trade.

Comment

Also benching was for missing practice

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...r_missing.html

Comment

How is Rudy a bad fit on this team? His flaws are flaws on any team, but he gives you an extra ball handler on the floor when teams are doubling Lowry like they did last night. Notice when Gay went out in the third that Washington made their run? That's because when they forced the ball out of Lowry's hands with a double team it would go to DeMar who has zero handles and promptly picks up his dribble. Gay is also a clutch scorer, can rebound and dish the ball (when he wants too). Gay, Lowry, And JV are our most talented players and the guys I would try to keep if I could. Trade DD and Fields or Amir for Smith:

Lowry
                        Ross
                        Gay
                        Smith
                        JV

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          How is Rudy a bad fit on this team? His flaws are flaws on any team, but he gives you an extra ball handler on the floor when teams are doubling Lowry like they did last night. Notice when Gay went out in the third that Washington made their run? That's because when they forced the ball out of Lowry's hands with a double team it would go to DeMar who has zero handles and promptly picks up his dribble. Gay is also a clutch scorer, can rebound and dish the ball (when he wants too)
                          I just can't believe anybody can watch Gay play and support him.
                          It truly baffles my mind.
                          He ONLY scored in the clutch yesterday.
                          Otherwise, he missed.
                          His bad decisions are what almost put us out the game.
                          They killed all of our momentum, and give them easy buckets.

He is not a good ball handler
                          He dribbles too high, into double teams, and loses the ball.
                          Constantly.

What are you watching?

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                            I just can't believe anybody can watch Gay play and support him.
                            It truly baffles my mind.
                            He ONLY scored in the clutch yesterday.
                            Otherwise, he missed.
                            His bad decisions are what almost put us out the game.
                            They killed all of our momentum, and give them easy buckets.

He is not a good ball handler
                            He dribbles too high, into double teams, and loses the ball.
                            Constantly.

What are you watching?
                            While I agree with this. Rudy does other things to help the team even if his taking bad shots. I actually believe he was under the weather. We wouldn't of one last night without him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              While I agree with this. Rudy does other things to help the team even if his taking bad shots. I actually believe he was under the weather. We wouldn't of one last night without him. Tapatalk
                              I heard that he was sick as well.
                              But even still, if he was, he should have played within himself.
                              Which he never does, which is why I don't like him.
                              I disagree that we wouldn't have won without him.
                              We were playing well before he started dominating the ball, causing turnovers, and killing our momentum.
                              And he was playing poor defense.

We would have won by more without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X