Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulls-Raps

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcwx5pl

If the Bulls hope to stay competitive and not tank (like Chad Ford suggested today) then this might be a trade that helps both sides.

Toronto gets: Deng, and either Charlottes' first round pick or the rights to Nikola Mirotic (or both!)

Chicago gets: Lowry and DeRozen.

For Toronto, they get another future asset, and more ping-pong balls this summer (cue hate from anti-tankers!)

For Chicago, they get another pg (Hinrich is not the answer, and they miss Robinson already) and a go-to scorer. Butler can switch to the sf, and hopefully the Bull's team defense will hide DeRozen's obvious flaws.

Thoughts?

IMO, DD has made huge strides this season and I see the way he is playing to continue...that is I see him becoming more of a team oriented player rather than a ball stopper. I bet he continues to move away from the perimeter ISO type player into a more well rounded SG. He is a very valuable asset to have right now and I do not shop him. I mean, if I am the GM here, I do not call other GM's looking to include DD in a package. IF GM's call me looking for Derozan I may entertain an offer, but it would have to be good for me to give up on this kid. Derozan is absolutely not the problem with this team, it is more about Gay and the coaching at this point. IMO, Derozan can be an integral piece going forward, Gay cannot. This is definitely a tank trade, and although I am anti-tank, I am not opposed to ideas that move us in the right direction. This, I believe is not one of them. IMO, derozan is already on a value contract, and if you want to maximize his value, you DO NOT shop him. Let other GM's think you want to keep him, and if they want him, make them pay (and yes, I do believe there are many GM's out there that would love a demar derozan on their team).

Comment

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, but I don't think Chicago does. Deng is arguably their best player aside from Rose.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        I'd do this trade in a heartbeat, but I don't think Chicago does. Deng is arguably their best player aside from Rose.

Sure, he's a great player, but you know he's a free agent, right? And the Bulls are a luxury tax team with a penny-pinching owner, who probably won't want to get into the repeater tax. And Deng has suffered numerous injuries over the years, some of them a little odd and worrying.

IMO, Chicago will definetly be trading Deng this season. Why can't it be to Toronto?

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lcwx5pl

If the Bulls hope to stay competitive and not tank (like Chad Ford suggested today) then this might be a trade that helps both sides.

Toronto gets: Deng, and either Charlottes' first round pick or the rights to Nikola Mirotic (or both!)

Chicago gets: Lowry and DeRozen.

For Toronto, they get another future asset, and more ping-pong balls this summer (cue hate from anti-tankers!)

For Chicago, they get another pg (Hinrich is not the answer, and they miss Robinson already) and a go-to scorer. Butler can switch to the sf, and hopefully the Bull's team defense will hide DeRozen's obvious flaws.

Thoughts?
          I like, but making that Gay and Lowry would be awesome.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
            I like, but making that Gay and Lowry would be awesome.
            Are you a Bulls fan? Including Gay would mean that it wouldn't be a Deng trade, it would be a Boozer trade. Do you want Boozer in a Raptors uni this year and next, with no reason/chance to resign him after that?

Chicago probably wouldn't even do that trade, b/c they will most likely amnesty Boozer this summer, and if they bring Gay in, they loose that ability.

Comment

same comment i made in the other trade thread. if the bulls decide to stay competitive i can't see them trading deng. him and noah are the thibs bulls entire identity.

Comment

Sure, he's a great player, but you know he's a free agent, right? And the Bulls are a luxury tax team with a penny-pinching owner, who probably won't want to get into the repeater tax.
                Your trade puts them over tax next year and has them paying repeater tax.

I think they will get under tax. However, to do that they either have to trade or amnesty Boozer (the most likely scenario imo, since they can sign Mirotic to replace him) or let Deng go without adding a major contract.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  Your trade puts them over tax next year and has them paying repeater tax.

I think they will get under tax. However, to do that they either have to trade or amnesty Boozer (the most likely scenario imo, since they can sign Mirotic to replace him) or let Deng go without adding a major contract.

Sure it does, but my logic with this trade has been based on the well-known and oft-published idea that they'll be amnesting Boozer this summer. They'll replace him with Gibson and Mirotic.
                  You think they'll re-sign Deng then? Or if they let him walk, who do they give his minutes to?

Comment

Sure it does, but my logic with this trade has been based on the well-known and oft-published idea that they'll be amnesting Boozer this summer. They'll replace him with Gibson and Mirotic.
                    You think they'll re-sign Deng then? Or if they let him walk, who do they give his minutes to?
                    Well yes, re-signing him would make sense at that point.

Comment

Are you a Bulls fan? Including Gay would mean that it wouldn't be a Deng trade, it would be a Boozer trade. Do you want Boozer in a Raptors uni this year and next, with no reason/chance to resign him after that?

Chicago probably wouldn't even do that trade, b/c they will most likely amnesty Boozer this summer, and if they bring Gay in, they loose that ability.
                      Gay, Lowry & Amir for Deng (and hope to resign him at 4 & 50-60 Mil), Boozer & Mirotic?
                      I doubt Boozer gets waived (owner too cheap to pay penalty=more cheap to cut a cheque for 15plus Mil & tell Boozer to eff off).

Comment

Btw, Mirotic is arguably the best player in Europe and he's still 22, i.e. same age as Terrence Ross. If he was still undrafted, we would be talking about him as a likely top 5 pick in the 2014 draft. People are including him into trade ideas like he was Quincy Acy.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                          Btw, Mirotic is arguably the best player in Europe and he's still 22, i.e. same age as Terrence Ross. If he was still undrafted, we would be talking about him as a likely top 5 pick in the 2014 draft. People are including him into trade ideas like he was Quincy Acy.
                          Prior to Mirotic, Teletovic was one of the best players in Europe. How is doing for Nets?
                          By that definition (elite player in Europe) Kleiza should have been an all star in NBA.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                            Prior to Mirotic, Teletovic was one of the best players in Europe. How is doing for Nets?
                            By that definition (elite player in Europe) Kleiza should have been an all star in NBA.
                            Not close. Mirotic will be the Euroleague MVP if he maintains this level. He's performing much better than Kleiza or Teletovic ever did. And that's a 22 year old player. He can post up, shoot, handle and he's smart.

It does not mean that he's a sure thing, but he's a darn impressive prospect. Just like Marcus Smart or Exum aren't sure things, but do you expect to get them as throw-ins. No.

Comment

Working...
                            X