Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kenny Smith: Bucks Are Better Than Raptors

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kenny Smith: Bucks Are Better Than Raptors

Ohhhhh Kenny .... who in Toronto slept with your wife? Of all the NBA analysts I don't think anyone has had it out for the Toronto Raptors like Kenny Smith has.

Courtesy of some dude from the RealGM:

I was just watching the TNT halftime between Cavs and Celtics and Kenny Smith tried to argue that other than the Big 4 in the East, the Bucks are the best team cuz they have won five in a row but Barkley interupted him saying "No no no no no, Toronto is waaaaay better than the Bucks cuz they got more star power!"

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

never, have i agreed more with sir charles!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny... for goodness sakes, what must we do to make people believe that we're definitely team #5 in the East? He actually said the BUCKS are better than us??!! If he had said the Heat, then maybe his quote could've been more respectable. But the MILWAUKEE BUCKS??? C'mon....

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

in regards to milwaukee, role players do not constitute a team....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kenny, Ken, Ken....
    I dont know what we did to make you so biased, but we're sorry (i guess :S)
    How about you just shut up and forget what you learned about toronto in the 2nd grade, and just think its apart of the states. Maybe then you can see us as the 5th seed..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the half time show, when Kenny said that and obvious disagreed because you just have to look at the standings to see who's 5th?

I was feeling what Sir Charles was said and couldn't agree more.

But thinking about, Bucks do play hard than the Raptors and the times we've matched up with them this season they have been taking it to the Raptors. Overall though Raptors have more talent, but just need to work harder to show that they belong to be the 5th seed.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the channel on doing something else when I perked up hearing Kenny say that the "Bucks were the best of the 2nd tier teams". Thats when Barkley said something like "Whaaat...not better than Toronto?"...and K replied "Yes, they are better than the Raptors". CB came back once more and K then shutup.
    I must admit...I think its not a sure thing in a 7 game series. Our depth is better. Kenny just seemed too emphatic.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I must admit...I think its not a sure thing in a 7 game series. Our depth is better. Kenny just seemed too emphatic.
    well said.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they have beaten us 2 out of 3 so far so you can't argue on that front. I'd still take the Raptors (when healthy) playing the way we are right now over them, though.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    I think they have beaten us 2 out of 3 so far so you can't argue on that front. I'd still take the Raptors (when healthy) playing the way we are right now over them, though.
    Second that

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless I'm missing something, the Raps have had almost no exposure on U.S. TV, so I'm not sure what Kenny and Charles are basing their opinions on. I'd bet my right arm neither of them has watched as many as two Raptors games all season. Why would anyone care what they think about a team they know nothing about?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

What? They are paid basketball commentators, dude. You don't think they watch games of nearly every team?

Even me, a regular guy, I watch a lot of games on league pass. Surely people who do this for a living watch more games than me..

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bucks have a solid team especially with the trade deadline additions, as long as Bogut stays healthy.

They now have a pretty good bench besides a decent starting five. The bench put up 43 last night. Okay it was against Indiana but you still got to put the rock in the hole

Are they better than the Raptors? I think it is closer than a lot of people including Barkley might think.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2010022511

Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors have potentially a top 5 talent and the fourth best offense in the league. On top of that they've been slowly inching their way out of the basement on defense, now ranked 26th. Guys, all that matters is what the Raptors do on the court. They'll prove that its laughable to suggest that the Bucks are better.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to agree with Buddahfan, it's not as clear cut as some may think. I do believe the Raptors are a better team, but the Bucks are getting better. That said, Kenny Smith is still tool and his opinion doesn't mean much to me. He also said at halftime that Boston was going to win that game and if they met in the playoffs that the Celtics would advance. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Barkley knew the Cavs would come back and win. F Kenny, Thanks Chuck!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'd have to agree with Buddahfan, it's not as clear cut as some may think. I do believe the Raptors are a better team, but the Bucks are getting better. That said, Kenny Smith is still tool and his opinion doesn't mean much to me. He also said at halftime that Boston was going to win that game and if they met in the playoffs that the Celtics would advance. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Barkley knew the Cavs would come back and win. F Kenny, Thanks Chuck!
    +1

Kenny is a clown and he never ever had anything positive to say about the Raptors. I suspect that something happened to Kenny in Toronto, probably got swindled by a stripper in the bras rails and ever since then holds a grudge towards the city.

Having said that, the Bucks have been playing really good basketball latley especially after the trade that brought John Salmons to the Bucks thus plugging a major hole in their lineup.

If the Bucks can keep up this surge up they will be a threat to the Raptors down the stretch.

Post Thanks / Like

EPIC, EPIC FAIL KENNY...you sir belong in the corner of shame.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

so is the statement still so ridiculous with the teams tied for wins?

edit after that pathetic play against philly this sunday we're tied for wins AND losses with the bucks. 8th seed here we come!
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 7th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    so is the statement still so ridiculous with the teams tied for wins?

edit after that pathetic play against philly this sunday we're tied for wins AND losses with the bucks. 8th seed here we come!
    Personally if we were healthy I still think we're a better team than the Bucks. I would of rather Triano sit Bosh this afternoon because he is nowhere near 100%. The Raptors have excellent depth, but we only go as far as Bosh takes us.

Not trying to take anything away from Milwaukee because they're a decent team, but a healthy Raptors squad I still feel is the better of the two teams. JMO

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Only reason why the Raptors would win is because of CB4. The Bucks have no legit number 1 option but a collection of very effective role players who are willing to step up. And their D is leagues better than the Raptors, and ultimately that's why they're a better team imo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information