Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Did anyone notice in that Woj article it mentioned Lowry asked for a trade?

No wonder he's playing so hard.
    Would you mind posting the article? I can't seem to find it
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Would you mind posting the article? I can't seem to find it
      "Lowry has wanted a trade for most of the season and the Raptors became more motivated to move him after acquiring point guard Greiveis Vasquez in a deal with the Sacramento Kings.
      "

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...204933654.html

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        "Lowry has wanted a trade for most of the season and the Raptors became more motivated to move him after acquiring point guard Greiveis Vasquez in a deal with the Sacramento Kings.
        "

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...204933654.html

Thanks! I wonder if that's true or not.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Brooklyn knocking off clippers tonight and moving two games up on knicks can't hurt trade discussions with Knicks for raptors.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Brooklyn knocking off clippers tonight and moving two games up on knicks can't hurt trade discussions with Knicks for raptors.
            At the end of the day, Magic and Sixers are two biggest foes fighting for that 3-5 spots at the draft.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Thanks! I wonder if that's true or not.
              It's Woj. It's true.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                Maybe I'm just viewing everything Masai does through a positive lense now but I feel like all of this speculation may have been leaked for a reason. The price seems to be going up for Lowry.
                i saw this too and immediately thought of masai playing the nets off the knicks before.

Comment

• Maybe the talk of Brooklyn wanting Lowry is a smokescreen, and they're really talking to Toronto about a subsequent move.

To NY - Lowry

To TOR - Shumpert & Hardaway Jr & Teletovic & rights to Bogdanovic

To BRK - Felton (and maybe rights to Zubcic)

Toronto would then waive two players, likely Daye and Buycks
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    Bulls signed DJ Augustin today, so they aren't as tempted to make a deal YET. If we want a trade with Chicago, we probably have to wait until they see how bad Augustin is lol
                    How long do you figure that'll take? 2 Minutes into the first game?

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                      After watching the way he let himself go while in Portland, I don't think he has any plan/desire to be a part of a team that isn't trying to contend. I could see him trying to arrange a buy-out of some kind in order to try to catch on with a contender.
                      And NY is contending??

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        According to Woj, Dolan doesn't want to be known as MU's sucker anymore and is wary of trading much more than Felton for Lowry.
                        So clearly, the return for Lowry should be Shumpert, Hardaway, a 2018 first-rounder, plus a press-release from Ujiri stating that Dolan won the Carmelo and Bargnani trades, and in Ujiri's opinion Dolan is the best GM in all pro-sports.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          So clearly, the return for Lowry should be Shumpert, Hardaway, a 2018 first-rounder, plus a press-release from Ujiri stating that Dolan won the Carmelo and Bargnani trades, and in Ujiri's opinion Dolan is the best GM in all pro-sports.
                          I dont care about the 2018 first pick due to the fact NYK will probably turn things around by then and the pick will be in lower half. Secondly can we just get shump and Jr does that work in Trade machine and then we can flip shump for some other asset ot draft pick

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                            I dont care about the 2018 first pick due to the fact NYK will probably turn things around by then and the pick will be in lower half. Secondly can we just get shump and Jr does that work in Trade machine and then we can flip shump for some other asset ot draft pick
                            We're asking for Shumpert/Hardaway + 2018 First Rounder right now.

You would rather just take Shump/Hardaway? I assume there's a typo somewhere?

What makes you think that NY is going to be competitive even in 4-Years to be honest?

If they trade us that pick, they don't have a pick in 2014. They have aging veterans, Melo might not even return.

Nobody really wants to play for them, the only way they can "Rebuild" is by trading and taking on contracts. They can't even really build through the draft.

Who wants to be that by the 2014 Draft, Dolan will trade away the 2015 Pick in an attempt to "secure" somebody beside Melo too?

After the draft, he's able to trade their 2015 pick since it won't be "Two-Years" in a row anymore :P

On top of that, a First Rounder is a first rounder. Sure it's far away, but it could be used as trade bait literally right again, if we don't value it that much. Or we'll just hold on it, who's to say that the 2018 Draft Class can't have some stellar prospects right now? 5-Years, you're looking at kids that are anywhere from 13 - 16 right now.

octothorp wrote: View Post
                            Still be down for the trade, haha.

Comment

• Shumpert, Hardaway, and a Knicks 2018 pick would be huge returns considering a single 1st round pick investment.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• If the Knicks pans out, I wonder if raps can flip Felton to Miami for Joel Anthony and Philly 2014 1st.

2014 first round draft pick to Miami
                                Philadelphia's 1st round pick to Miami protected for selections 1-14 in 2014 or 1-14 in 2015; if Philadelphia has not conveyed a 1st round pick to Miami by 2015, then Philadelphia will instead convey its 2015 2nd round pick and 2016 2nd round pick to Miami [Miami-Philadelphia, 6/28/2012]

Gives HEAT more depth at PG and also protects them should chalmers leave this summer.

For raps 2 2nd round picks and cuts 2015-16 year off Felton's deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X