Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canadian Prospects in NCAA

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This 7'5 senior seems enticing, at least for a second round flyer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    This 7'5 senior seems enticing, at least for a second round flyer.
    Sim Bhullar? He's actually a sophomore this year. I think he'll stay in college all 4 years. He's got low mobility, and conditioning was an issue but he made massive improvements last year (going from getting winded playing 15 minutes, to playing 30+ minutes on back-to-back nights by the end of the season). There's also the question of how long his knees hold up with his sort of bulk. My guess is that he goes undrafted, and with his family still in the Toronto area, they'd probably be his first choice if they gave him a summer-league tryout.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    Sim Bhullar? He's actually a sophomore this year. I think he'll stay in college all 4 years. He's got low mobility, and conditioning was an issue but he made massive improvements last year (going from getting winded playing 15 minutes, to playing 30+ minutes on back-to-back nights by the end of the season). There's also the question of how long his knees hold up with his sort of bulk. My guess is that he goes undrafted, and with his family still in the Toronto area, they'd probably be his first choice if they gave him a summer-league tryout.
    He red shirted his true freshman year, like his brother is doing this season, so it will be 5 years in college 4 years of ball. Dude, might have improved his conditioning, but he is nowhere near NBA fit. He makes Aaaron Gray look like Ty Lawson. Also, I always thought it would be neat if he went to Sacramento considering the owner wants to make an impact in his native India. But, if dude can't play ball, he won't even sniff summer league.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Nik Stauskus

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Nik Stauskus
    How about last night? Zero field goals in 34 minutes against Duke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    He was probably just tired from being so Canadian and awesome in the previous six games...and on the seventh he rested.

7. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    He was probably just tired from being so Canadian and awesome in the previous six games...and on the seventh he rested.
    So there are biblical implications, here.

Post Thanks / Like

This was his first game back after an ankle injury, he was not 100% and played more of a facilitating role in that game.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Another solid game from Keving Pangos of Gonzaga with 18 points and 4 assists. What surprises me is that not many ppl are talking about this kid i wonder why can anyone shed a light on this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    Another solid game from Keving Pangos of Gonzaga with 18 points and 4 assists. What surprises me is that not many ppl are talking about this kid i wonder why can anyone shed a light on this
    He played poorly (to his standards) for 3/4 of the game, had a stretch late when he hit 3 3's in a row, he can flat out shoot the ball.

I don't think he gets much love because he has short arms, is just 6', not a great athlete, not a great defender.....but the kid just wins.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    He played poorly (to his standards) for 3/4 of the game, had a stretch late when he hit 3 3's in a row, he can flat out shoot the ball.

I don't think he gets much love because he has short arms, is just 6', not a great athlete, not a great defender.....but the kid just wins.
    So in other words he is not even good enough to get considered in the 2nd round

Post Thanks / Like

Baylor is at Iowa State right now. Two ranked teams from the Big 12 Conference with a prominent Canadian presence, Kenny Chery and Brady Heslip with Baylor and Melvin Ejim and Naz Long with Iowa State.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Baylor is at Iowa State right now. Two ranked teams from the Big 12 Conference with a prominent Canadian presence, Kenny Chery and Brady Heslip with Baylor and Melvin Ejim and Naz Long with Iowa State.
    Ejim is the best NBA prospect out of the 4 you mentioned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post

Gonzaga fell apart last NCAA tournament as well (as a 1 seed). People probably put a big share of that on him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information