Game #16: Toronto Raptors 98 - Denver Nuggets 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagle wrote: View Post
    surprisingly Gay has the best +/- on the team right now. Weird. I'd never have guessed.
    Yeah, +/- is one of those "take it with a huge grain of salt" stats. Especially in a single game.

Comment

• When Nate catches fire bad things happen.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Jonas has just been a huge factor on the glass today.

Comment

• Leo might be the worst commentator in sports. I'll take Pierre McGuire over him any day....and Pierre blows
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well diet could be a factor there too. I remember hearing that the dude eats like nothing but bison meat. Could also need to switch to a leaner diet. Less red meat, more chicken and fish.

*I know he burns lots of calories, but diet still always matters.
            JV needs to eat well balanced diet to maintain weight and loose body fat %. He exercises a lot, but if you want to loose body fat % you HAVE to eat right food.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              No "chilling" comment appropriate, but if you want to get into personal advice, let's have at it. Beyond that, I'm with everybody on the planet that Rudy is a black hole, but the Denver announcer comment that was highlighted by another poster, during a broadcast of the current game, in a thread about the current game, spoke to 3 Raps players, all of whom are out-assisting their counterparts, in the current game.

The facts of the current game are that the Denver announcers should perhaps look at their own players before criticizing their Raps' counterparts, in the current game, and my question to the the poster I responded to was what is his/her point is in posting that commentary, when it's clearly a biased comment from talking heads that see the Raps 2x/year.
              I posted the Denver guys quote because there was some discussion earlier about how they were insightful & funny. We rarely hear anything critical from the Raps guys and it is cool to hear announcers actually say something that is super obvious from stats and the naked eye.

Comment

• Not sure why all the talk on body fat %

That brotherston link said he was under 9% body fat

Comment

• again no pick and roll.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Not sure why all the talk on body fat %

No way he's under 9%.

I'm pretty sure JV told in interview that he needs to loose some body fat just few weeks ago. It takes a lot of time. It's not few days progress.

P.S. When I played ball I was told to maintain body fat % at 6%-9%.

Comment

Not sure why all the talk on body fat %

Well I do think diet can be an issue regardless. I also think the issue is more about just not being used to getting a lot of burn.

He's actually had pretty good pop today on a lot of plays. Just when he gets later into his shift he looks pretty winded...which isn't unusual if he's not used to going that hard for that long.

Also wonder if confidence helps. Has been more involved today, and it definitely looks like it's helped.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        No way he's under 9%.

I'm pretty sure JV told in interview that he needs to loose some body fat just few weeks ago. It takes a lot of time. It's not few days progress.

P.S. When I played ball I was told to maintain body fat % at 6%-9%.
                        Read the link and take it up with magloire.

I don't see any excess adipose tissue on JV lol

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Well I do think diet can be an issue regardless. I also think the issue is more about just not being used to getting a lot of burn.

He's actually had pretty good pop today on a lot of plays. Just when he gets later into his shift he looks pretty winded...which isn't unusual if he's not used to going that hard for that long.

Also wonder if confidence helps. Has been more involved today, and it definitely looks like it's helped.
                          Bingo

Comment

• Loosing body fat is very important. JV needs to be as light as possible.

Comment

Read the link and take it up with magloire.

I don't see any excess adipose tissue on JV lol
                              That's bullshit. I can guarantee his BF is over 9%.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Loosing body fat is very important. JV needs to be as light as possible.
                                Just nitpicking, but you clearly mean lean. Lean means lacking fat. Light means lacking weight. JV's weight is not actually a problem at all for a C.

Comment

Working...
                                X