Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: GT: November 26th - Brooklyn @ Toronto 7pm (Raptors dodge a bullet)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at the upcoming schedule... and I see a bunch of potential losses.

Nov 29 vs Miami L
    Dec 1 vs Denver Likely a L, as they've gotten their act in gear 7-3 in last 10
    Dec 3 @Golden State L
    Dec 6 @Phoenix Potential road W, but Phoenix is doing well this season at 7-6
    Dec 8 @Los Angeles Tough road matchup, is Kobe back at this point? Raps probably get 1 of either PHX or LA
    Dec 10 vs San Antonio ...L
    Dec 13 vs Philadelphia Should be a W, but Philly has surprised a lot of teams
    Dec 14 @ Chicago They already beat us w/o D-Rose
    Dec 18 vs Charlotte Clock management loss
    Dec 20 @ Dallas VC drops 28 loss
    Dec 22 @ Oklahoma City Durantula.
    Dec 23 @ San Antonio ...L
    Dec 27 @ NY Knicks Gonna be a split here
    Dec 28 vs NY Knicks "
    Dec 31 @ Chicago No Rose no problem!
    Jan 1 vs Indiana Paul George vs. Paul George lite
    Jan 3 @ Washington Maybe we'll have traded Gay to Washington for 3 second round picks? I can dream, right?
    Jan 5 @ Miami LBJ currently has 70% TS
    Jan 7 @ Indiana Tumble weed gonna get us.

Lets say we beat LA, Philly, Charlotte and split with the Knicks... that puts us at 10-23... even if we beat Phoenix, Washington and take 1 or 2 from the Bulls, thats 13-20. I really can't picture us being any better that after this stretch.
    Last edited by AJ360; Wed Nov 27th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Like Rapstor4Life, Ambidextrious, Axel liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I don't care, I just want him to do something. Now.
    Well unfortunately that's not going to happen. He doesn't dictate when/if he can get return on his players, the market does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    And that Brooklyn team was without Williams, Lopez, Kirilenko and Terry...

Too many negatives to get into, but I was impressed by DeRozan. It's like he's gotten to the point where he's so fed up that he has said "fuck it, I'll do it myself" the past few games... if he played like this consistently (including chipping in on the glass and with assists, as he did tonight), he'd be well worth his $9.5M.
    If DeRozan kept up his play from the last 6 games or so (27ppg-3rpg-3apg on 50% FG and 50% 3PT), he'd be worth nearly a max contract.

He's already worth 9.5M. I don't expect him to maintain the level of play he's been at the last 6 games though, he's scoring with Durant level efficiency.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Kidd's reaction after the game was like, "wow, I'm not the worst coach in the league. Thank god."
    Most NBA experts actually think Casey is the worst coach in the league. The way they were talking or tweeting about this game between Kidd and Casey is a joke.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

I hope DeRozan will find a way how to maintain his level of play.

We all know Demar is hard worker. He put so much time in gym just wasn't able to succeed/improve on the floor. I feel for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Acy with the Reggie Evans "I made this out of my curtains" jacket.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Amir nails that three, then that could have been one of the greatest shitty coaching wins of all time.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    If Amir nails that three, then that could have been one of the greatest shitty coaching wins of all time.
    And if a frog had wings, it wouldn't slap its butt every time it hops.

Gotta have the right players in the right spot. Demar and Novak should be in the corners. If you put a real threat in the corner, then maybe the help doesn't come and Gay makes a bank shot for overtime.
    Last edited by Axel; Wed Nov 27th, 2013 at 08:19 AM.

11. Like Ambidextrious liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Quick, which one of these is the better coach?
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

didn't catch the end of this game last nite

woke up this morning to check final plays

and amir taking threes, novak crashing boards

what in the fuck?

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Still trying to process the aftermath. Remember when Ujiri said day 1 I think that "you'll know by my actions which direction I shall go" (paraphrase).....well this I believe is a seminal moment for that choice if not already made. If MU keeps Dwane after those actions or really in-actions then it just has to be a team breakup....else I am going to have to recharge my logic neurons because stuff is not computing.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we have some talent. This talent just can't play together tho. You put correct pieces and you will be true playoffs team.

But that's the life of Raps fan.

Cock teasing.
    Lies, lies and lies on press conferences.
    Stupid rotations.

Have I missed something?
    Why do you keep using "cock teasing" in reference to a professional sports team? Just weird..

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

trade Gay start DD and ross they play well together and DeMAr is doing a good job of dishing to the corners or back out now.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

just saw another comment about the game last night that made it an even more improbable ending than it was. With 3:13 left and a 101-86 lead, Kidd subbed in Livingston, Pierce and Garnett. Subbed in, not out. Then we went on a 14-1 run. The Nets are f&*%'ed.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be surprised if last night ends up being the turning point for the Nets season.

When your team is in desperate need of a pick-me-up, call the Raptors.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

19. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Link: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ut-last-night/

Article by Andrew Thompson.

"9. The crowd started throwing some boos at Rudy Gay last night. What has happened to this Toronto crowd? Where did this sudden quick trigger booing come from? There are some serious unresolved anger issues with this fanbase.
    "

Huh.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Link: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...ut-last-night/

Article by Andrew Thompson.

"9. The crowd started throwing some boos at Rudy Gay last night. What has happened to this Toronto crowd? Where did this sudden quick trigger booing come from? There are some serious unresolved anger issues with this fanbase.
    "

Huh.
    Either that, or the fanbase's overall basketball IQ is rising. Rudy Gay deserves the boos right now, as the "#1 option", team captain, and closest thing to a veteran.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How come no one's talking about the lineup to start the 4th? because that was disgusting. I mean, Hansbrough, Fields, Novak, Ross, Augustin. Are you kidding me?? and the coach sticked with that lineup for a good 4 MINUTES.

What the hell is Dwane Casey trying to prove there??
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

23. Like Ambidextrious, Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Thompson did notice that Valanciunas doesn't get good post position, a point I've made recently around here, but I think it's because he's too weak, not that he's "letting smaller guys push him out".
    Is he so weak?

JV gotta recognize when to pass out the ball. I'm not talking about double team situations here. He needs to find a way to pass out the ball in order to GET DEEPER POSITION. It's easier to get deeper post positions after pass out and guard gotta recognize that he's getting deeper position and give the ball right back. Easy points.

One more thing - guys are missing JV on easy baskets.Too often I would say. It's very frustrating for centers - speaking from experience here. JV's mind is perfect tho, if he doesn't get the ball, he thinks about "next moment". It's hard to find players with this mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending JV at all. He's got a lot mistakes to fix and improve.
    Ironically, he's our best interior defender. He can move his feet very well, he can support the defensive perimeter too. The thing I don't like is that he doesn't talk. He's having problems to trap tough PnR. I think this is the problem in his talking. He doesn't talk a lot on defense. At least this is what I think. JV is the freaking center, he should see screens well before they're set. More talking could lead to better defensive team even if JV continues to struggle with hedging. Lack of talking is the main thing coaches should be worried right now. This is fundamental stuff which never should be forgotten.

I played basketball since I was 7 years old and my coach kept saying to take my time ( jv does this perfectly ), survey if double team is coming, if it is, KNOW who should be left open? And more importantly - recognize fucking collapses.

I mean I'm not basketball coach, and I don't have a lot of experience, but the only thing I see from JV is not what I want to see. He stops for couple secs, surveys the floor and gets out of control. WTF? If you get few secs to survey the floor how the hell you get out of control? Like I said I'm not the coach but in my opinion this needs to be fixed... and few more fundamental basics in order to become all-star center. ( I'm sorry, he'll never be an all-star center under stupid Casey like game plans. )

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information