No announcement yet.

Dion Waiters for Terrence Ross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say I'd rather not take on guys with character issues, if he does indeed have one. I don't know I was either late for the players only meeting or I'm not a professional basketball player...one of the two...
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      I gotta say I'd rather not take on guys with character issues, if he does indeed have one. I don't know I was either late for the players only meeting or I'm not a professional basketball player...one of the two...
      It has been reported that Waiters has been having arguments with Thompson.

Comment

If he's complaining about a better player getting more minutes than him, I don't know where his mindset must be. I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole if I'm MU.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

keep Ross, he has no where to go but up IMO

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
            I think that was the narrative about Waiters coming into the league...but I haven't seen that.
            I don't think he'll ever be that good, so the alpha dog mentality works against him.
            I would prefer Ross, who will play within himself and do his job without trying to do more.
            Lately, Ross has been reminding me of the Ray Allen comparisons some people gave him. Not because of his shooting, but because of the way he comes off screens and moves without the ball. On a team like San Antonio or the Ray Allen Boston team I think Ross could be deadly once he gets some experience.

I just feel like for the Raptors we need that franchise typle talent (or something closer to that than we have right now), and sometimes when you are in the position we are in you need to take chances. Again, I'm not advocating for the trade, just surprised that everyoen is so one sided. This is the same team with or without Ross that is consistently a bottom feeder, so I find it strange that when there is an opportunity for change knocks on the door everyone is so against it.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              Waiters is all of that, sure, but he's extremely duplicative of DeMar and Rudy in those respects. We already have two non-star-level score-first players; the last thing we need is a third.

DeMar for Waiters and Bennett plus a pick? I might consider that.
              I hear ya. I was thinking of it more along the lines of one trade amongst others to restructure the team.

Comment

I don't think the talent discrepancy between Ross and Waiters is as big as some of you are making it sound but the rumblings of an attitude issue are enough to make me say no thanks.

Beyond that, it's really just a lateral move. Young, inconsistent SG (Ross) for the same thing in a slightly less traditional SG body (Waiters).

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  If he's complaining about a better player getting more minutes than him, I don't know where his mindset must be.
                  Waiters is complaining that Mike Brown has a double standard for his "stars" and for other players: e.g. he gets docked minutes for on-court infractions/mistakes (defensive errors, turnovers, etc.) that Kyrie Irving gets to slide past. Which is probably entirely true, because Brown did exactly the same thing when LeBron was in Cleveland - DeLonte West called Brown out in Shaq's book for criticizing Mo Williams for things LeBron did as well.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                    keep Ross, he has no where to go but up IMO
                    He certainly goes up on his dunks.
                    OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                      he certainly goes up on his dunks. :d
                      slam dunk champion!

Comment

Sure if we can give them Ross + Gay + 2015 1st rounder for Waiters + Bennett. I would do this in a heartbeat

Comment

Straight up, no way would Masai do that, else I'm looking for another team to cheer for. Included as part of some multi-player/pick deal, would have to evaluate that if it presents itself.

Comment

I was playing around on ESPN's Trade Machine, and started wondering if Tor/Cle would ever consider a massive blockbuster, with both Gay & DeRozan going to Cleveland, to address their SF/SG needs.

Bynum, Bennett, Waiters and one of Sims/Felix/Dellavedova (for salary matching) would head to Toronto in return, ideally along with a 2014 1st round pick as well.

Crazy and unlikely, but interesting to see the numbers add up... I'd personally look to flip Bynum & Waiters (and the filler player).

Comment

I actively dislike Dion Waiters. Ross has looked good lately and I am not ready to give up on him. I am also not for trading someone to trade them again unless it is all part of the same deal. Guy comes here and starts shooting in the low 30% range and their value will drop even further. I doubt we will get more than a bunch of expiring junk for R.Gay, I still would have rather had ED this whole time and more losses than that. When it is all said and done I doubt we can say we "won" that deal.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                                Sure if we can give them Ross + Gay + 2015 1st rounder for Waiters + Bennett. I would do this in a heartbeat
                                This deal works if they throw in Varejao. Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiittttttt!!!!
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X