Who to Trade, or not to Trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully wrote: View Post
    I think he's insinuating that Lowry would be less likely to accept an extension at this point in time, since he'd likely be leaving a guaranteed $7-$9 million dollars of money by not getting his extra year.
    On that note, what do members of the republic feel would be an acceptable extension for Lowry? $9M per seems high to me, but $7M per I would be happy with.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      On that note, what do members of the republic feel would be an acceptable extension for Lowry? $9M per seems high to me, but $7M per I would be happy with.
      I wouldn't want him for any more than 7, but I'm assuming he's going to be looking for somewhere closer to 10 mill per year.

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't want him for any more than 7, but I'm assuming he's going to be looking for somewhere closer to 10 mill per year.
        Do you think he is worth that? Or that he has proven that he is worth it? I think his production is stunted by his role on this team and the way it plays, but I do wonder if there is a team out there willing to pay $10M per for Lowry.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
          I'd expect him to get somewhere around $30 million over 4 years, within the same realm as the Brandon Jennings & Goran Dragics of the league. I don't want it to be with Toronto however.

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
            What difference would that make having Lowry for 3 or 4 years? I'd rather take him for a year less than risk him leaving for nothing.
            I think he's insinuating that Lowry would be less likely to accept an extension at this point in time, since he'd likely be leaving a guaranteed $7-$9 million dollars of money by not getting his extra year.
            What he said.

Comment

All of this trade talk and what ifs gives me a headache. But I can't stop, it's like brain freeze from a slushy on a hot summer day.

So. Lowry, you can go. Gay, I hate you, you too may go. All of the bench minus t-ross, you may go as well.

Amir, you seem like a likeable guy and u hustle, you stay. JV, we apologize for what coach idiot has done to you, you may also stay.

DeMar, you pissed me off for the longest time. But you seem to have grown into a pretty good player. You've shown grit and toughness when the rest of the team are playing like vaginas. You've added skills to your game every year despite the horrific coaching you've had to endure. Triano and coach idiot have done you no favors yet you show signs of great progress. For that DD aka kid dynamite, you may stay.
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

December 15th can't come soon enough.

Until then, it will be just be rampant speculation without anything actually happening.

As for Lowry's value on the free agent market, you'd have to assume it will be around what Jeff Teague got, or $8M per year. If we can't get any picks back (future or this year) for him, then I'd just keep him and try to resign him. Competent PG's are extremely hard to come by in this league so you don't just throw them out and hope you can get a replacement. You need a replacement targeted and ready to go. If Lowry can't bring back a future draft pick right now then lets resign him to a good 4 year deal and try to trade him later if need be. Teams will be much more willing to part with 1st round picks for a long-term signed Lowry than a half season rental.

One last note, I think DD is becoming a star this season and we'd be idiots to trade him (40% 3pt shooter now to all who said he couldn't improve). The ridiculous commenters over at RaptorsHQ want to trade Derozan for Wroten and filler.... Un-freaking-believable. Thank god for this site otherwise I would think all Raptors fans are batshit crazy.
                Last edited by Primer; Fri Nov 29, 2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  So. Lowry, you can go. Gay, I hate you, you too may go. All of the bench minus t-ross, you may go as well.

Amir, you seem like a likeable guy and u hustle, you stay. JV, we apologize for what coach idiot has done to you, you may also stay.

DeMar, you pissed me off for the longest time. But you seem to have grown into a pretty good player. You've shown grit and toughness when the rest of the team are playing like vaginas. You've added skills to your game every year despite the horrific coaching you've had to endure. Triano and coach idiot have done you no favors yet you show signs of great progress. For that DD aka kid dynamite, you may stay.
                  This is exactly my mindset as well. Well done.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Trade: Rudy, Lowry (add Amir based on being unspectacular this season, but maybe a valuable trade piece to a good team)
                    Keep: Jonas, Terrence, Demar, Hansbrough, Novak, Fields, Buycks/Stone

The team needs a starting PG who can really run the pick and roll and some better 3pt shooting from 1 of the forward spots.

Two targets of interest, who also may be available are: Goran Dragic and Ersan Ilyasova.
                    -Although the Suns are winning big now, I think they will come down to earth - and realize they need to trade Goran and his contract to rebuild around Bledsoe, Len, the Morris twins, and a high quality 2014 pick. (pick and roll PG)
                    -Bucks have Sanders, Henson and Udoh to develop - and Ersan has a big deal for a rebuild situation. (3pt, rebounding PF)
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

DeMar's value has never been higher than it is now around the league. Watching other comment sections around the net after the Heat game (because everybody pays attention to a Heat game) and everybody is comparing him to a young Kobe. I think it's worth considering whether we want to sell high.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        DeMar's value has never been higher than it is now around the league. Watching other comment sections around the net after the Heat game (because everybody pays attention to a Heat game) and everybody is comparing him to a young Kobe. I think it's worth considering whether we want to sell high.
                        I'm sure he'd love to get the hell out of this shitty franchise as well.

Comment

please please please Masia dont trade demar (or t ross or jv or tyler)
                          must trust master

demar deserves to be on a contending team but no must keep precious
                          Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Nov 30, 2013, 12:27 PM.
                          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

MUST Trade:

Gay
                            Lowry

Keepers:

JV
                            DD
                            Ross
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

trex wrote: View Post
                              must trade:

Gay
                              lowry

keepers:

Jv
                              dd
                              ross

this

Comment

Must moves:
                                Gay
                                Lowry

Not giving them away but not turning down any reasonable offer:
                                Novak
                                Psycho T
                                Fields

Willing to move if the price is right:
                                DD
                                Amir

And I'd be willing to throw Ross in any one of these deals too if the return makes sense.

I'm assuming all of the other guys [Augustin, Buycks, Acy, Gray, etc.] have little to no trade value.
                                You nailed it. My sentiments as well. Would like to add that last group (Augustin, Buycks, Acy, Gray, etc) might end up being useful "fillers".

Comment

Working...
                                X