Rudy to OKC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy to OKC?

I had this idea a couple weeks ago and I wanted to know your opinion.

Houston gets Serge Ibaka, Kyle Lowry and Hasheem Thabeet.

OKC gets Rudy Gay, Omer Asik and Amir Johnson.

Toronto gets Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lin and Thabo Sefolosha.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=llkkz6a

Any OKC trade idea should start with a question "Does it put OKC over tax?" And this case it does. They didn't go over tax for James Harden, they won't go over tax for Rudy Gay.

Comment

Not only tax but OKC gets fucked talent wise in this trade too.

Comment

How doe okc get screwed talent wise?

Asik > Perkins
        Gay > sefolosha
        Amir < ibaka

Okc upgrades 2 positions and Amir is no bum either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

YOUNGGUNZ101524 wrote: View Post
          How doe okc get screwed talent wise?

Asik > Perkins
          Gay > sefolosha
          Amir < ibaka

Okc upgrades 2 positions and Amir is no bum either.

When coming up with trade ideas, a major component is thinking about how each franchise works and it's cap structure going forward. It's not as easy as just moving pieces around like fucking Connect Four.

Asik is better than Perkins, but OKC cannot afford to pay Perkins past this summer, and will be amneyisting him. They would lose the right to do that w/ Asik if they picked him up. Plus they have Adams waiting to take the starting C job once Perkins is gone, and he's much more affordable.

Gay is a better scorer than Thabo, but, and this is the key point: OKC doesn't need a lot of scoring. They have 2 guys who are pretty good scorers. Thabo is a 3 and D guy, which is just what they need. Also, they can't afford Gay. They'll have a tough time resigning Thabo this summer.

You're right, Amir is not better than Ibaka. Almost no PF in the game is. And OKC has him locked up. WHY WOULD THEY TRADE HIM???? The only person they would trade him for only has 1 eyebrow, and he's not available.

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
            When coming up with trade ideas, a major component is thinking about how each franchise works and it's cap structure going forward. It's not as easy as just moving pieces around like fucking Connect Four.

Asik is better than Perkins, but OKC cannot afford to pay Perkins past this summer, and will be amneyisting him. They would lose the right to do that w/ Asik if they picked him up. Plus they have Adams waiting to take the starting C job once Perkins is gone, and he's much more affordable.

Gay is a better scorer than Thabo, but, and this is the key point: OKC doesn't need a lot of scoring. They have 2 guys who are pretty good scorers. Thabo is a 3 and D guy, which is just what they need. Also, they can't afford Gay. They'll have a tough time resigning Thabo this summer.

You're right, Amir is not better than Ibaka. Almost no PF in the game is. And OKC has him locked up. WHY WOULD THEY TRADE HIM???? The only person they would trade him for only has 1 eyebrow, and he's not available.
            I'm not disagreeing with anything being said here nor am a I playing connect 4. I was merely talking about the comment made about OKC getting screwed talent wise. That is all.

Comment

[QUOTE=YOUNGGUNZ101524;252684]I'm not disagreeing with anything being said here nor am a I playing connect 4. I was merely talking about the comment made about OKC getting screwed talent wise. That is all.

You're right, it was the OP who was playing Connect Four, not you.

And your comment was accurate, they would be mostly upgrading in talent, my point was that the talent in question probably wouldn't mesh with the existing talent on the court, and definetly wouldn't mesh with the front office and the cap status.

Comment

great trade for OKC. westbrook durant and gay will fit great together when the league moves to playing with two basketballs simultaneously, as has long been rumored. with the offensive genius of scott brooks running the show all i see is championships

Comment

Working...
                X