Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1322

Thread: Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

  1. #141
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry is going to IMMEDIATELY BOLT guys, he aint resigning. Trade him for scraps if possible, or he walks.

  2. #142
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    8:00 PM ET
    CHI
    NYK
    0 0 0 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0

    Is this the Lowry bowl tonight? Felton hurt again.

  3. #143
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

    Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

    The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

    I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

    1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
    a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
    b) Vasquez for Schroeder
    c) Amir for Brand and Scott

    Cuts $5M in salary, two great assets (prospect and pick), and $10M more in cap space this summer for Toronto; Atlanta gets much, much stronger.

    2) With Atlanta deal done, Raptors call up Chicago:
    a) Lowry, Hansbrough, Daye, 2nd rd for Boozer, Charlotte 2014
    b) TPE for Hinrich

    Raptors get a likely late lotto pick; Bulls get better in short term and save a whole lot of money (like $30+M).

    Raptors lineup for rest of year:

    PG: Hinrich, Schroeder, Buycks, Stone
    SG: Ross, Williams, Jenkins
    SF: Fields, Salmons, Scott
    PF: Boozer, Patterson, Novak
    C: JV, Brand, Hayes

    *someone has to be waived.

    That is a specTANKular lineup.

    For 2014-15, only about $46M on the books.

    Draft night Raps have own pick, Charlotte top 10 protected, and the better of BKN/ATL with enough financial flexibility to be a dumping ground for more prospects or picks.
    Other than the Demar trade i really like this. Only thing i worry about other than Demar trade would be Boozer is his contract up at end of year?

  4. #144
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Felton is a very poor starting guard...

  5. #145
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Indiana, Chicago, OKC, ATL are teams I could see wanting Lowry.
    I would add OKC, GSW, LAL, Miami, NO, and Washington to that list of "contenders".. unfortunately not every team has draft picks if that is what MU is going for.

  6. #146
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Milwaukee too

    if there was a way to pry Giannis (and parts) for Lowry i'd do it in a heartbeat. I'd also be willing to throw every second rounder we have it.
    @jerboat

  7. #147
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Lakers will fall apart if they don't get PG help soon.. they should be actively pursuing Lowry.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  8. #148
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    The Lakers will fall apart if they don't get PG help soon.. they should be actively pursuing Lowry.
    Problem is they have nothing the Raptors would want.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #149
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Problem is they have nothing the Raptors would want.
    A beat up Steve Nash that could be persuaded to take a medical retirement???
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  10. #150
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If George Hill goes down to injury (not that I wish for that), we could give up Lowry and Fields for Granger (trade machine checks out).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  11. #151
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That Knicks bulls game was pathetic. We should auction off Lowry to them

  12. #152
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bulls could use a DeRozan on their team. They need a scoring.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  13. #153
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Chicago and Toronto might actually be able to do something.

    Realistically the Raptors have some pieces that might make Chicago a better team this year while also taking them out of the luxury tax... which is a huge concern for the Bulls and the revenue sharing that goes along with it.

    The issue with the Raptors is the hard cap of $75.75M and the Bulls are actually $7.5M over the luxury tax.

    I'm in full on rebuild/tear down mode thinking there so bear with me:

    1) Raps makes 3 deals with Atlanta first:
    a) DeRozan for Williams/Jenkins/2014 1st (top 5 protected)
    b) Vasquez for Schroeder
    c) Amir for Brand and Scott

    Cuts $5M in salary, two great assets (prospect and pick), and $10M more in cap space this summer for Toronto; Atlanta gets much, much stronger.

    2) With Atlanta deal done, Raptors call up Chicago:
    a) Lowry, Hansbrough, Daye, 2nd rd for Boozer, Charlotte 2014
    b) TPE for Hinrich

    Raptors get a likely late lotto pick; Bulls get better in short term and save a whole lot of money (like $30+M).

    Raptors lineup for rest of year:

    PG: Hinrich, Schroeder, Buycks, Stone
    SG: Ross, Williams, Jenkins
    SF: Fields, Salmons, Scott
    PF: Boozer, Patterson, Novak
    C: JV, Brand, Hayes

    *someone has to be waived.

    That is a specTANKular lineup.

    For 2014-15, only about $46M on the books.

    Draft night Raps have own pick, Charlotte top 10 protected, and the better of BKN/ATL with enough financial flexibility to be a dumping ground for more prospects or picks.
    Same concept but substitute Cleveland and make it a three team deal (can be done on the 15th):

    Cleveland: DeRozan, Novak, OKC 2014 2nd round pick
    Chicago: Lowry, Hansbrough, TOR/SAC 2014 2nd round pick
    Toronto: Boozer, Bennett, Gee, Felix, top10 protected 2014 from Cleveland or lower of 2015 MEM/CLE picks, lower of CHA/CHI 2014 pick

    Chicago is about $1.7M away from getting under luxury tax so final trade:
    Vasquez for Hinrich (TPE used).


    New Raptor specTANKular lineup:

    PG: Hinrich, Buycks, Stone
    SG: Ross, Salmons, Felix
    SF: Bennett, Fields, Gee, Daye
    PF: Boozer, Amir, Patterson
    C: JV, Hayes

    BONUS: No shortage of small ball lineups for Casey.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Dec 12th, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #154
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Bulls could use a DeRozan on their team. They need a scoring.
    speaking of which another coach besides Doc rivers that loves DeMar.

  15. #155
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I liked Matt's idea so much I had to run with it and try to maximize the return. I doubt ATL buys into the move he suggested, but CHI seems ripe for the picking in terms of salary relief. Their ownership is well known for being pretty frugal, and they might even win out in terms of short term talent in this deal, and they definitely win out in terms of flexibility for next year.

    Moving Lowry in a package with Amir makes the most sense to me. The Bulls may even be interested if we can take enough salary off their hands. They are tax-payers right now and would probably love to get below that threshold.

    The following deal saves them a lot of money. They are currently $8,818,834 over the tax.

    CHI sends Boozer (15.3M), Hinrich (4.1M), Deng (14.3M), CHI 2014 1st rounder, CHA 2014 1st rounder, CHI 2014 2nd rounder (total salary $33,634,000)

    TOR sends Lowry (6.2M), Johnson (6.5M), Fields (6.25M), Hansbrough (3.2M), Stone (0.8M), Daye (.9M) (total salary $23,975,200)

    CHI can do the trade because they have less salary coming back. TOR can do the trade by breaking it up into two transactions. Hinrich gets absorbed into the TPE created by the Gay trade (4.6M size). The Raptors’ outgoing salary of 24M yields a maximum return of 125% or $30.1M – which fits the total $29.6M owed to Deng and Boozer.

    CHI would have to waive two players on their current roster for the trade to go through. Assuming they waive James and Mohammed. That leaves them with 15 players. They save 9.7 million in this deal. That puts them below the tax threshold. That means they save the 9.7, as well as the tax bill on it (14.15M), plus get to receive a share of the tax being a non-taxpayer (about 2-3 M). That’s a total savings of about 26 million. That’s not including the money they save from waiving James and from potentially waiving Stone (an additional 1 to 1.5 M). Plus they then have gone 2 of 3 years out of the tax, putting a nice buffer on the repeater rate they otherwise would be looking at paying pretty soon.

    Then next year, they save another 2.3 million if they waive Hansbrough and Daye, plus they have the expiring contracts of Amir and Fields (both useful players and great trade chips at that point).

    Another great point for them is that CHI can structure it as Boozer + Hinrich for Raps players (19.4M * 1.25 = 24.3M) and Deng for nothing, meaning they get a TPE for 14.3 M. This would allow them to do a sign and trade for a max level player in the summer if they wiggle a bit to avoid the tax apron. Which should be easy, as the Raps aren’t asking for any picks past 2014, so in the summer they are free to trade any of their picks for flexibility or as part of the S+T.

    Raps get bumped up to a total salary of 78 million, yielding a tax payment of 9.7M. So the move costs them about 21 million.

    I like it. CHI loses no assets except the picks. Gains flexibility in the short and long term. TOR loses money and established talent, as well as cap flexibility next season, keep DD as a further trade chip or keeper, and gains two 2014 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder.

    I gotta say, I feel pretty great about getting that all to fit together. Get er done Masai. This is just the sort of deal deep-pockets ownership should be approving to put this franchise ahead of the game.

  16. #156
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I liked Matt's idea so much I had to run with it and try to maximize the return. I doubt ATL buys into the move he suggested, but CHI seems ripe for the picking in terms of salary relief. Their ownership is well known for being pretty frugal, and they might even win out in terms of short term talent in this deal, and they definitely win out in terms of flexibility for next year.

    Moving Lowry in a package with Amir makes the most sense to me. The Bulls may even be interested if we can take enough salary off their hands. They are tax-payers right now and would probably love to get below that threshold.

    The following deal saves them a lot of money. They are currently $8,818,834 over the tax.

    CHI sends Boozer (15.3M), Hinrich (4.1M), Deng (14.3M), CHI 2014 1st rounder, CHA 2014 1st rounder, CHI 2014 2nd rounder (total salary $33,634,000)

    TOR sends Lowry (6.2M), Johnson (6.5M), Fields (6.25M), Hansbrough (3.2M), Stone (0.8M), Daye (.9M) (total salary $23,975,200)

    CHI can do the trade because they have less salary coming back. TOR can do the trade by breaking it up into two transactions. Hinrich gets absorbed into the TPE created by the Gay trade (4.6M size). The Raptors’ outgoing salary of 24M yields a maximum return of 125% or $30.1M – which fits the total $29.6M owed to Deng and Boozer.

    CHI would have to waive two players on their current roster for the trade to go through. Assuming they waive James and Mohammed. That leaves them with 15 players. They save 9.7 million in this deal. That puts them below the tax threshold. That means they save the 9.7, as well as the tax bill on it (14.15M), plus get to receive a share of the tax being a non-taxpayer (about 2-3 M). That’s a total savings of about 26 million. That’s not including the money they save from waiving James and from potentially waiving Stone (an additional 1 to 1.5 M). Plus they then have gone 2 of 3 years out of the tax, putting a nice buffer on the repeater rate they otherwise would be looking at paying pretty soon.

    Then next year, they save another 2.3 million if they waive Hansbrough and Daye, plus they have the expiring contracts of Amir and Fields (both useful players and great trade chips at that point).

    Another great point for them is that CHI can structure it as Boozer + Hinrich for Raps players (19.4M * 1.25 = 24.3M) and Deng for nothing, meaning they get a TPE for 14.3 M. This would allow them to do a sign and trade for a max level player in the summer if they wiggle a bit to avoid the tax apron. Which should be easy, as the Raps aren’t asking for any picks past 2014, so in the summer they are free to trade any of their picks for flexibility or as part of the S+T.

    Raps get bumped up to a total salary of 78 million, yielding a tax payment of 9.7M. So the move costs them about 21 million.

    I like it. CHI loses no assets except the picks. Gains flexibility in the short and long term. TOR loses money and established talent, as well as cap flexibility next season, keep DD as a further trade chip or keeper, and gains two 2014 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder.

    I gotta say, I feel pretty great about getting that all to fit together. Get er done Masai. This is just the sort of deal deep-pockets ownership should be approving to put this franchise ahead of the game.
    I dont think CHI is abandoning every single pick this year. Would we have given up picks to move Gay for the crap we got in return?

    If we include Derozan and Ross then MAYBE they even consider this.

    Especially at this point in time when they're evaluating how the team is performing with a single season tank as a possiblity

  17. #157
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Moving Lowry in a package with Amir makes the most sense to me. The Bulls may even be interested if we can take enough salary off their hands. They are tax-payers right now and would probably love to get below that threshold.

    The following deal saves them a lot of money. They are currently $8,818,834 over the tax.

    CHI sends Boozer (15.3M), Hinrich (4.1M), Deng (14.3M), CHI 2014 1st rounder, CHA 2014 1st rounder, CHI 2014 2nd rounder (total salary $33,634,000)

    TOR sends Lowry (6.2M), Johnson (6.5M), Fields (6.25M), Hansbrough (3.2M), Stone (0.8M), Daye (.9M) (total salary $23,975,200)
    I completely agree that Chicago seems like a logical trade partner, for a package centered around Lowry & Amir - Boozer & 1 or 2 2014 1st round picks.

    I lost you though with the inclusion of Deng and then Fields. As a good player and an expiring contract, Deng is not in the same league as Boozer. I assume Chicago views him as much more of a positive asset, likely trying to get a 1st round pick for him (probably with a prospect, as an initial offer). I think they'd rather just keep Deng and try to re-sign him, than replace him with Fields for a season-and-a-half.

    I do think they could be a landing spot for Lowry, but not as a replacement for Hinrich. Chicago needs both of them this season, given Rose's injury and Teague's ineffectiveness. The great thing for Chicago is that both Lowry & Hinrich are expiring, giving them all sorts of options in the offseason: let both walk, let one walk and re-sign one as Rose's backup, S&T one or both of them.

    I really think it could be simplified to get Chicago's attention:

    To Chicago
    - Lowry
    - Johnson
    - Hansborough and/or Novak and/or OKC's 2014 2nd round pick (any that Chicago has interest in)

    To Toronto
    - Boozer
    - Chicago 2014 1st round pick (could even be 1-5 protected or something like that)
    - Charlotte 2014 1st round pick (1-10 protected)
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12th, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

  18. #158
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just a reminder. Bennett is a PF, the reason why he is having a shitty year is that Cleveland is trying to play him as a SF

  19. #159
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeRozan + D.Rose? that's one hell of a backcourt.

  20. #160
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    612
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    DeRozan + D.Rose? that's one hell of a backcourt.
    The more I think about it the more I realize how much a trade with Chicago makes sense especially if it's DeMar and amir getting sent over. Look at how depleted they are because of injuries, DeMar and amir are never injured. They're about as durable as they come, tell me thibs wouldn't want to add 2 guys to his team that he knows will play 80games....

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •