Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 256

Thread: Game #16: Toronto Raptors 98 - Denver Nuggets 112

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic Rookie symbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    No "chilling" comment appropriate, but if you want to get into personal advice, let's have at it. Beyond that, I'm with everybody on the planet that Rudy is a black hole, but the Denver announcer comment that was highlighted by another poster, during a broadcast of the current game, in a thread about the current game, spoke to 3 Raps players, all of whom are out-assisting their counterparts, in the current game.

    The facts of the current game are that the Denver announcers should perhaps look at their own players before criticizing their Raps' counterparts, in the current game, and my question to the the poster I responded to was what is his/her point is in posting that commentary, when it's clearly a biased comment from talking heads that see the Raps 2x/year.
    I posted the Denver guys quote because there was some discussion earlier about how they were insightful & funny. We rarely hear anything critical from the Raps guys and it is cool to hear announcers actually say something that is super obvious from stats and the naked eye.

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure why all the talk on body fat %

    That brotherston link said he was under 9% body fat
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic Rookie Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    again no pick and roll.

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Not sure why all the talk on body fat %

    That brotherston link said he was under 9% body fat
    No way he's under 9%.

    I'm pretty sure JV told in interview that he needs to loose some body fat just few weeks ago. It takes a lot of time. It's not few days progress.

    P.S. When I played ball I was told to maintain body fat % at 6%-9%.

  5. #145
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Not sure why all the talk on body fat %

    That brotherston link said he was under 9% body fat
    Well I do think diet can be an issue regardless. I also think the issue is more about just not being used to getting a lot of burn.

    He's actually had pretty good pop today on a lot of plays. Just when he gets later into his shift he looks pretty winded...which isn't unusual if he's not used to going that hard for that long.

    Also wonder if confidence helps. Has been more involved today, and it definitely looks like it's helped.

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    No way he's under 9%.

    I'm pretty sure JV told in interview that he needs to loose some body fat just few weeks ago. It takes a lot of time. It's not few days progress.

    P.S. When I played ball I was told to maintain body fat % at 6%-9%.
    Read the link and take it up with magloire.

    I don't see any excess adipose tissue on JV lol
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  7. #147
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well I do think diet can be an issue regardless. I also think the issue is more about just not being used to getting a lot of burn.

    He's actually had pretty good pop today on a lot of plays. Just when he gets later into his shift he looks pretty winded...which isn't unusual if he's not used to going that hard for that long.

    Also wonder if confidence helps. Has been more involved today, and it definitely looks like it's helped.
    Bingo
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  8. #148
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Loosing body fat is very important. JV needs to be as light as possible.

  9. #149
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Read the link and take it up with magloire.

    I don't see any excess adipose tissue on JV lol
    That's bullshit. I can guarantee his BF is over 9%.

  10. #150
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Loosing body fat is very important. JV needs to be as light as possible.
    Just nitpicking, but you clearly mean lean. Lean means lacking fat. Light means lacking weight. JV's weight is not actually a problem at all for a C.

  11. #151
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    That's bullshit. I can guarantee his BF is over 9%.
    Have you seen him naked?

  12. #152
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good god that's one of those "why don't you pass to Jonas moments?".

    DeMar contested 3? Or Jonas with deep post position on NATE ROBINSON?

  13. #153
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Just nitpicking, but you clearly mean lean. Lean means lacking fat. Light means lacking weight. JV's weight is not actually a problem at all for a C.
    Hah

    Well at least you feel light if you have low body fat :-)

  14. #154
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,650
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Blow this shit up already, tired of watching this.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  15. #155
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Have you seen him naked?
    Nah, but I know how triceps and biceps look for the guy who has low body fat :-)

  16. #156
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Doč Casey match shaws 3 pg lineup or does he up three ante with 4
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  17. #157
    Raptors Republic Starter consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Good god that's one of those "why don't you pass to Jonas moments?".

    DeMar contested 3? Or Jonas with deep post position on NATE ROBINSON?
    We should make a tally of those moments

  18. #158
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    We should make a tally of those moments
    I think it would be too depressing....

  19. #159
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,074
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Doč Casey match shaws 3 pg lineup or does he up three ante with 4
    Shaw is smart dude. I like him

  20. #160
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,576
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yea I'm officially done with this team. Can't wait until they blow it up. It's the same thing every game. They don't learn. After every game they say the right thing but nothing changes and that's how it's been for many season now. Something is wrong with this team. We have enough talent to be a 500 team but it shows that when talent doesn't fit it means nothing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •