Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Time for a change

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Time for a change

    I hate losing more than anyone knows but this team we have can , I repeat can make playoffs but we can not win it all. As a fan I truly wish demar which I do like his game and Rudy which I think so a great scorer need to be traded along with Amir who should be in on a playoff team and Lowry who I personally think is shit. To get a big man to go with jv.

    I am sorry to all other raptor fans but scrape this team and I don't think it's coaching will never ever win it.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Raptors are talented enough by they are not not smart enough

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Blow it up!

    Blow it up!

    Blow it up!

  4. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    December 15.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  6. Like ceez, mcHAPPY liked this post
  7. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    December 15.
    1,555,200 seconds
    25,920 minutes
    432 hours
    18 days
    2 weeks (rounded down)

  8. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    1,555,200 seconds
    25,920 minutes
    432 hours
    18 days
    2 weeks (rounded down)

  9. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    December 15.
    your av brought the lols
    @jerboat

  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Raptors are talented enough by they are not not smart enough
    I have never in my life ever heard of one of my favorite teams intentionally tanking. I've never heard of this concept until I started listening to Raptors fans saying it. What a fucking joke.

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What is blowing the team up going to accomplish? Do you just think we'll blow it up and then be awesome in 5, 10, 15 years? Have you ever heard of the term delusional?

  12. Like p00ka liked this post
  13. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Green Maple Leaf wrote: View Post
    I have never in my life ever heard of one of my favorite teams intentionally tanking. I've never heard of this concept until I started listening to Raptors fans saying it. What a fucking joke.
    It is a sad, but very logical approach. I am kind of against tanking as a matter of principle, but it is a commonly used approach to build a team in the NBA. It's unfortunate the league is set up in a way that promotes tanking, but that is the way it is...and we shouldn't discount it as an avenue to improve for this organization, which desperately needs a makeover.

  14. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Green Maple Leaf wrote: View Post
    I have never in my life ever heard of one of my favorite teams intentionally tanking. I've never heard of this concept until I started listening to Raptors fans saying it. What a fucking joke.
    You must not have been following professional basketball for the last 20 years then.

    It's also becoming much more prevalent in the other team sports by the way.

  15. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    979
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No worries. Let's just go boot up NBA 2K, go to trade finder, get offers from 29 other teams and ship these guys out. We have 15 guys on the roster, but some are terrible so let's say we get hmm... 14 1st round picks in return?

    That leaves us with 15 in this draft, giving us dominion over the entire first round. Pretty snazzy if you ask me

  16. Like p00ka, Letter N liked this post
  17. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Green Maple Leaf wrote: View Post
    I have never in my life ever heard of one of my favorite teams intentionally tanking. I've never heard of this concept until I started listening to Raptors fans saying it. What a fucking joke.
    So you're against rebuilding through the draft. That's fine, everyone has an opinion and lots of ppl here on RR would agree with you.
    So instead of just shitting on one idea, why don't you come up with a solution of your own that will cure this franchise of the mediocrity it's been stuck in for the last 4 years (at least). Because sticking with the players you've got, and adding an MLE player each year has not worked for the Raps.

    How do you improve the team?

  18. Like mcHAPPY, OldSkoolCool liked this post
  19. #14
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote duncan wrote: View Post
    So you're against rebuilding through the draft. That's fine, everyone has an opinion and lots of ppl here on RR would agree with you.
    So instead of just shitting on one idea, why don't you come up with a solution of your own that will cure this franchise of the mediocrity it's been stuck in for the last 4 years (at least). Because sticking with the players you've got, and adding an MLE player each year has not worked for the Raps.

    How do you improve the team?
    Well said.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  20. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  21. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  22. #16
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    LOL

    This was one of my favourite postings last season!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  23. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote duncan wrote: View Post
    So you're against rebuilding through the draft. That's fine, everyone has an opinion and lots of ppl here on RR would agree with you.
    So instead of just shitting on one idea, why don't you come up with a solution of your own that will cure this franchise of the mediocrity it's been stuck in for the last 4 years (at least). Because sticking with the players you've got, and adding an MLE player each year has not worked for the Raps.

    How do you improve the team?
    To be clear, being against tanking isn't synonymous with being against building through the draft. But to give the simple answer to "How do you improve the team?", like every other contender or champion the past 30 years, through a combination of draft picks, trades, free agents, and coaching. There is not a single 1-2-3 Steps formula, as every champion has been built in different ways, but it is always a combination of all methods of improvement.

  24. Like JimiCliff liked this post
  25. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    491
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    To be clear, being against tanking isn't synonymous with being against building through the draft. But to give the simple answer to "How do you improve the team?", like every other contender or champion the past 30 years, through a combination of draft picks, trades, free agents, and coaching. There is not a single 1-2-3 Steps formula, as every champion has been built in different ways, but it is always a combination of all methods of improvement.
    That makes it pretty simple to be against tanking, though, doesn't it? Or do you just have a higher standard for the argument against your position than you have for your own position? This team needs to get better. You either have a plan or idea or you don't. If you don't have a plan or idea, then why constantly jump in with criticism when someone does offer an idea or plan?
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

  26. Like Fully, stooley liked this post
  27. #19
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    To be clear, being against tanking isn't synonymous with being against building through the draft. But to give the simple answer to "How do you improve the team?", like every other contender or champion the past 30 years, through a combination of draft picks, trades, free agents, and coaching. There is not a single 1-2-3 Steps formula, as every champion has been built in different ways, but it is always a combination of all methods of improvement.
    Of course, there's no simple route to becoming a contender, and of course it's not as simple as striking gold in the lottery and then winning. But that's exactly it: you've got to strike gold in the lottery to even think about taking those other steps. Until you have a star player to build around then it doesn't matter how smart you are with trades, free agents and coaching. And the Raps do not have that star player. Not DD, not Ross, and not JV. They are all good players, and are all getting better. But if they were going to be all-world players, we would know it by now.
    And don't go telling me about how Miami has done it w/o striking gold in the lottery. They drafted well with Wade, and then 6 years later did exceptionally well in free agency. Toronto does not have the same attraction by American players as Miami, Los Angeles, the Texas teams, or even Boston and the New York teams, so don't expect any incredible FA signings unless it's a clear over-pay.
    So, if the plan isn't to deal players to improve draft position/increase # of picks, what are the moves the team can take to dramatically improve for next season? Keep in mind that the team is capped out, the starting PG is a FA, and the pick currently would be 15-20. It looks like more of the same to me, except that the East will probably be stronger next year, meaning the Raps will once again be in the dreaded middle ground that they've been stuck in for 4 years.

  28. Like Fully liked this post
  29. #20
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    P.S. I feel like I've been having this convo for 5 years now, and frankly I'm pretty sick and tired of it.
    I suppose it's such a hot-button issue this year b/c of the supposed strength of the draft class, and of the fact that the Raps look competitive b/c of the weakness in the East.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •