Page 7 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1322

Thread: Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

  1. #121
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Bulls is the best trading partner for us, they desperately need a point guard, last year even without Rose and they had three guards still weren't enough during the playoffs. Even they did sign DG Augstine still don't solve the problem. From the Raptors side the most appealing assets from the Bulls are their two first round picks. I am for sure the Bulls are hesitant to give up their picks (who knows maybe Masai is asking for all their two picks). Well, Lowry will for certain help Bulls' team, and he is better than Hinrich and Teague. I just want to make a note here, that John Salmons used to play for the Bulls and was a solid contributor, and a great defender on the wing, maybe now we can have more chips to the bargain. Again, I think Masai is asking for two first round picks, and Bulls are reluctant to give up, but Lowry seems like the point guard that's on the market and it's last year of his contract perfect scenario for the Bulls, I guess Bulls are evaluating the Bobcats, since one of their pick was from Bobcats, if Bobcat finished at 12-15th seed, before the trade deadline, it's very possible we see Lowry+Salmons+maybe novek for Bulls' one of their first round pick or maybe two, remember it's bulls'side that desperately need a point guard and knocking raptors' door.

    And lastly, I will not be shocked if Raptors traded both Lowry and Vasquez for Bulls' Picks
    Last edited by Eric Montross 00; Wed Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

  2. #122
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

    Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

    The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

    I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

    1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
    a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
    b) Vasquez for Schroeder
    c) Amir for Brand and Scott

    Cuts $5M in salary, two great assets (prospect and pick), and $10M more in cap space this summer for Toronto; Atlanta gets much, much stronger.

    2) With Atlanta deal done, Raptors call up Chicago:
    a) Lowry, Hansbrough, Daye, 2nd rd for Boozer, Charlotte 2014
    b) TPE for Hinrich

    Raptors get a likely late lotto pick; Bulls get better in short term and save a whole lot of money (like $30+M).

    Raptors lineup for rest of year:

    PG: Hinrich, Schroeder, Buycks, Stone
    SG: Ross, Williams, Jenkins
    SF: Fields, Salmons, Scott
    PF: Boozer, Patterson, Novak
    C: JV, Brand, Hayes

    *someone has to be waived.

    That is a specTANKular lineup.

    For 2014-15, only about $46M on the books.

    Draft night Raps have own pick, Charlotte top 10 protected, and the better of BKN/ATL with enough financial flexibility to be a dumping ground for more prospects or picks.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  3. Like Letter N, Axel liked this post
  4. #123
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the Bulls could be a possible landing spot. I could see something like this:

    Lowry & Johnson & OKC'2 2014 2nd round pick --> Boozer & CHI's 2014 1st round pick & CHA's 2014 1st round pick (protected)

    * Hansborough or Novak could also be included (as of Dec.15), if Chicago has interest in either of them


    Chicago
    - get a PG to replace Rose, on an expiring contract (S&T asset in the offseason, or could be re-signed to replace Hinrich as Rose's backup)
    - get a PF to replace Boozer
    - save $2.6M this season (pro-rated)
    - save $9.8M next season (assuming they pickup Johnson's team option)
    - add a 2nd round pick
    - would get a $2.6M TPE


    Toronto
    - all about acquiring 2 more 1st round picks (would have 3 x 1st round picks & 1 early 2nd round pick)
    - Boozer replaces Johnson and provides veteran leadership & mentor for JV and other young bigs
    - Boozer is a huge expiring trade chip next season
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.

  5. Like OldSkoolCool, Axel liked this post
  6. #124
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

    Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

    The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

    I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

    1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
    a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
    b) Vasquez for Schroeder
    c) Amir for Brand and Scott

    Cuts $5M in salary, two great assets (prospect and pick), and $10M more in cap space this summer for Toronto; Atlanta gets much, much stronger.

    2) With Atlanta deal done, Raptors call up Chicago:
    a) Lowry, Hansbrough, Daye, 2nd rd for Boozer, Charlotte 2014
    b) TPE for Hinrich

    Raptors get a likely late lotto pick; Bulls get better in short term and save a whole lot of money (like $30+M).

    Raptors lineup for rest of year:

    PG: Hinrich, Schroeder, Buycks, Stone
    SG: Ross, Williams, Jenkins
    SF: Fields, Salmons, Scott
    PF: Boozer, Patterson, Novak
    C: JV, Brand, Hayes

    *someone has to be waived.

    That is a specTANKular lineup.

    For 2014-15, only about $46M on the books.

    Draft night Raps have own pick, Charlotte top 10 protected, and the better of BKN/ATL with enough financial flexibility to be a dumping ground for more prospects or picks.
    This is what I would do, trade Fields and Ross to Charlotte for Ben Gordon(his contract), and then flip Gordon to Bulls and lowry, Salmons others for Bulls picks and Boozer, help them to dump contracts. Makes sense for Bobcats, they are actually doing pretty well, and what they lack is depth and more talent, we give them Fields which they don't have any good wing or defenders, their MKG is injured, and Ross for their expired Ben Gordon. Bulls would love to have Gordon, and Salmon back plus with lowry and dumping Boozer's contract and we get their first round picks. We get our wing player from draft and we also need a point guard too. In order to get Bulls' two picks it would have to be overwhelming offers.
    Last edited by Eric Montross 00; Wed Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

  7. #125
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

    Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

    The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

    I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

    1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
    a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
    b) Vasquez for Schroeder
    c) Amir for Brand and Scott

    Cuts $5M in salary, two great assets (prospect and pick), and $10M more in cap space this summer for Toronto; Atlanta gets much, much stronger.

    2) With Atlanta deal done, Raptors call up Chicago:
    a) Lowry, Hansbrough, Daye, 2nd rd for Boozer, Charlotte 2014
    b) TPE for Hinrich

    Raptors get a likely late lotto pick; Bulls get better in short term and save a whole lot of money (like $30+M).

    Raptors lineup for rest of year:

    PG: Hinrich, Schroeder, Buycks, Stone
    SG: Ross, Williams, Jenkins
    SF: Fields, Salmons, Scott
    PF: Boozer, Patterson, Novak
    C: JV, Brand, Hayes

    *someone has to be waived.

    That is a specTANKular lineup.

    For 2014-15, only about $46M on the books.

    Draft night Raps have own pick, Charlotte top 10 protected, and the better of BKN/ATL with enough financial flexibility to be a dumping ground for more prospects or picks.
    No way in hell Atlanta does that deal. Everyone is Atlanta still has a serious boner over Schroeder. They sent him to the D-League so he could get more minutes and develop, not because they don't want/value him. He's only 19 and only played in Germany, so his experience is limited.
    Also, no way in hell they give Lou Williams, John Jenkins, and a barely protected 2014 first for Demar. That trade would basically slightly improve their starting SG while gutting their SG depth. Plus they have to throw in a 1st which makes it super unlikely. Danny Ferry is no dummy, he has been trying to acquire draft picks, not trade them.
    Amir is better than Brand and Scott but he has a longer contract and we're talking about a bench spot of roughly 10 minutes a night (Brand and Scotts minutes). Amir would be playing behind Horford and Milsap, and Atlanta has Ayon at backup C.
    So really really doesn't make any sense for Atlanta. I think they're planning on moving Millsap for some picks / future assets. They definitely won't be selling the farm to get some spare parts from Toronto.

    I also think there is no way in hell Chicago gives up 2 picks just to be rid of Boozer. If they're giving up a pick it will be to become better, and if they deal Boozer they will become worse. We might get a pick out of Chicago somehow but no way we're getting their two 2014 first round picks just for taking on an overpaid but still very productive player.

    I think Chicago is a good trade partner since they have need for PG, but I don't sense any urgency from the Bulls (more like the season is lost because of Rose). I wouldn't be surprised to see them stand pat and hope for 2 great rookies to pair with Rose next year when he is once again back from injury.

  8. #126
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    No way in hell Atlanta does that deal. Everyone is Atlanta still has a serious boner over Schroeder. They sent him to the D-League so he could get more minutes and develop, not because they don't want/value him. He's only 19 and only played in Germany, so his experience is limited.
    Also, no way in hell they give Lou Williams, John Jenkins, and a barely protected 2014 first for Demar. That trade would basically slightly improve their starting SG while gutting their SG depth. Plus they have to throw in a 1st which makes it super unlikely. Danny Ferry is no dummy, he has been trying to acquire draft picks, not trade them.
    Amir is better than Brand and Scott but he has a longer contract and we're talking about a bench spot of roughly 10 minutes a night (Brand and Scotts minutes). Amir would be playing behind Horford and Milsap, and Atlanta has Ayon at backup C.
    So really really doesn't make any sense for Atlanta. I think they're planning on moving Millsap for some picks / future assets. They definitely won't be selling the farm to get some spare parts from Toronto.

    I also think there is no way in hell Chicago gives up 2 picks just to be rid of Boozer. If they're giving up a pick it will be to become better, and if they deal Boozer they will become worse. We might get a pick out of Chicago somehow but no way we're getting their two 2014 first round picks just for taking on an overpaid but still very productive player.

    I think Chicago is a good trade partner since they have need for PG, but I don't sense any urgency from the Bulls (more like the season is lost because of Rose). I wouldn't be surprised to see them stand pat and hope for 2 great rookies to pair with Rose next year when he is once again back from injury.
    Schroeder is 20.
    Well aware why he was sent down.

    Vasquez makes Atlanta much better right now which is what the deal is all about.
    I don't think he pisses away another year of Horford's prime.
    If the deal doesn't work out, he has Horford as a trade chip in a year.
    Horford will return prospects and picks.

    Williams still can't play back to backs and is not looking like himself albeit still early.
    Jenkins is in D-League and has regressed majorly this season.
    Disagree that DD's addition hurts their depth when you have a rotation of Vasquez, Carroll, Martin, Korver all capable of playing SG and the two players killing the depth are either in DLeague or incapable of playing back-to-backs.

    Brand and Scott are nowhere near Amir's abilities and contributions.
    Amir's contract is just one more season and very reasonable.
    A nice 4 headed snake of Horford, Millsap, Amir, and Ayon.

    Danny Ferry has been keeping his options open and being opportunistic.
    DeRozan/Korver pairing would be incredible.
    DeRozan is 24 and they'd have him locked up for 3 years.


    I never said Chicago would give up 2 picks.
    1 pick to save $30+M and create all sorts of flexibility for them.
    I also had Toronto's or Sacramento's 2nd round pick going to Chicago (low 30's)
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Dec 11th, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #127
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bulls apparently interested in Augustin.


    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...tory?track=rss

  10. #128
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Bulls apparently interested in Augustin.


    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...tory?track=rss
    I said above, Augustin won't help them much, Lowry is the real deal.

  11. #129
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Bulls apparently interested in Augustin.


    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...tory?track=rss
    Yikes! So I guess they are tanking after all.

  12. #130
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I think Boozer would be extremely hard to flip again. I'm not sure if MU would be willing to take on $16.8M in salary for one player next season since he didn't want to do the same thing for Gay potentially.

    I don't know if MU would be willing to take that much salary on for extra picks when he just made a transaction to free up cap space for next season.

    I would do the trade.. just not sure if MU would even consider it if it was made available.
    It's not just that he didn't want Gay's contract. He didn't want the uncertainty of Gay's contract. He can plan around boozer's contract. Gay was too much of a variable.

  13. #131
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,946
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
    I said above, Augustin won't help them much, Lowry is the real deal.
    Apparently Forman & Thibs didn't read your memo.

    I think Lowry is a better fit as well if they want to make some noise but CHI are notorious/wise for not being hasty. They can wait to see how DJ works before eg. looking seriously at Lowry. One of the best motivators for them doing a deal as mentioned in above posts is the savings on taxes by replacing Boozer. They prefer their bottom line not being red.

  14. #132
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How 'bout Lowry to Boston for TE + 1st round draft pick?

  15. #133
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    How 'bout Lowry to Boston for TE + 1st round draft pick?
    Don't see why Boston would do that.
    F*ck Brooklyn

  16. #134
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Schroeder is 20.
    Well aware why he was sent down.

    Vasquez makes Atlanta much better right now which is what the deal is all about.
    I don't think he pisses away another year of Horford's prime.
    If the deal doesn't work out, he has Horford as a trade chip in a year.
    Horford will return prospects and picks.

    Williams still can't play back to backs and is not looking like himself albeit still early.
    Jenkins is in D-League and has regressed majorly this season.
    Disagree that DD's addition hurts their depth when you have a rotation of Vasquez, Carroll, Martin, Korver all capable of playing SG and the two players killing the depth are either in DLeague or incapable of playing back-to-backs.

    Brand and Scott are nowhere near Amir's abilities and contributions.
    Amir's contract is just one more season and very reasonable.
    A nice 4 headed snake of Horford, Millsap, Amir, and Ayon.

    Danny Ferry has been keeping his options open and being opportunistic.
    DeRozan/Korver pairing would be incredible.
    DeRozan is 24 and they'd have him locked up for 3 years.


    I never said Chicago would give up 2 picks.
    1 pick to save $30+M and create all sorts of flexibility for them.
    I also had Toronto's or Sacramento's 2nd round pick going to Chicago (low 30's)
    I'm not sure how this trade would prevent them from pissing away another year of Horford's prime (if that's what going to the playoffs every year is). They'd still be the 3rd best team in the East with no shot of beating the top two. They don't have a center to anchor the defense and Miami and Indiana will eat them alive in the playoffs (if another team doesn't first), regardless of Derozan being there or not.

    I'm pretty sure Atlanta is planning for the future (hence 2 project draft picks last draft), but they don't need to be terrible in the meantime. Horford is only 27 and his game isn't predicated on explosiveness so he still has a lot of good years left. Teague is signed to a good long term contract. They don't need to go for it all this year and realistically shouldn't. Basically, sounds like you see Atlanta as buyers this year, but I don't see it.

    If they traded for Derozan I'm sure you could get Williams, Jenkins, and a future first (not 2014), but is that really worth it for Derozan? I'd rather just keep him.

  17. #135
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,933
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Teams that would trade for Lowry are contending teams that need a backup PG.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  18. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
  19. #136
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry is having a career year. Shouldn't we try to resign him for a decent contract before trying to trade him? I mean realistically MU, can't actually trott out Buycks as our starting pg in the name of tanking and expect to sell any tix can he? Lowry would be a great player to keep at a value contract.

  20. #137
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Lowry is having a career year. Shouldn't we try to resign him for a decent contract before trying to trade him? I mean realistically MU, can't actually trott out Buycks as our starting pg in the name of tanking and expect to sell any tix can he? Lowry would be a great player to keep at a value contract.
    I don't see Lowry re-signing for less than $10M at the moment, given that he's making $6.2M currently. I wouldn't be surprised if Lowry would prefer to test the market before agreeing to any sort of bargain contract. Plus, given that Gay was just traded, we have no idea if Lowry even wants to remain in Toronto beyond this season.

  21. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
  22. #138
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Teams that would trade for Lowry are contending teams that need a backup PG.
    Indiana, Chicago, OKC, ATL are teams I could see wanting Lowry.

  23. #139
    Raptors Republic All-Star Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Indiana, Chicago, OKC, ATL are teams I could see wanting Lowry.
    I'd add Brooklyn even though I can't see what assets they have for us. Possible 3 team deal though. They certainly don't care about contracts and have no picks, so they need to start winning
    F*ck Brooklyn

  24. #140
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I'd add Brooklyn even though I can't see what assets they have for us. Possible 3 team deal though. They certainly don't care about contracts and have no picks, so they need to start winning
    Ah Yes Brooklyn too, I'd say NY but I wouldnt be surprised if NY has blocked any calls potentially coming from Canada...and they have nothing to offer us anyway.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •