No announcement yet.

What are you Thankful for Raptors Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you Thankful for Raptors Fans?

On this day that is treated more sacred than Christmas in the NBA, in a time when there seems to be so little to be thankful for as Raptors Fans... I ask you this ... what are you Thankful for as Raptors Fans? There's gotta be something you still love and cherish about this motley group of misfits.

Me?

Well ... I'm Thankful for Dwane Casey ... reminding me that literally anyone can become an NBA Headcoach.

And for Rudy Gay's message to never give up hope ... that one day that shot will go down.

And I'm Thankful for Masai Ujiri acquiring Steve Novak ...'s moustache.

And for Jonas not punching someone in the Face. Anyone really. He deserves to punch someone.

And finally ... for Demar. For not only playing his mind out these last bunch of games ... but for finally giving us Demar-fans a fighting chance in these endless debates.

Thanks Be to Ball.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

First to say

I am thankful that Bryan Colangelo is no longer in charge, and thus no longer making bad moves for the long-term success of our franchise. It's amazing how his being fired is among the best things to happen to the Raptors in the last 10 years.

Comment

I am thankful for Masai Ujiri. For the first time in a long time, I feel my team isn't rudderless.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Also, it's not thanksgiving in Raptorland.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            Also, it's not thanksgiving in Raptorland.
            For every single one of our players it is I'd imagine.. well the American ones.
            EDIT: Whoa, did anyone else actually notice that Jonas is now our ONLY non-American player.

And there's not a single game on tonight/today, and yet Christmas is packed. What gives?!
            Last edited by Joey; Thu Nov 28, 2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I'm thankful Canadian thanksgiving is in a reasonnable time of year instead of the end of November. Also dunks. I like dunks.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

No more BC. No more Bargnani.

It'll be the merriest Christmas in years.

Comment

I'm thankful for old hilights of Mo Pete and the VC/T-Mac days to get me through the dark days of winter.

I'm thankful for a community of like minded fans who share my affinity for tearing this roster apart.

I'm thankful for a great season of NCAA ball and one of the most exciting looking March Madness tournaments.

I'm thankful that Amir is Amir.

I'm thankful that Demar has finally shown some flashes. Kudos to Ross as well.

I'm thankful that Hansbrough is a beast off the bench on the glass.

Mostly I'm thankful that Aaron Gray has finally been left out of the rotation.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    I'm thankful that Amir is Amir.
                    Haha I was going to write, literally, exactly this.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      On this day that is treated more sacred than Christmas in the NBA, in a time when there seems to be so little to be thankful for as Raptors Fans... I ask you this ... what are you Thankful for as Raptors Fans? There's gotta be something you still love and cherish about this motley group of misfits.
                      I am thankful that I have never been, nor will ever bee a Fanatic. I can turn off the tv at anytime, and not give a flying fuck.

Oh, i am also thankful that Amir missed the corner three....hopefully sending the team into its final and most lethal tailspin to date.

Comment

Oh, I'm also thankful that i have come here, from raptors forum, as on average, I am reading about a 10:1 intelligence to flat out ignorant posting frequency. there are no silly fights here, no personal attacks or agenda's. There are a large number of really, REALLY smart basketball minds here, as well as centered and mature minds that can handle the odd chirp, can handl ethat their team is terrible, and just flat out enjoy the comradery of talking a little hoops.

Thanks for that guys.

Comment

thankful for ujiri
                          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

I am thankful that this thread has not (yet) degenerated into a "t---" vs "no-t---" brouhaha. Cannot spell the word anymore!

For those with bb withdrawal pains, there is a slew of College ball on today including Kansas.

Comment

For every single one of our players it is I'd imagine.. well the American ones.
                              EDIT: Whoa, did anyone else actually notice that Jonas is now our ONLY non-American player.

And there's not a single game on tonight/today, and yet Christmas is packed. What gives?!
                              NFL. Turkey and football. NBA doesn't want to play second fiddle to the NBA, given the established tradition.

Comment

Working...
                              X