Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 457

Thread: GT: November 26th - Brooklyn @ Toronto 7pm (Raptors dodge a bullet)

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default GT: November 26th - Brooklyn @ Toronto 7pm (Raptors dodge a bullet)

    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The Brooklyn Nets will try to halt a five-game losing streak without Deron Williams and Brook Lopez on Tuesday night in Toronto.

    The Nets' starting point guard and center are out again with injuries and will not make the trip to face the Atlantic Division-leading Raptors (6-7).

    Williams will miss his third straight game after spraining his left ankle again. He will sit out his fifth contest in six games. Lopez's sprained ankle will sideline him for a sixth straight game.

    The Nets (3-10), who have lost eight of their last nine games, may also be without Andrei Kirilenko and Jason Terry. Kirilenko (back), Terry (knee), Lopez, Williams and Shaun Livingston (head contusion) all did not practice Monday. Livingston, though, is considered probable to play against Toronto.

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...day-vs-raptors

    Unless the Nets have totally capitulated and are wallowing in self pity, the Nets are likely going to come out gunning for the division leading Raptors - one would think.

    A win ends a 5 game slide and moves them to just 2 games out of the Atlantic lead.
    A loss extends the slide to 6 and moves them 4 games out of the Atlantic lead and possibly in to last place in the entire East.

    This is a game with pressure and likely the last easy game they have until the Knicks in Christmas week (unless they have turned their ship around by then). The last time the Raptors faced a game with pressure was when they played themselves in to the playoff discussion last season after the Gay trade. Of course they then went 4-14 before ending the season 7-2 in April.

    Pressure is on Raptors. What cha gonna do brothers?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 26th, 2013 at 07:10 AM.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,710
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a feeling the team will play better without Deron

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm an official member of the RR Tank Brigade, and I've got D.Will in my fantasy league. He's screwing me in more ways than one!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. Like Axel liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm guessing since your started this thread your hoping for a lost, so you can rub how bad this team is to us?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Unless the Nets have totally capitulated and are wallowing in self pity, the Nets are likely going to come out gunning for the division leading Raptors - one would think.

    A win ends a 5 game slide and moves them to just 2 games out of the Atlantic lead.
    A loss extends the slide to 6 and moves them 4 games out of the Atlantic lead and possibly in to last place in the entire East.

    This is a game with pressure and likely the last easy game they have until the Knicks in Christmas week (unless they have turned their ship around by then). The last time the Raptors faced a game with pressure was when they played themselves in to the playoff discussion last season after the Gay trade. Of course they then went 4-14 before ending the season 7-2 in April.

    Pressure is on Raptors. What cha gonna do brothers?
    Calm down Hogan.
    We'll probably win this one. Unless Alan Anderson decides to go HAM on his old team and goes on one of his hot scoring games like we've seen a few times last year.

  7. Like Ambidextrious liked this post
  8. #6
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I'm guessing since your started this thread your hoping for a lost, so you can rub how bad this team is to us?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No Christian. That is your deal.

    I saw a headline on ESPN.com that Lopez and Williams were out tomorrow night so I started a game thread.

    I added a little editorial for shits and giggles with my thoughts.

    The Raptors are not going to be able to go about their games as a quiet under dog anymore.

    We'll see how they handle that.... and for anyone hoping they add another Atlantic division banner to the rafters I hope they do better than last year. (BTW, division banner is a joke).
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Calm down Hogan.
    We'll probably win this one. Unless Alan Anderson decides to go HAM on his old team and goes on one of his hot scoring games like we've seen a few times last year.
    LOL

    I tried to find a short video clip but my 40 second search came up with nothing 15 seconds or less.

    But at least you were thinking it!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  10. Like consmap liked this post
  11. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No Christian. That is your deal.

    I saw a headline on ESPN.com that Lopez and Williams were out tomorrow night so I started a game thread.

    I added a little editorial for shits and giggles with my thoughts.

    The Raptors are not going to be able to go about their games as a quiet under dog anymore.

    We'll see how they handle that.... and for anyone hoping they add another Atlantic division banner to the rafters I hope they do better than last year. (BTW, division banner is a joke).
    Well I'm glad to hear that. Another winnable game. Beat this team boys and show me your not a raptor team of the past.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  12. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LOL

    I tried to find a short video clip but my 40 second search came up with nothing 15 seconds or less.

    But at least you were thinking it!
    Whatchu gonna do when Raptormania runs wild on you?!

  13. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I sense a loss. Reports say hansbrough and Amir are out due to the flu while gay is back in. All DD/gay bricks will not be rebounded by us, which is basically the only reason were not doing extremely horribly.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  14. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    I sense a loss. Reports say hansbrough and Amir are out due to the flu while gay is back in. All DD/gay bricks will not be rebounded by us, which is basically the only reason were not doing extremely horribly.
    ACYACYACYACYACYACYACY!!! Please?

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anytime it seems like it's a for sure win, the raps seem to prove us wrong. So, I won't be making any predictions lol.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    188
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    KG is definitely showing his age, but he seems to always be a Raptor killer/intimidator. I see this game as a pressure-packed litmus test. Gut feeling is a bad loss that turns the season around for NJ. Raptor-fan-pessimissm at its best.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

    @clericalbeats

  17. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As usual i'll be cheering for a Raptors win, but acknowledging that a loss ain't so bad

  18. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Joe Johnson is gonna go at DeRozan, that'll be a fun matchup to watch at least.

    I also want to see if Casey has some sense and uses Julyan Stone a bit in this game (or goes with a bigger lineup with Fields). Don't think Lowry at 6'0 can guard 6'7 Livingston.

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    LOL

    I tried to find a short video clip but my 40 second search came up with nothing 15 seconds or less.

    But at least you were thinking it!
    Look for the close loss to Miami.

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    628
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really, really want to see Psycho-T and KG get in a slap fight. "Hold me back! Hold me back!" *Jason Terry holds KG back. Everyone backpedals while wildly flailing at the air.*

    On the flip side, I thought I would never have to watch Alan Anderson play basketball again. I'm tempted to not even watch, just to avoid him. I can't explain it.

  21. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    734
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The flu

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    I sense a loss. Reports say Hansbrough and Amir are out due to the flu while Gay is back in.
    Good grief. This is one reason why you do not let guys play with the flu. It's contagious! The other reason is that it can kill you if you do not treat it properly. Apparently, the Raptors do not have a team doctor...

    Still, the Nets are so bad right now, you may as well kick them while they're down. They will thank you for it later.

    Please fix the spelling of "November" for this thread, if it's not too late.

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,343
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No Christian. That is your deal.

    I saw a headline on ESPN.com that Lopez and Williams were out tomorrow night so I started a game thread.

    I added a little editorial for shits and giggles with my thoughts.

    The Raptors are not going to be able to go about their games as a quiet under dog anymore.

    We'll see how they handle that.... and for anyone hoping they add another Atlantic division banner to the rafters I hope they do better than last year. (BTW, division banner is a joke).
    Looks quite sad

    Compared to


    I would take it off if it would be up to me.
    #FREE

  23. Like Axel, mcHAPPY liked this post
  24. #20
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,076
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote caccia wrote: View Post
    Good grief. This is one reason why you do not let guys play with the flu. It's contagious! The other reason is that it can kill you if you do not treat it properly. Apparently, the Raptors do not have a team doctor...

    Still, the Nets are so bad right now, you may as well kick them while they're down. They will thank you for it later.

    Please fix the spelling of "November" for this thread, if it's not too late.
    A mod will have to fix.

    I fixed the title in the first post though.

    Sorry.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •