Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Demar Derozan the real future of this franchise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p00ka wrote: View Post
    It's nearing the pathetic phase that some people can't accept that they were wrong about DeMar being "what he is", when he played as a 23 year old. The young man is barely 24, and not only has he developed competent 3 pt shooting, but his court awareness and passing are showing continued improvement (despite the effing numbers. Those he passes to need to finish too!), his defense also continues to improve. This young man continues to show that hard work and determination will have very positive results, and regardless of whether he ever becomes someone's nebulous version of "elite", he's a guy I want on my team as setting one hell of an example of loyalty and dedication to his team and his own improvement, and even by today's production is not overpaid.

I for one hope to hell that Ujiri hangs on to the lad, whatever direction he decides upon. I think he will, so either appreciate the young man and what the brings to the table, or enjoy suffering through more years of "putting up" with him. Go Demar!!!
    If he is doing it after 42 games I'll admit wrong.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I will hold you to this. Even if its reasonably similar to what he is.

I bring up the question if he is playing we'll say slightly below the level he is right now… is he an all-star?

Comment

• Burnit482 wrote: View Post
        I will hold you to this. Even if its reasonably similar to what he is.

I bring up the question if he is playing we'll say slightly below the level he is right now… is he an all-star?
        Seriously?

You'll hold me to it?

I attempt to live by a few simple rules. Here are 2 of them:
        1) admitting when I'm wrong,
        2) not boasting about being right.

Do as you please but on this topic I pray I am wrong.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
          It's nearing the pathetic phase that some people can't accept that they were wrong about DeMar being "what he is", when he played as a 23 year old. The young man is barely 24, and not only has he developed competent 3 pt shooting, but his court awareness and passing are showing continued improvement (despite the effing numbers. Those he passes to need to finish too!), his defense also continues to improve. This young man continues to show that hard work and determination will have very positive results, and regardless of whether he ever becomes someone's nebulous version of "elite", he's a guy I want on my team as setting one hell of an example of loyalty and dedication to his team and his own improvement, and even by today's production is not overpaid.

I for one hope to hell that Ujiri hangs on to the lad, whatever direction he decides upon. I think he will, so either appreciate the young man and what the brings to the table, or enjoy suffering through more years of "putting up" with him. Go Demar!!!
          I couldn't agree more with the above! Demar is underrated around here.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
              <-------------- this guy is
              If the Raptors, by some miracle, get the 1st pick and use it on Parker over Randle, I WILL abandon this franchise.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors, by some miracle, get the 1st pick and use it on Parker over Randle, I WILL abandon this franchise.
                Really? Everything thats happened and thats (that?!) what would force you to abandon this franchise? Dude, Parker is the fuckin truth!
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
                  Doesn't matter about parker vs. randle. If this franchise got the first pick, there's only one player that's getting picked, and it's neither of them.

Comment

• yes he is.
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• DD now leads all eastern conference guards in scoring.

Comment

• If DD keeps this up, All-star (at least reserve) is in his future.

52% FG - 52% 3PT - 26.8ppg - last 6 games.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Serious contender for MIP if he keeps this up as well.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I keep saying...he is dedicated off the court, he works in the offseason and has gotten better every single year. He might now be a mega star, but you want guys like this around. despite some deficiencies, people wanna squawk about "culture" on other threads, well lets remember that here too. DD is EXACTLY the type of guy you want if you trying to start a culture of hard work, effort, and players caring about the team.

So he is the top SG in the EAST. His 3 point game, which so many forget, DIDNT EVEN EXIST 2 years ago is near the tops, AFTER a rough start, he is aggressive, draws fouls, runs the floor, and gives a shit.

And you guys want him gone?

Who the FUCK do you want instead, because Kobe is in LA, and MJ is retired.

Comment

• I just realized, this stretch of games is going to make for a really nice 'Demar Year 5' video. Lets Hope GameEntertainment makes a long one this season!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                                I keep saying...he is dedicated off the court, he works in the offseason and has gotten better every single year. He might now be a mega star, but you want guys like this around. despite some deficiencies, people wanna squawk about "culture" on other threads, well lets remember that here too. DD is EXACTLY the type of guy you want if you trying to start a culture of hard work, effort, and players caring about the team.

So he is the top SG in the EAST. His 3 point game, which so many forget, DIDNT EVEN EXIST 2 years ago is near the tops, AFTER a rough start, he is aggressive, draws fouls, runs the floor, and gives a shit.

And you guys want him gone?

Who the FUCK do you want instead, because Kobe is in LA, and MJ is retired.
                                Completely agree. Who is going to replace him if we let him go? I don't think there's any shooting guard in the 2014 draft that will match what he gives us.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X