Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    Bill Simmons is saying Bynum wants to play for the Clippers or the Heat now, but they can't take Bynum at his salary and would have to sign him off waivers. If they sign him off waivers for, say, $3m, that cuts $3m of our expense in waiving him right there. This becomes a BARGAIN.
    God Damn Bynum, when will NBA GM learn that this guy is a scrub ? First Philly, then Cavs and now he is looking for third team. I have a feeling that Heat will get him and Bynum will get a ring as well. This is truly disgusting.

Comment

Bill Simmons is saying Bynum wants to play for the Clippers or the Heat now, but they can't take Bynum at his salary and would have to sign him off waivers. If they sign him off waivers for, say, $3m, that cuts $3m of our expense in waiving him right there. This becomes a BARGAIN.
      I don't think the Cavs would give up an asset to unload Bynum when they can just waive him themselves. Cavs are looking for some kind of asset in return for Bynum (I would imagine).

Lowry makes no sense since they have both Irving and Jack. Bynum's contract is $12.5M for any trade.. so the Raptors would have to move about $10M in salary to make the trade work.

I would not want to give up Amir/DD just to move the tank dial a bit. They won't want Lowry unless you find a 3rd team. Hayes/Salmons can't be packaged in a deal until around the trade deadline. So that leaves Fields and Novak.

That would probably be the only trade I would consider unless the Cavs would want Lowry or give up some of their draft picks including their 2014 pick.

But if it was Novak+Fields for Bynum.. I'd jump on it. Bynum would be waived and the Raptors would have about $10M more in cap space this summer.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
        God Damn Bynum, when will NBA GM learn that this guy is a scrub ? First Philly, then Cavs and now he is looking for third team. I have a feeling that Heat will get him and Bynum will get a ring as well. This is truly disgusting.
        He already has 2 rings. Question is with the Heat, will he actually contribute or just play 2 mins a game/DNP for this 3rd ring?

Comment

Doesn't work that way

Can only take off waivers if you have cap space

Raps could trade for him and waive him

I put up a lot of threads about him earlier in year

That contract is gold for any team looking to shed salary

Comment

The Cavs have suspended Andrew Bynum on account of he's a locker room cancer and want to trade him. If we trade for him, we can immediately waive him and half of his $12m salary isn't guaranteed.

Lowry + Psycho T for Bynum and picks works. DeMar for Bynum and picks works.

This is exactly the sort of opportunity Masai looks to seize.
            S M H. Really??

DeMar or Lowry for a cancer + a draft pick that i projects to be around in the 10-12 range.

Only Raptors fans.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              S M H. Really??

DeMar or Lowry for a cancer + a draft pick that probably projects to be around 10-12. Really?

Only Raptors fans.
              Just to simply throw this out there for everybody. Does anyone think any team will trade for Bynum hoping to get him on the floor? Bynum's just sealed his fate. Whoever acquires him will waive him to save money. No team will look for him as a bball piece of any kind. So in any debate about a trade, always consider that he'll be immediately cut from the team.

Comment

S M H. Really??

DeMar or Lowry for a cancer + a draft pick that i projects to be around in the 10-12 range.

Only Raptors fans.
                I don't think Lowry re-signs here, I really don't, so keeping him is a terrible move. I think DeMar is a slightly above average player and that Raptors fans horribly, horribly overrate him because Toronto sports fans prize work ethic and character (both of which DeMar has lots of) and mistake it for raw talent (which he doesn't have that much of on the NBA level). I like DeMar, but I have no qualms about trading him if I think I get a good deal; the only players I would hesitate to trade on this team are Jonas, Amir and maybe Ross, and I've been pretty consistent about that.

I think trading for Bynum is great. You waive Bynum instantly and turn $12m of salary obligations into $6m, most of which Cleveland has in fact already paid him, so the money works out very well for us. If Cleveland wanted to take Landry and Novak for Bynum (as Matt suggested) that's almost a no-brainer; they're not doing anything here and we free up $10m of salary for next year for a relative pittance. If we want to move DeMar instead in exchange for picks (and I would stress MULTIPLE picks here: Cleveland's 2014 plus one of the Memphis/Miami picks they have next year) that's good too.

Comment

S M H. Really??

Only Raptors fans.
                  well were going to be waiving that cancer
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Send dd and Lowry to the cavs for Bynum and a pick. Then look into waiving Amir or putting chloroform in his Gatorade.

Tank by any means possible cause Masai is high as fuck.

Comment

The Cavs have suspended Andrew Bynum on account of he's a locker room cancer and want to trade him. If we trade for him, we can immediately waive him and half of his $12m salary isn't guaranteed.

Lowry + Psycho T for Bynum and picks works. DeMar for Bynum and picks works.

This is exactly the sort of opportunity Masai looks to seize.
                      The trade for Bynum only works if you trade back player(s) making more than 6 million (or combined) and beyond this season or else it doesn't make sense. I would absolutely NOT entertain trading Demar for Bynum. No way. And Cleveland certainly won't include a pick to move Bynum.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        The trade for Bynum only works if you trade back player(s) making more than 6 million (or combined) and beyond this season or else it doesn't make sense. I would absolutely NOT entertain trading Demar for Bynum. No way. And Cleveland certainly won't include a pick to move Bynum.

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk
                        Of course not.

But would they include a pick(s) to obtain DeMar?

Bynum & 2014 top 12 protected (top 10 protected until 2017) SAC pick/2015 Memphis pick for DeMar ?

Waive Bynum or trade him again before January 7th?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Of course not.

Bynum & 2014 top 12 protected (top 10 protected until 2017) SAC pick/2015 Memphis pick for DeMar ?

So demar for a late lottery/mid round pick and a future late pick.

And you're one of the people complaining that we are set to pick 16th right now.

That is a terrible trade.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            The trade for Bynum only works if you trade back player(s) making more than 6 million (or combined) and beyond this season or else it doesn't make sense.
                            You're forgetting that Cleveland has already paid Bynum quite a bit of his guaranteed $6 million. They've paid him for 28 games so far, which is 68 percent of the 41 games that the guaranteed $6 million would pay for; in other words they've paid him at least $4 million of the guaranteed 6 already. We'd only have to pay $2 million to waive him.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Of course not.

Would u really do this if you were the GM of the Cavs just to get Demar !!!

Comment

• I can see this trade:

Bynum, Waiters, 2015 SAC pick for Demar, Amir and 2 second round pick

Comment

Working...
                                X