Kenny Smith: Bucks Are Better Than Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'd have to agree with Buddahfan, it's not as clear cut as some may think. I do believe the Raptors are a better team, but the Bucks are getting better. That said, Kenny Smith is still tool and his opinion doesn't mean much to me. He also said at halftime that Boston was going to win that game and if they met in the playoffs that the Celtics would advance. PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Barkley knew the Cavs would come back and win. F Kenny, Thanks Chuck!
    +1

Kenny is a clown and he never ever had anything positive to say about the Raptors. I suspect that something happened to Kenny in Toronto, probably got swindled by a stripper in the bras rails and ever since then holds a grudge towards the city.

Having said that, the Bucks have been playing really good basketball latley especially after the trade that brought John Salmons to the Bucks thus plugging a major hole in their lineup.

If the Bucks can keep up this surge up they will be a threat to the Raptors down the stretch.

Comment

EPIC, EPIC FAIL KENNY...you sir belong in the corner of shame.

Comment

so is the statement still so ridiculous with the teams tied for wins?

edit after that pathetic play against philly this sunday we're tied for wins AND losses with the bucks. 8th seed here we come!
        Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 7, 2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          so is the statement still so ridiculous with the teams tied for wins?

edit after that pathetic play against philly this sunday we're tied for wins AND losses with the bucks. 8th seed here we come!
          Personally if we were healthy I still think we're a better team than the Bucks. I would of rather Triano sit Bosh this afternoon because he is nowhere near 100%. The Raptors have excellent depth, but we only go as far as Bosh takes us.

Not trying to take anything away from Milwaukee because they're a decent team, but a healthy Raptors squad I still feel is the better of the two teams. JMO

Comment

Only reason why the Raptors would win is because of CB4. The Bucks have no legit number 1 option but a collection of very effective role players who are willing to step up. And their D is leagues better than the Raptors, and ultimately that's why they're a better team imo.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
              Only reason why the Raptors would win is because of CB4. The Bucks have no legit number 1 option but a collection of very effective role players who are willing to step up. And their D is leagues better than the Raptors, and ultimately that's why they're a better team imo.
              When the Raptors decide they want to play defence they can be extremely effective. I just think they get ahead of themselves and take too many of the weaker teams for granted. Today was the perfect example. Sloppy, sloppy basketball and the Sixers capitalize. Kudos to them.

As great of a game Jack seemed to have offensively, his defence was horrendous on Holiday. Definitely not the type we know he can play. He definitely dropped the ball today for Toronto.

The Raptors worst enemy seem to be themselves. I still think the weakest component of this team is the mental aspect of the game. Weems is example of that. A couple good games, the city of Toronto can't praise him enough and in the 1st half he thought he was Kobe or someone. Sure he shot a decent percentage, but he also lead the team in turnovers today and I think he only player 20 or 25 minutes.

Players needs to realize their role on this team and stick with it. That goes for players like Bargnani who for the first 3/4 of this season has played as our 2nd option on offense and now he's disappear. Invisible and not an impact at all. Consistency is the key and that isn't something we've maintained throughout this season. Very frustrating as a fan.

Comment

Mental toughness has been a problem for years though. You really have to start to wonder where the root causes of these problems are.

Comment

The freaking bucks? Really. They do not scare me and thier star player BJennings is having one of the worst second half rookie campaigns in recent history. I don't know the stat for sure, but I feel they have had a rather easy schedule. Every time I look they are playing a good team on the wrong end of a back to back.

The bucks are extremely well coached and play from a C+ plus to a B-. The raps are constantly in flux and can play from a D- to an A-. Over the course of an 82 game season being consistent in this league can get into the play offs, but thats about it.

I would take the raps ten times out of ten because thier ceiling is higher. Once Bosh gets healthy we are going to be poised for a stretch run to end the season. We can beat any team at home and can at least be competitive to most teams on the road.

Comment

Working...
                  X